ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Damian's kitbashes WIP

Go down 
+3
Sparkys6887
BAMComix
Sgt_Elias
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

Damian's kitbashes WIP Empty
PostSubject: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:46 am

Started on this addition to the ranks, to join my paratroopers (apologies on the rubbish pictures took them in bad lighting with my phone)

A little bit of background on the Filthy Thirteen, this was the name given to the Demolition Section of the Headquarters Company of the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division

Most people have seen the famous photo from Stars and Stripes, showing two members of the 101st with Indian-style mohawks and applying war paint to one another. The inspiration for this came from Jake McNiece, who was part Native-American

Damian's kitbashes WIP M1a1_t10

First thing to make was the extra arm pocket that the 101st favoured, that the 82nd Airborne - All American (AA shoulder patch as per the regular VAM US Paratrooper) didn't.

So I cut some material folded as per the pockets on the jacket and made a pocket flap

Damian's kitbashes WIP Imag0211

then stitched the pockets exactly as per the originals, and added the brass button fixings. Finally adding a screaming Eagle on the pocket flap

Damian's kitbashes WIP Imag0212

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 am

superb Damo, looks fantastic cheers
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 11:05 am

Cheers mate, glad you like

When i say "adding a screaming Eagle on the pocket flap" what i should have said is making a fabric decal, i also made the para jump wings on his chest Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:14 pm

looking good Damo

you are wasted in wood you know Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Laughing Cheers Paul, i don't think i could support myself on purely VAM seamstress-ry (if that's even a word) Smile
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:35 pm

lol! , amybe not mate but you would have loads of unique figures !! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 4:39 pm

lol! too true mate
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Blimey Damo. I'm sooooooo envious of your sewing mate!!! He looks a fantastic!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 7:54 pm

He's very good mate that hair looks great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 am

Cheers Mark, it was slightly easier to sew as i wundawebbed all the folded over bits together as i knew sewing along the edges was going to be a nightmare - glad you like buddy.

Thanks Jason, he does look pretty smart - another of Grandmaster Flocktasic's re-flocks Wink
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:51 am

Very good Damo im liking this one loads Wink

Cant wait to see him finished Smile

Clever little sausage you will be making clothes for the elves soon (Hope you can play a mean fiddle too) lol!
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:52 am

Thanks Dan or should i call you godzilla... Or is that Yongeri Laughing
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:56 am

Geronimo !!! cheers Well done.I`m looking forward to seeing this when it`s completed.
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks Andy, loved the mohawk and have had great difficulty NOT loading the picture - but seeing as he's a work in progress figured i'd upload to show everyone as he progresses
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 am

Sgt_Elias wrote:
Thanks Dan or should i call you godzilla... Or is that Yongeri Laughing

lol! it might be Godzuki Wink
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:14 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tof
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Tof

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 pm

wonderful indian
Back to top Go down
http://forumdugroupactionjoe.xooit.fr/index.php
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:43 pm

thanks guys glad you like him
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 10:57 am

Sgt Elis, Great Job on the Screaming Eagle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damian's kitbashes WIP   Damian's kitbashes WIP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Damian's kitbashes WIP
Page 1 of 1