ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Out of the blue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparklebudgie
Ski Patrol
Sparklebudgie

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 11:07 am

Ok should read, "out of the Ebay!"

Very little Vam time for me lately but cheered myself up with two purchases last night.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291311757223?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Closely followed by this win

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Action-Man-/281507954227?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=SDxeMU1eNpliTRw9TFixJRFc12I%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Don't know exactly when I will have time to work on these two but look forward to it.

Painted Head (Hard Hands)

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 1:29 pm

Brian,

I was watching that second item and may have even had a bid on it - I cannot remember as I bid on all sorts. It looks like an easy fix for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Ski Patrol
Sparklebudgie

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 1:56 pm

Yes it looks an easy fix but I will wait till they arrive before judgement.

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 3:22 pm

I know what you mean Brian about waiting to see before you pass judgement.

I got a talking commander with no talking bits and the waist was snapped off and the body was held together with glue. It was no big deal as it was cheap and worth what I paid for the usable bits - but it was lacking an arm and head and was cracking around the top of the leg where the thigh joins the torso so was never going to be more than a source of spares.

It was the worst blue pant VAM I have ever bought, I have always been able to make something out of a ramshackle figure but the broken in two body has me beaten this time!

Happy fixing up anyway - it's more satisfying than just buying figures that need no work.
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 3:31 pm

Bargains and a steal, Brian!

You'll do a good fix up Job on those cheers

(Edit: spelling mistake) Shocked

Out of the blue 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o

Last edited by clivvers on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Nice wins mate!, well done cheers

Sparklebudgie
Ski Patrol
Sparklebudgie

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Not bothered about the talker bits as I have loads of the "new" space talker bodies available, but will wait and see.

inntruderr61

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 5:58 pm

Great finds! Very Happy

Ski Patrol
Sparklebudgie

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:01 pm

Well I had some luck on the first one to arrive, just needs hands, uni washed and sleeve poppers fixed.
No flocking required. Mad
Out of the blue 83a643dee4485109e86ce116320bb959_zps6ae0eed8

Let's see if the other one turns up today. cheers

Admin
Blondeactionman

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 1:16 pm

He looks great Brian!, well done matey! cheers

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:00 pm

looks great Brian

always good when you get a figure back on his feet

that bike looks suspiciously clean though - hope its getting some action (like I can talk)
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Ski Patrol
Sparklebudgie

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 2:44 pm

akumulator wrote:
looks great Brian

that bike looks suspiciously clean though - hope its getting some action (like I can talk)

Cheers.
It's been on t/trainer duties awaiting mudguards to be fitted, I've had a nasty cold/flu for over three weeks so action has been limited. cheers

inntruderr61

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 3:47 pm

He is looking good Brian! Very Happy
I have faith you will have him back in action in no time! cheers

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Sparklebudgie wrote:
akumulator wrote:
looks great Brian

Cheers.
It's been on t/trainer duties awaiting mudguards to be fitted, I've had a nasty cold/flu for over three weeks so action has been limited. cheers

lol! - take it easy !
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:19 pm

It looks in great condition! (bar the hands) I like those early EE heads, they have a realistic skin tone Very Happy

Out of the blue 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Sparklebudgie
Ski Patrol
Sparklebudgie

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 5:31 pm

Had to wait another week for the other one to turn up, well in fairness he didn't have a head so he couldn't see what he was doing.
All as expected with him.

Admin
Blondeactionman

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:18 pm

Sparklebudgie wrote:
Had to wait another week for the other one to turn up, well in fairness he didn't have a head so he couldn't see what he was doing.
All as expected with him.

lol!

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Yes hard to navigate without a head... lol!

But I have faith that he will soon see the light! Very Happy

Ddaydawson

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:21 pm

A couple of nice cheap pick ups. I have to agree with Clivvers about those early eagle eye heads, the skin tone is fantastic on them. I have no idea why they changed the colour as they look superb.
I am sure you will sort out the missing head easily and the fast talking mech is a 30 second job. Nice pick ups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Out of the blue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out of the blue   Out of the blue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out of the blue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: