ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Experimenting with Backgrounds

Go down 
+7
ghost recon
clivvers
somekindajoe
zulu1
Joe90
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Experimenting with Backgrounds Empty
PostSubject: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 1:24 pm

I used some brown paper, crumpled it up and tried to use it as a rock face, what do you guys think?

Experimenting with Backgrounds Adventuring6_zpsbc7d7152

Experimenting with Backgrounds Adventuring5_zps2b5cc98f

Experimenting with Backgrounds Adventuring1_zps99b59b95

Experimenting with Backgrounds 4810739f-cc5c-4d28-a6e5-64df31c5b620_zpsf3ff9b32
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 2:09 pm

I think you using some crumpled up brown paper to use is as a rock face it works really well Dal, I'm liking all the photo shots you have taking as well.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Hey thanks Alex !, I first saw the method done by a guy I know, his of course came out better than mine ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 4:08 pm

I was looking at the picture and thinking "Cool rock face!" and then I read the text.  The rock face transformed into crumpled paper.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 4:35 pm

it does make an interesting background  Very Happy , glad you like them Doug  cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 11:00 pm

looks great 2nd pics a stunner
Back to top Go down
zulu1
Painted Head
zulu1

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 9:21 am

That looks great Dal! Fab idea!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 10:18 am

Very Happy , thanks guys, really pleased that you enjoyed them  cheers 
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:16 am

Very effective Dal. It has a strong 60's TV sci-fi vibe about it to me. I could see Captain Kirk or Wil Robinson bumping into a nasty alien in a cave with a background like that!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:21 am

Very Happy , cheers steve !, 60's vibe eh? funny you should mention captain Kirk, check this link for the same method and the star trek crew, about half way down

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:14 pm

That's a great idea, it fooled me  Cool  The adventuring Joe looks perfectly at home in that cave  Very Happy 

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Very Happy , Thanks Clive  cheers 
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:37 pm

Nice work Dal , He's a very nice figure. I personally would have used white card with the letter C on it. What with him being a Sea adventurer & all lol.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:40 pm

lol!  fantastic Ade !, Pleased you like the photos, as always really appreciated my friend  cheers 
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:22 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
Very Happy , cheers steve !, 60's vibe eh? funny you should mention captain Kirk, check this link for the same method and the star trek crew

Very effective! Lucky your VAM wasn't wearing a red shirt around that brown paper or he'd have been history!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:24 pm

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:26 am

Looks good , I have used that method on some 1/72 scale dioramas for mountain range backgrounds
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 7:03 am

Great work Dal and that link is fantastic!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenExperimenting with Backgrounds G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:40 am

Thanks guys for the feedback!, it is interesting to use certain materials to make backgrounds, I am hoping to do a few more  Very Happy .
Yeah Nick is a fantastic figure photographer and has taken some amazing shots  cheers 
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:42 pm

I sometimes use the cheap textured wallpaper looks good for old buildings , just go into b&q and rip off a couple of samples even better when its free
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:43 pm

cool, great tip, I will give that a go, thanks  cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Ya know...I've been playing with Joes for a good many years now, and I have discovered quite a number of very cool tips and tricks from you fellas on this Action Man board! Your crumpled paper rock wall is inspired, but I think I'd play with using something like model railroad flocking for a ground surface or even real dirt or sand. Adding a few real jagged, brownish rocks on the ground surface might also add to the illusion.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:16 am

cheers  Your rock face rocks Dal!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 10:22 am

Thanks Fella's  cheers . That's not a bad idea Brigadier !, I shall give that a try next time, thanks for the tips cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Great idea, it works really well.  cheers 

PostSubject: Re: Experimenting with Backgrounds   Experimenting with Backgrounds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Experimenting with Backgrounds
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next