ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wall in the Crypt

Go down 
+8
ghost recon
No Face Fan.
Ddaydawson
ak615
Blondeactionman
Cappy
inntruderr61
sirsidneyruffdiamond
12 posters
AuthorMessage
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Arctic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

The Wall in the Crypt Empty
PostSubject: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:08 am

As many of you already know my other passion is EC horror and sci-fi comics from the late 40's early 50's. I have just finished repainting The Crypt and at last have been able to display my comics.

The Wall in the Crypt Oshawa-20140327-02079_zps5485feea

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:14 am

Wow Awesome!  cheers 

Arctic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 3:17 am

thanks Jim, I love EC comics

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
Cappy
Action Pilot
Cappy

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 am

The best wallpaper you can get.  Very Happy 

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:19 am

Fantastic display piece mate, and much better than having them all stored away in some box. I could spend a happy hour in there mate, reading those classic comics  cheers 

ak615
Mine Detection
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:27 am

Now there is a wall you would never tire of looking at  Very Happy bounce 

Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Ddaydawson

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:25 am

Fantastic Sir Sid, That is one cool wallpaper.
Back to top Go down
No Face Fan.
No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:52 am

I'm liking the way you have displayed your EC horror and sci-fi comics from the late 40's early 50's.

Sabotage
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Looking so very nice Sirsidney. Does decorating in this way come under DIY laws in accordance to the wife? lol.

BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Flippin ell!!!! That's a stonking display with beautiful artwork for sure!  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Nice one Sid!

The Wall in the Crypt 51_png10The Wall in the Crypt 153_pn10 The Wall in the Crypt 115_pn10
The Wall in the Crypt 131b_p10The Wall in the Crypt 138_pn10The Wall in the Crypt 014_pn10

The Wall in the Crypt 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
TALLY HO
Red Devil
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 6:05 pm

very nice , what a place to chill and sit back and admire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:02 pm

That's a wall and then some!!
Back to top Go down
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Arctic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:32 pm

thx for all the great comments guys, I believe firmly in displaying what I collect whether it be comics or VAM, I want to be able to see the stuff.
keeping them in a box just isn't an option, bloody expensive wallpaper, but I love them on the wall

lol!  lol!  lol! 

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Arctic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 10:34 pm

my youngest Son told me it was worth flying to Canada just to sit in the Crypt and appreciate the displays.

collecting is in his genes, I think I brought him up well

lol! lol! lol! 

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Simply stunning work Sir Sid! I absolutely love the EC stuff, some of the greatest artists and writers work went into these fantastic comics. Don't think we will ever see anything as good as these again it was a great era for horror/sci fi stories!

The Wall in the Crypt Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Action Pilot
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:59 pm

Great wall!  I fondly remember reading those comics back in the 1960's.  The only comic I have chased is my favourite from back in the day -- G.I. Combat, featuring The Haunted Tank!

The Wall in the Crypt GI_Combat_Vol_1_112
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:26 pm

those were great comics Doug !, there used to a shop in Birmingham City Centre that dealt in old comics, which was great for me as I got to read and own all the comics from the 60s  cheers 

clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 1:44 am

I love the colour of the front cover of that G.I.COMBAT comic!  It strangely makes me want to start chewing 'Bazooka Bubble Gum' at this late hour (1:42am GMT)  Very Happy 

I always keep a pile of DC's and Marvel comics beside my bed (for late night reading)  Very Happy

The Wall in the Crypt 51_png10The Wall in the Crypt 153_pn10 The Wall in the Crypt 115_pn10
The Wall in the Crypt 131b_p10The Wall in the Crypt 138_pn10The Wall in the Crypt 014_pn10

The Wall in the Crypt 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Arctic Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:12 am

comics and gi joe and action man.........................bliss

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wall in the Crypt   The Wall in the Crypt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wall in the Crypt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: