ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

50th Anniversary?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bigbear
Painted Head
bigbear

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi All, Not been able to get onto the forum for ages and now only have limited time - Now have three, (yes, 3!), jobs on the go to try to make ends meet, so downtime in hard to find!

Is anything happening this year to mark the 50th? Have I got the right year even?

I've not seen anything about special sets, etc., so I hope there'll be some event or the other?

Did the GI Joe fellas get anything for their 50th?

Soooo far out of the loop at the moment!

Good news is that two new display cabinets are due any time now, so I can unbox and set up more of my collection... I recovered parts of some old cabinets from a skip and a woodworky friend is refurbishing them for me - they are HUGE! :-)

Cheers, John (bigbear)
Back to top Go down
http://www.broadbandceilidh.co.uk
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:31 pm

It looks doubtful that anything other than something done by collectors will happen mate  Sad . G.I.Joe 50th passed without any celebration at all so sadly action man will probably go the same way. It really makes no sense to me, but we are probably the last generation that played with action man, and it is clear that Hasbro or indeed Palitoy have no interest in doing anything to promote the product. If any one has any info different, please post here  cheers 

Admin
Blondeactionman

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:37 pm

ps - forgot to say, great to see you posting again mate !

BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi, bigbear!  Smile

Joe's 50th  Sad  .. 

We have to celebrate Joe's 50th in our own way, it seems Hasbro don't want to know us 12" fans anymore. Toy manufacturers seem to be shying away from military toys these days (except HM Forces?). . It's a shame for Hasbro to turn their backs on people like us, we contributed to them becoming the world's top toy manufacturer through our pocket money.. I mean it's "50 BIG years" of the world's most popular 'father and son's toy action figure!

Hasbro could have at least made a better effort and say "Thanks" to all us Action Man and G.I.JOE fans for being part of their history...

I'm hoping to get a BIG 'Joe's 50th' cake made, and have a Joe party at the end of the year, including fireworks (tons of big bangs and flashes) finished with a 12" Joe parachute drop  Wink 
Here's my tribute so far..
https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t4040-clivvers-barracks-salutes-50-years-of-gijoe

50th Anniversary? 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 1:37 am

Yes very sad about Hasbro... Sad 

Painted Head
bigbear

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Oh well... Will have to watch out for fan organised events, then!
Yes, I'm back on the forum - our youngest has now left home - at 29 years old - my wife's business is now operating in its new premises and I've had the summer off work, (school holidays)... apart from moving my wife's business, etc... and now have a bit more time to spend on the web again.
In the meantime, I've ALMOST completed my 40th collection - barring about 5 uniforms and one accessory, so I'm feeling quite happy about that. I've also completed a couple of vintage uniforms too, so all in all, I'm still up with this hobby!
The new display cabinets I mentioned above will really make a difference and I'm hoping that the dreaded box pile will almost disappear once they are installed.
I've also been buying some very nice and affordable figure stands from Don's Doll Supplies, (USA), on ebay. If you buy 12 at a time, they are still under the limit for importing goods without paying any duty, etc., and work out at less than £2 each, incl postage! They are solid metal and very sturdy. What a difference they've made to the domino syndrome in my cabinets!!!
Cheers for now,
JP Bigbear
Back to top Go down
bigbear
Painted Head
bigbear

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 11:22 am

Just found a press release from Hasbro on the web saying that they'll be doing some special figures for Action Man's 50th. Anybody got any details? Sorry if this is duplicating another thread - I did have a look around before posting!
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Yes, it looks as tho new figures will be released, expect them to be pricey tho cheers

Painted Head
bigbear

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 9:16 pm

I guess nothing materialised, then?

Never mind, There is still plenty to occupy us all!

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 10:16 pm

bigbear wrote:
I guess nothing materialised, then?

Never mind, There is still plenty to occupy us all!

Might be worth getting to action man day 7 mate cheers

Painted Head
bigbear

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 3:41 pm

When and where, please?
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 4:11 pm

50th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary?   50th Anniversary? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

50th Anniversary?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: