ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ebinburgh Toy Museum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PH5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)

Ebinburgh Toy Museum Empty
PostSubject: Ebinburgh Toy Museum   Ebinburgh Toy Museum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:23 am

I went to Edinburgh for the bank holiday weekend, and whilst wandering the Royal Mile between the castle and Holyrood Palace found the Toy museum.

Having two small kids I suggested we have a look, entry was free, and we were in no rush (however the real reason was to see if there was any VAM).

There were a couple of VAM and a Tommy Gunn. They were mislabelled, the TG described as VAM and vice a versa. The VAM were early hard hand figures, I couldn't tell if they had painted heads.

There was a storm trooper with his helmet on backwards and wearing a green beret cammo ascot, but cannot recall what the second figure was (either US or British infantry).

If you ever visit Edinburgh it is worth a quick look, they were not in great condition or displayed well, but it was nice to see them on display.
Back to top Go down
No Face Fan.
No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: Ebinburgh Toy Museum   Ebinburgh Toy Museum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:36 am

I live in Edinburgh, well outside to tell you the truth but anyway I'v not been to the Ebinburgh Toy Museum for a long time, must take a trip down there at some point. PH5121 did you go around anywhere els in Edinburgh ?

PostSubject: Re: Ebinburgh Toy Museum   Ebinburgh Toy Museum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:55 pm

We did the usual tourist stuff. We stayed just out of the city and got the train in which the kids enjoyed.

We spent nearly a day at the castle, looked in the touristy shops, visited Holyrood Palace, went to Jenners department store (to the toy department), went to the Hard Rock cafe and went to Our Dynamic Earth.

On the way back south down the A1 we went to Lindisfarne and Bamburgh in Northumberland. Basically we did things that kept the kids entertained whilst havinga nice break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ebinburgh Toy Museum   Ebinburgh Toy Museum Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:05 pm

In the Edinburgh Castle there is a Highlander regimental museum (the Camerons?) and you can see there, proudly displayed between real 1:1 memorabilia, the Argyll & Sutherland VAM figure  cheers 
Back to top Go down
PH5121

PostSubject: Re: Ebinburgh Toy Museum   Ebinburgh Toy Museum Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:35 am

Funny you should say that. Seeing all of the uniforms on display in the castle inspired me to buy a VAM Argyll & Sutherland uniform which arrived yesterday.

It is a vintage one, not complete, just kilt, jacket and hat, and I am undecided wether to try and put the complete outfit together or create some kind of kitbash with the items (in my small collection of VAM I only have original outfits, no kit bashes or 40th stuff - yet). I have a couple of ideas, but have to do some research to see if they will resemble genuine uniforms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebinburgh Toy Museum   Ebinburgh Toy Museum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebinburgh Toy Museum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: