ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bamcomix - Missing!

Go down 
+8
Rossini
Wolf_Soldier64
gibri
clivvers
Professor Gangrene Fan
somekindajoe
Captian action
BAMComix
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Bamcomix - Missing! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - Missing!   Bamcomix - Missing! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 11:14 am

Thanks for posting the link to this five year old story in the "Live Chat" a few days ago. What an exciting yarn!

The lighting is... was... superb in the way it conveys a sense of being underground in a vast labyrinth of passages. Keeping the dinosaur largely in the shadows enhances the feeling of dread and menace. The variety of lighting in the opening sequences creates a believable variety in locations and in times of day, particularly the images of the day fading in to twilight.

Good pacing and effective dialog keeps the story moving and engaging. Little touches of detail through dialog and exposition, like the mentions of running low on fuel or the vehicles having trouble over rough terrain, ground the story in reality without slowing things down with over-explanation. Also, the search sequences were a great way to showcase a lot of gear and a lot of guys. That is an impressive assortment of 1:6 scale vehicles! I imagine the collection has only grown in the years since!

Was this the first significant appearance of your "Dinosaur Valley" setting? I noticed the concept of the "huts" was introduced which continues in your most recent "steampunk adventurer" pics. I like it that you have continued to develop Dinosaur Valley over time.

The AMMO forum has a long and active history with many exciting "vintage" posts and episodes to unearth! I'm delighted that this story is seeing the light of day once more!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - Missing!   Bamcomix - Missing! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 1:54 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Thanks for posting the link to this five year old story in the "Live Chat" a few days ago. What an exciting yarn!

The lighting is... was... superb in the way it conveys a sense of being underground in a vast labyrinth of passages. Keeping the dinosaur largely in the shadows enhances the feeling of dread and menace. The variety of lighting in the opening sequences creates a believable variety in locations and in times of day, particularly the images of the day fading in to twilight.

Good pacing and effective dialog keeps the story moving and engaging. Little touches of detail through dialog and exposition, like the mentions of running low on fuel or the vehicles having trouble over rough terrain, ground the story in reality without slowing things down with over-explanation. Also, the search sequences were a great way to showcase a lot of gear and a lot of guys. That is an impressive assortment of 1:6 scale vehicles! I imagine the collection has only grown in the years since!

Was this the first significant appearance of your "Dinosaur Valley" setting? I noticed the concept of the "huts" was introduced which continues in your most recent "steampunk adventurer" pics. I like it that you have continued to develop Dinosaur Valley over time.

The AMMO forum has a long and active history with many exciting "vintage" posts and episodes to unearth! I'm delighted that this story is seeing the light of day once more!

Hey Dave, thanks for the great comments on probably my earliest comic! It was indeed the very first, if somewhat crude appearance of 'Dinosaur Valley and also the first time I had used crumpled paper and paintings as a backdrop. Good eye on the huts Very Happy , i think of them as safe points dotted throughout the Valley, although in truth, I doubt they would offer much protection from a T-Rex! lol!
It was great fun to do and I am so pleased you enjoyed it. As for the motorpool, that has got smaller over the years, as Jake's garage was full to bursting! However, BAM HQ still has some great vehicles for the boys and girls to use bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - Missing!   Bamcomix - Missing! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Et vas wonderbar!!!

Great to see it again and interesting to see all the changes.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - Missing!   Bamcomix - Missing! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 4:51 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
As for the motorpool, that has got smaller over the years....

Downsized but upgraded? Wink

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - Missing!   Bamcomix - Missing! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 3:19 am

I missed this first time around... Superb action! cheers cheers cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - Missing!   Bamcomix - Missing! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 7:52 am

Many thanks guys for all the great comments bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bamcomix - Missing!   Bamcomix - Missing! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bamcomix - Missing!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2