ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer

Go down 
+7
brownboots
inntruderr61
somekindajoe
Glidah Drivah
action bob
Wolf_Soldier64
BAMComix
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Empty
PostSubject: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:54 am

Having made a trade with Nate, I received two MB G.I.Joe's, one complete and one who was just torso and legs. This thread is how I have repaired him and put a modern slant onto the AT land adventurer.
It was brownboots who gave me the idea of using BBI modern arms as replacements, I did have to drill out the wrists to make the Joe hands fit, but I think it was worth the effort. I attached the Joe dog tag to the original nylon pull string and re attached his head (using one flocktastic re flocked for me) using this rather dashing blonde beardy.
His kit is mainly made up of dragon and BBi items with some vam items thrown in to the mix too. In the spirit of keeping with AT team, he would have to be Jungle adventurer, maybe searching for Eldorado or some lost Aztec lost civilization.

He is now the 3rd original USA AT MB Joe I have, but I think this one is close to being my favourite.As you guys know, I usually name my lads, so in keeping with that tradition and the fact he only had a torso and legs when he arrived, I will call him, 'Legs'

Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer 002_zps11669a70

Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer 004_zpsd108690e

Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer 003_zps371a86a9

Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer 008_zps52f9d24d

Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer 005_zpsc1c1e910

Thanks for looking fella's  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Now thats Awesome Dal, a superb Kitbash well done, Legs looks excellent,    Very Happy

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Very Happy , thanks wolfie !! means a lot mate  cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:05 pm

He looks superb indeed...  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:06 pm

Your getting a fine Collection Dal, and doing superb Kitbshes, keep them coming  Very Happy 

Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 2:04 pm

He looks fab Dal, like what you have done with the arms, one cool looking dude

PJ  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 2:17 pm

thanks fella's, really appreciated guys  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 2:32 pm

He looks great! I knew that you would do something excellent with him! Is that the MP5 I sent that he's wielding?

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 2:35 pm

It is Nate !! and what an awesome bit of kit it is too !!! I am really pleased that you like what I have done with him. he is defiantly one of the favourites of all my Joes  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:02 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
It is Nate !! and what an awesome bit of kit it is too !!! I am really pleased that you like what I have done with him. he is defiantly one of the favourites of all my Joes  cheers 

Sitting forlornly in a glass case staring out at potential customers was not was those two were built for! I knew that they would be well treated over there!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , I totally agree nate, for all the endless hours of fun these guys brought us as children, they deserve a second chance to be looked after and hopefully a second lease of life !

Can't have a vam/Joe down !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:42 pm

i like him a lot top work on the arms
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 4:52 pm

He looks fantastic Dal. He looks a real 'working' Joe, by which I mean he looks like you'll have adventures with him as opposed to him just being a collection piece. No cushty Ikeas cabinet duty for 'Legs'.

actionman2272 wrote:
but I think this one is close to being my favourite. 

A rival for Jake's number one slot!!  lol! 

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 5:06 pm

lol! lol! lol!  @ Steve, with him joining Jake's team,he should be off on adventures around the house. I am pleased that you like him.

Many thanks snow  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 5:07 pm

Hey Dal! Fantastic job!  cheers 

Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:56 pm

That looks amazing, I'll bet he poses better too, top conversion....one day all our
Broken figures will have Dragon arms!
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 7:05 pm

really great stuff Dal, I think you have done atop job there mate !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenKit Bashed AT Land Adventurer G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Thanks fella's  Very Happy , and thanks for the tip BB  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:28 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , I totally agree nate, for all the endless hours of fun these guys brought us as children, they deserve a second chance to be looked after and hopefully a second lease of life !

Can't have a vam/Joe down !

Here's my best 2nd lease on life Joe. Talking Commander with laryngitis and missing an arm:

Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer IMG_20121021_194500

And after:
Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Locknload_zpsc94a2081

-Nate
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:29 am

Good! another Joe rescued and back on patrol! You've done a nice job on the kitmix, it's very well done! Very Happy  

I like that orange hooded outfit, I've never seen it before, what set is it from? - is it one of those so called knock off outfits? Smile

Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:59 am

clivvers wrote:

Good! another Joe rescued and back on patrol! You've done a nice job on the kitmix, it's very well done! Very Happy  

I like that orange hooded outfit, I've never seen it before, what set is it from? - is it one of those so called knock off outfits? Smile

I believe it's an orange hurricane spotter uniform. I traded it to Rick (Joeman) awhile back. I'll see if he knows its provenance.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:49 am

well Done Nate Anther Joe back in action with a new lease of Life  Very Happy 

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 9:25 am

He looks fantastic Nate !!! as the fella's have said, a great mix, which has created a superb look, he would be at home, out in the woods, mountains or even the Poles on some adventure  cheers 
Back to top Go down
action bob
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:24 pm

He looks well cool  Very Happy 
PJ
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:55 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
He looks fantastic Nate !!! as the fella's have said, a great mix, which has created a superb look, he would be at home, out in the woods, mountains or even the Poles on some adventure  cheers 

We got about 12" of snow today, so I might take a few pics of him outside.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer   Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kit Bashed AT Land Adventurer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next