ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)

Go down 
+4
Wolf_Soldier64
brownboots
BAMComix
Falcon
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Falcon wrote:
AH this is very cool, Brown. Thanks for the input. Regarding head swap, how easy is to attach these heads in other bodies like
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Dragon-Nude-Body-Figure-Muscle-Man-Soldier-Model-Toy-12-Figure-/271642272093?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f3f24215d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BBI-1-6-26th-MEU-2nd-Force-Recon-Chopper-figure-muscular-body-palms-/281464466527?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item418896ec5f

Or any other you know.

Thanks!

EDIT: I just compared this body with my Superman Hot Toys and the difference is HUGE. GI Joe is much smaller, about 2cm. I am sure the uniform wont fit well. I will need place his head in another (real) 12". Any suggestion?

The BBI body is an easier mod......
Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Headfix_02

Here's one with a BBI and and N EE head.

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Hybrid1

The Dragon body is tricky, the neck post is quite short to join up to a VAM head, you could just attach it on but your figure would look weird like he had a hunched look ( short neck) to achieve a half decent look with a Dragon you would have to make a joining piece between the head and the neck....to be honest it wouldn't look
Great.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 10:29 pm

Yeah I am not a modder and your job looks awesome. What is this little piece you putted on his neck and where I can find it? A washer?

Do you have a pic of him without the scarf/shirt so I can see how the neck connected to the body?

And this body IS taller than vam's right?

Thanks A LOT!

Last edited by Falcon on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kryptonauta.blogspot.com
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 11:56 am

Brown I sent you a msg last night, but here is another question:
Can I use this same trick from BBI with this body:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COOMODEL-1-6-Male-Narrow-Shoulder-Nude-Action-Figure-Body-fit-hot-toys-head-part-/231342558744?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item35dd174e18
Notice it has a "tower neck" too but the plug is different. I believe that I'd need is swap the pegs, this one from the "pointy" peg from BBG and apply the "washer".
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 10:55 pm

Some friends showed me pics today and GI Joe/VAM has an issue with his head: it has part of his neck on it so in all bodies previously mentioned, either he becames short necked or with an strange long neck.

I need help finding a cool body where I can adapt this head without using epox, just minor connectors as Brown did.

I'd like to see the photo of that Joe on a BBI too, Brown. Please, please... I am rushing because a friend is going to visit USA and I'll ask him to bring some cloths for this bash. If it is impossible to make this swap, I will drop the whole idea.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Here is the thing. Based on the tips of Brownboots, my idea is to fix this 40th AM head in this Art Figures body. I used a BBI neck post here. I still need to attach the head but the whole idea is here. Smile

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Am10
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 1:26 pm

Top work!, he looks great!
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Nice work, great photo good upload Very Happy

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 1:48 pm

Looking good! Very Happy

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:29 pm

Thanks, guys! My original idea was use this figure to assemble a modern day green beret although now I am considering using a Masterpiece head if I find one for sale. Lets see. Smile
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Falcon wrote:
Thanks, guys! My original idea was use this figure to assemble a modern day green beret although now I am considering using a Masterpiece head if I find one for sale. Lets see. Smile

When you get things figured out please post more pics... cheers

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:22 pm

great stuff ,the mobilty on his figure is awesome ,some great poses can be achieved !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenHelp assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Yeah, Captain. I did some serious research before purchasing a modern body. I wanted a really good one and this from Art Figures was mostly recommended in the one sixth warriors forums. I cannot agree more now that I have it in hands: joints are sturdy, many points of articulations and the BBI neckpost connects very, very well.

The neckpost was most important because its the best piece/way to connect the old Joes heads as brownboots showed.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:14 pm

Guys, I need a little help here. Where I should connect the washer, A or B? On A it seels the head will be a little highter. Since I am not a modder, I am asking this before trying something. hehe
Thanks in advance.

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Neck11
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:41 pm

I would say if possible, position A Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:43 pm

This is looking good!

I would think 'B'.. Heat the head (neck area) up with a hair dryer so it becomes a little bit soft, this will allow you to push the washer into area B to secure the head in place, you could also use a little bit of detergent/washing up liquid rubbed onto the washer when inserting it into the head, this will make the head go on easier.

Brownboots should be along soon, he's an expert when it comes to things like this.

bounce

Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 3:05 pm

clivvers wrote:
This is looking good!

I would think 'B'.. Heat the head (neck area) up with a hair dryer so it becomes a little bit soft, this will allow you to push the washer into area B to secure the head in place, you could also use a little bit of detergent/washing up liquid rubbed onto the washer when inserting it into the head, this will make the head go on easier.

Brownboots should be along soon, he's an expert when it comes to things like this.

bounce

Great, I hope he replies to this too. Thinking about it. I think the head will be a little loose like this. I could glue the washer on the top of the connector. I dont know if this will make it more stiff.
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 11:10 pm

The washer should clear A and sit further into the head almost click into place, I useually
Steam the head over a kettle to make it more pliable and just push it on till it meets the point on the neck
That looks best, when it cools it hardens into place naturally. If you have some head wobble wind some tape
around the post just above the washer and the underside of the top bit of the neck post, I wouldn't glue
Incase on the off chance you want to put the figure back on the original head.....you never know!
Let us all know how you progress!
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 11:26 pm

Thanks a lot for your input, boots!
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 11:33 pm

brownboots wrote:
Yes you can replace the Joe head for a 40th...see pic.

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Joeconversion01_zpse48b7888

Same standard washer screwed into the neck post.

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Joeconversion_zps88b8ed2f

The figure on the right is one of mine with a Joe body and a 40th head.

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Scubacopy

Regardin this bash, i saw that you used a super articulated body here. Hue seems.tp tall over classic Joe's body but according to this sitehttp://www.dizzysplayhouse.com/body_comparisons.html#MALE_FIGURES they have the same size. My real question is about the second super articulated body (1a), is he really smaller than the classic body?
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 5:38 am

One more question if I may, can I switch these hands or the gung ho for a modern, bendy version? Wich ones fits better here? I have a pair of art figures like these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/art-figures-US-navy-seal-bendy-hands-1-6-toys-city-DID-tears-of-the-sun-bendable-/231658007544?hash=item35efe4abf8
Will they fit well?
Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Someone can confirm if this head is from an eagle eyes action man de-flocked/unfuzzed? Thanks.

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Joeconversion_zps88b8ed2f[/url]

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Hi Falcon,

Yes it's definitely an Eagle Eye head that's been deflocked, the hair and eyebrows have been painted with acrylic paint.. it looks great!!!! It's now a Painthead/Eagle Eye hybrid, perfect with the new body, this is how i imagine Action Man would have looked if Hasbro had brought back the original Action Man figures again, it would have pleased all 3 camps.

C. @ A.M.I.C.C

Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 7:31 pm

Thanks a loot, clivvers, and yes, the combo is amazing! Smile I asked if brownboots was willing to sell this head but got no reply. Haha I am not that skilled to remake one like this. I mean, I think I can easily remove the fuzzy head and perhaps the eyebrowns but repaint it, no. That is beyond my skills.
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:31 am

I like the look of this guy!  I've got a few CC figures so I might have a go at head swapping some time.

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Joeconversion_zps88b8ed2f[/url]

PostSubject: Re: Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)   Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help assembling a kitbash with a 40th AM (hands, boots)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next