ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what yeaar was this

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

what yeaar was this  Empty
PostSubject: what yeaar was this    what yeaar was this  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 9:20 pm

missile launcher , I found one in a box of bits that I acquired..with the 3 missiles

what yeaar was this  Launcher_zps02fc35f4
Back to top Go down
Paintedhead5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

PostSubject: Re: what yeaar was this    what yeaar was this  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 1:29 pm

Take what I say with a proverbial pinch of salt, but off the top of my head I would assume 1970 - 1973 as the Action Men are fuzz heads with hard hands, and it rings a bell that they were only like that for those 3 years.

I can have a look in my ULTIMATE GUIDE VOL2 and see if there is any confirmation of dates.
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: what yeaar was this    what yeaar was this  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 4:04 pm

PH5121 wrote:
Take what I say with a proverbial pinch of salt, but off the top of my head I would assume 1970 - 1973 as the Action Men are fuzz heads with hard hands, and it rings a bell that they were only like that for those 3 years.

I can have a look in my ULTIMATE GUIDE VOL2  and see if there is any confirmation of dates.

thanks ...........
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: what yeaar was this    what yeaar was this  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Andy pm Slack , He is well up on pre 73 & I believe he actually has this set. I'm guessing he is very busy work wise though at the mo so bare with him.

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: what yeaar was this    what yeaar was this  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 11:56 pm

what yeaar was this  Launcher_zps02fc35f4

This actual pic is from the 1972 manual. The missile launcher seems to 1st appear in the 1971 manual but is missing from the 1973 one, suggesting it only had a 2 year production run. However as we've seen before what is listed in the equipment manuals and what was actually available retail were often very different things.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what yeaar was this    what yeaar was this  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what yeaar was this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Identity Requests & Books, Original Boxed Vam Items & Action Man Equipment Manuals-
Jump to: