ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Of Palitoy Under Threat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

Home Of Palitoy Under Threat Empty
PostSubject: Home Of Palitoy Under Threat   Home Of Palitoy Under Threat Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 5:06 pm

First posted by Mike on another forum. Need to get behind this. Palitoy is an important part of our history which needs representing and if it can't be represented in its home town where can it!

Some of you may know the Snibston Museum, in Coalville.  It is right next to the site of the main Palitoy factory.  The main theme of the museum is the local heavy industry heritage, particularly mining, but there is a small but excellent display of toys that includes the history of Palitoy and a selection of vintage Action Man.Sadly, the future of the museum is under threat, due to cuts in funding, and the proposal is to replace the existing museum with a smaller one concentrating on mining, which would mean that the link to Palitoy could be lost.  Quote from the Council: ""The new offering on Snibston I'm hoping will be better and more focussed on the mining heritage."The Palitoy display is very modest compared to the mining and other industrial heritage and the importance of Palitoy and Coalville's role in the history of British toymaking is already rather under-represented.

Anyway, there's a consultation open at the moment. If everyone puts in a good word for the Action Man collection, maybe it would carry some weight.

www.leics.gov.uk/haveyoursay/futuresnibston

There are mining museums everywhere, but the home of Action Man is unique. 
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Home Of Palitoy Under Threat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Of Palitoy Under Threat   Home Of Palitoy Under Threat Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 5:13 pm

It seems very sad that yet another part of our beloved toy is being swept away under the carpet. It will be a real shame if the museum closes, and I hope something can be done to prevent such an action.

(Sparky I had to edited your post slightly mate )

Home Of Palitoy Under Threat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: