ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Questions for you guys

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Questions for you guys Empty
PostSubject: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 1:34 am

Don't you fellas give names to your troops? It seems like the great majority of you talk about your mams and yer vams, but doesn't it get clumsy referring to your A/M Pilot or your vam commando? Do you give individual names to your guys like Johnny, Joe, Medic Sam, Nigel the sergeant or Bruce, the machinegunner, maybe Sergeant-Major Rutledge, or Lance corporal Higgins, Captain Wallace, etc?

Do any of you use your troops to play wargames in the backyard, maybe?

Just curious is all.
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 7:59 am

yes me and my kids name my troops i have 97 figures (so far) all with different names and a action man dog named brutus! one of my latest additions ,the club man of evil ,is called Norman ,no not after norman bates or any evil norman ,my daughter says he is mis-understood and is just normal norman !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenQuestions for you guys G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Cappy
Action Sailor
Cappy

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:36 am

Some of mine are named if they are kit bashed as a character, Bodie, Doyle and Cowley for example. However the rest are far to numerous to name individually.
Not the back garden but in my 'playpen' at the Suffolk Aviation Heritage Museum where I build dioramas is where I 'play' with them.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 9:36 am

Its mainly my childhood survivors that have names  cheers 

Russian Infantry
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:16 am

As Dal said, it's our childhood survivors that mostly have names. They became real characters in our minds back then which is why they are so precious to us now.

Joe, Cliff and Hank were the heroes of all my AM games.

Questions for you guys IMG_2871_zps58f7bdd2

..but as Cappy said, nowdays as adult collectors we tend to have too many figures to name them all. Every now and then however a new arrival seems to ooze character and can end up named.

Nabraska  Joe.

Questions for you guys 163

I got him on ebay from a guy in surprise surprise ..Nabraska, and seeing as how far from the ocean Nabraska is I thought I'd make him an Aquanought.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
Heavy Weapons
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 4:23 pm

I have named a few of my figures over the years, but as my collection grew they seem to have got swallowed up in the  crowded cabinet and you tend to forget . This guy however will always be Henry lol . My greenhouse (studio) is my play area, great lighting for pictures and unused from june to march each year, great fun building things in there.

Questions for you guys Henry

Rossini
ASTRONAUGHT
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Taff why do you call him Henry ??? Smile
Back to top Go down
ak615
Mine Detection
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 5:25 pm

cos he looks like Sid James from carry on Henry

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:01 pm

pmsl @ andy  cheers cheers 

Red Devil
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:11 pm

I have a few favourites but not one has a name What a Face 

Action Sailor
Cappy

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:10 am

Sparklebudgie wrote:
I have a few favourites but not one has a name What a Face 
Weirdo  Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 am

only this guy has a name my childhood adventurer
Questions for you guys 2013-07-16100922_zpse3945350
and his name is beardy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:02 am

backyard war games
Questions for you guys 2013-07-13114528_zpsf749fe5f
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:14 am

I had six survivors from my childhood, only got them by accident, when my son James was at my parents house, helping his grandad clear some bits from there loft,  lol! 

When we went to pick him up, he said grandad got me some soldiers oh I said that's nice then he went and got a box, and in there was a shuttle with a paint head in it, two other PHs and brown bearded adventure and two fuzzy heads with a small amount of clothes, the fun I had with them all came flooding back,

The names was Clint, Sam, Doug, Sarge  lol! the other two can't remember,

Russian Infantry
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:26 am

So it's thanks to your Dad and son that you're back in the VAM fold. I bet when young James gave you that box full of old VAM he never dreamt they'd be taking his room over in a few years!  lol! 

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:

The names was Clint, Sam, Doug, Sarge  lol! the other two can't remember,

Pictures?

PS 'Clint' make me feel a bit better about 'Cliff' too!  lol! 

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:38 am

It's is Steve thanks to my dad and James, now they have taken over his room, Clint was my main Vam never got shot like the others  lol! 

Clint name came from the westerns  lol! 

PostSubject: Re: Questions for you guys   Questions for you guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions for you guys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: