ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A question to all Americans on the site....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
peterodgers
Heavy Weapons
peterodgers

A question to all Americans on the site.... Empty
PostSubject: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:50 pm

I live in the UK but I'm currently being considered for medical treatment in Jacksonville, Florida in the new year. My question is can anyone tell me good stores to look out for if I go there that sell 1/6th action figures? GI Joe or others, I was going to try and pick up some new figures while I'm in the USA between my treatments.

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:44 am

Peter that sounds a great idea to try and pick up some new figures while your in the USA between your treatments, I really hope the treatments go successfully for you Peter.

Heavy Weapons
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks Alex. I should in about a week if I'm definitely going or not, and then a month to save up some cash to spend on 1/6th figures while I'm over there!

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:09 pm

HEY you should take one of your Action Men and a camera and take photos while your over there Peter, just a idea. Good luck on the saveing up some cash to spend on 1/6th figures Wink.

Heavy Weapons
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:33 pm

Already trying to pick out a figure to take, Alex! I was thinking of my MAM astronaut as the Kennedy space centre is just down the coast but I haven't got a helmet for the outfit so he doesn't look right. Might be getting a 40th figure for Christmas so I might take him instead.

Landing Signal Officer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi Pete. Very best of luck with your treatment mate. I would have thought the only figure to take would be an adventurer Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 2:28 am

Wish I could help but I am not familiar with Florida...
Hopefully you get the answers you seek...

And best of luck with your treatments!

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 7:44 am

best of luck with the traetment pete ,have you enough room in your suitcase to get what we all want lol!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenA question to all Americans on the site.... G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Mountineer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 2:23 pm

dont be silly ca he can buy more suitcases in florida cant he ? clown

BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:05 pm

I think there's a store in Florida somewhere, where my niece got my SAS figure at a knock down price. Best to Google stores for the area you'll be visiting. Hey, good luck with your treatment Smile

A question to all Americans on the site.... 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
somekindajoe
Russian Infantry
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Best of luck with the treatment Pete.

As far as finding anything 1/6th in US stores, I think you'll be very lucky. No current toy manufacturer seems interested. Your best bet may be to look out for antique fairs as they seem to be where most US collectors find the majority of their stuff going by what gets said on the forums. Having said that I'm not sure Florida is the best state for antique fairs though.

If you're going to have a US postal address for any length of time you might be able to raid Ebay US for all those items that sellers won't ship aboard. Very Happy

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Heavy Weapons
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Thanks for the tip - never thought of using EBay over there. If I go I'll be there for about three months so I could get a few things delivered...

Just checked EBay.co. and there's a couple of nice GI Joe figures for less than $30, which by my calculation is about £20. Hmmmm!

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:05 am

Best of luck Pete! I hope all goes well mate bounce

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question to all Americans on the site....   A question to all Americans on the site.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question to all Americans on the site....
Page 1 of 1