ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.

Go down 
+10
Glidah Drivah
inntruderr61
TheOneManKid
TALLY HO
ak615
Captian action
clivvers
Reddragon
BAMComix
brownboots
14 posters
AuthorMessage
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Empty
PostSubject: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Firstly kudos to TOM K for thinking of me to send this very poor condition head too, and it was
in a bad condition, ingrained dirt , no hair paint and a big rip in the back of the head.....poor buggar!

The head itself is an original hard head, its original colour Blonde. So after many hours of sanding and cleaning
and painting.....it's done!!

Also a big thanks to Red 'wheels' Dragon and Dal' the hands' blondeaction man, without who the Great Escape from the bin would not have been completed!!

...start whistling!!

Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Grear%20escape%20logoed%202_zpsmy9hywuk

Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Greeatr%20escape%20pic%20no%201_zpsnmbzondp

Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Greeatr%20escape%20pic%20no%202_zpsmvdfevb6

Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Greeatr%20escape%20pic%20no%203_zpsxjivu9vv

Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Greeatr%20escape%20pic%20no%204_zpsccvhf5pg

The clothes are a re-tailored Adventurer jumper washed to lighten the colour, Hasbro Indiana Jones Leather, Modern Joe pants and Dragon boots. The hair colour is Zandri Dust by Citadel.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Superb!!! you have done an amazing job on him! really given him a new lease of life Very Happy , and to bash him as Steve mcQueen, genius mate cheers . Really pleased to be a help in such a great project bounce
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 5:40 pm

Brilliant BB, another class bash. cheers cheers cheers

clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 5:49 pm

Nice one, Paul! Very Happy

These photo workings are really good, I like the paper effect, it's kind of a bibulous paper finish. Well done on bringing that noggin back to life again cheers

Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 6:00 pm

Sweet ! one of my all time favourite sunday afternoon/bank holiday war flicks !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenGreat Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 7:15 pm

Stunning !!!!!!!

Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 7:52 pm

excellent .........fantastic bash
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Paul...you are master of the art of head restoration! Great looking head now and great bash and photography! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Great job all the way around! cheers cheers cheers

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 11:41 pm

Great looking version of the Cooler King! I remember seeing the 21st version on the shelves about 15 years back. Still kick myself for not grabbing one. They go for a pretty penny nowadays!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:44 am

Beautifully done!!!

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 11:53 am

brownboots wrote:
Firstly kudos to TOM K for thinking of me to send this very poor condition head too, and it was
in a bad condition, ingrained dirt , no hair paint and a big rip in the back of the head.....poor buggar!
..start whistling!!
he looks factory fresh how did you get rid of the ingrained dirt may i ask Question

Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 12:42 pm

blueboxier wrote:
brownboots wrote:
..start whistling!!
he looks factory fresh how did you get rid of the ingrained dirt may i ask Question

Elbow grease mainly!....I had it soaking in some hot soapy water first then toothbrushed
Most of the tighter stuff off, then I used really light grade wet and dry and just tried
To soften the whole damage off. The surprising thing I found is the ' texture' of the head, I
Don't have a untouched mint in box HH to compare it too ( who does?) but when sanded the
'waxy ness ' of the HH complexion dissappeared leaving it looking like the later softer painted heads!
To finish I used Testors Dullcote Acrylic sealer.

Another ' old soldier' saved...it was worth all the agonising hours!

TOM K set me the challenge of restoring him.....he thinks I passed and that's
Good enough for me! Hope you've enjoyed seeing it too?

Next.....some PH EE's!!?...fear the worst!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 2:12 pm

Excellent work! Looks like a good candidate for the photo contest this month...
Back to top Go down
thierry
Sabotage
thierry

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 5:31 pm

very nice work..........Wouw!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 5:57 pm

This is fantastic!! and a scene from one of all time favourite films.

To see one of my heroes in one of my favourite films is just about as good as it gets!!! bounce

Neil.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Fantastic looking pics the head re paint looks great I'd like to see the original before the paint job cheers

Ian

PostSubject: Re: Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.   Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Escape-Virgil Hilts-HH PH re-paint.
Page 1 of 1