ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Building a wall

Go down 
+15
Wolf_Soldier64
paintedhead123
Sparkys6887
somekindajoe
thierry
TALLY HO
clivvers
ak615
inntruderr61
Captian action
Cappy
Reddragon
gibri
TheOneManKid
blueboxier
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi guys, for a while now I have been experimenting with different ways of making diorama walls, with varied success. Anyway, on to the idea. I thought I would try isolation board (the stuff they use on roofs and in walls). First of all I cut a small piece away from the larger board,

Building a wall IMG_6282_zps3tyhec7e

not much to look at!, but stay with me here bounce

I then took a pencil and rule, and drew some lines directly onto its surface, I think it kind of looks like a wooden door Very Happy .

Building a wall IMG_6283_zpsnof6wllb

But we are as the title say's building a wall.
I sawed off two sections at about a couple of inches thick.
With my straight lines drawn, I then drew in the bricks. (note: the pencil digs very nicely into the board, so there is no need for a blade yet) Once I had done that, I decided I wanted the walls to interlock, like brick work, so they can be set up in different ways.

Very carefully, I cut certain section ends off the two walls, taking away an access to create a sort of brick work. Once I had removed all the access and mess, I was left with this Very Happy

Building a wall IMG_6284_zps8l5kz7tz

Building a wall IMG_6285_zpsxmgrfft8

Not bad eh??, It is far from finished. The wall sections will need sealing with pva glue to stop them from getting damaged, as well as too help the paint and under coat to stick to them.

I think this would work well, if you wanted to have a background for your figures, where for photo shoots, or even you display area ??

Thanks for looking cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 2:52 pm

great idea and so simple to do reminds me of the old britains stone walls

Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 2:59 pm

blueboxier wrote:
great idea and so simple to do reminds me of the old britains stone walls

Thanks!, and thank you for reminding me of who used to use the inter locking idea!, been bugging me for days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 3:13 pm

That is a great idea and would look good painted as a stone wall... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Cheers Ralph Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Great idea, Dal, looks excellent!!!

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Brilliant idea Dal, very clever . It's going to look even better painted up. Very Happy

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Thanks guys!, I am pleased that you guys like it bounce
Back to top Go down
Cappy
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Cappy

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 5:00 pm

I've got quite a few offcuts of Insulation Board that were left over when the museum had the new roof put on. I made my WWI trench dio using them. I find they're better to work with than ordinary polystyrene.

Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Cappy wrote:
I've got quite a few offcuts of Insulation Board that were left over when the museum had the new roof put on. I made my WWI trench dio using them. I find they're better to work with than ordinary polystyrene.

I agree cappy! it is great stuff to work with cheers
Back to top Go down

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 5:29 pm

great job looking brill
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 5:59 pm

snow white wrote:
great job looking brill

Very Happy Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 7:49 pm

looks great dal !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenBuilding a wall G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 7:55 pm

Captian action wrote:
looks great dal !

Cheers Jay cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Whoa! That is awesome Dal! cheers

Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:30 am

Top work Dal .Brian did the museum have any roof left over only Dal might have a use for it Very Happy drunken

Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:41 am

ak615 wrote:
Top work Dal .Brian did the museum have any roof left over only Dal might have a use for it Very Happy drunken

lol! lol! lol! , cheers Andy! bounce
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 2:15 am

Nice one, Dal!!!! cheers cheers cheers

You know Dolls houses, well, I'm now planning on making a 'Vam House' using your method Very Happy

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:03 am

good stuff Clive!, I shall look forward to seeing it my friend cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:08 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Whoa! That is awesome Dal! cheers

Thanks Jim!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Been busy working away building larger walls, using the same techniques as the smaller ones I posted earlier. The idea came from a fellow figure photographer, MiskatonicNick's work. If you have never seen his work, check out his flickr here,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/

and his stories here (parental guidance advised, his comics and stories are very funny, but not for kids! lol! )

http://www.toyville.co.uk/

Anyway, back to the walls Very Happy . I used exactly the same method as before, and for a quick covering I coated them in pva glue, then sprayed them using a grey acrylic primer. I will re paint them again, in the future, and i will of course update this thread when I do Very Happy . Here are a few shots of the finished walls, with a short story, enjoy!

Two British Commando's make their way through Castle Wolfvamberg". Their mission, to rescue Flight Commander Lewis,
"Easy now Clarkey," whispers Sgt Reed, "I hear something up ahead!"

Building a wall IMG_6306_zpsbdkibalt

Up ahead, a lone German sentry guards the next passageway.

Building a wall IMG_6309_zpsaztns6wd

We must do this silently, we don't want to alert the whole castle to our presence" Sgt Reed say's quietly

Building a wall IMG_6310_zpss2szazng

"A quick burst from ol' Betsie will have us pass in seconds Sarge!" insists private Clarkey,
"No, it will give our position away!"

Building a wall IMG_6313_zps3sdmjq7o

The sentry, tiring of his long shift, takes a quick look out of the window at the wonderful mountain view. How he wished he could be anywhere except in this drafty castle.

Building a wall IMG_6314_zpsdomerpcq

Sgt Reed see's his opportunity! and seizes it!

Building a wall IMG_6315_zps3iirhpd1

With Private Clarkey covering his Sgt, Reed delivers a vicious blow to the base of the young German's skull base.

Building a wall IMG_6316_zpsfrhefpso

With the young German guard out cold, and their way no longer blocked, the two British Commandos prepare to move on and continue their search for the Flight Commander.

Building a wall IMG_6317_zpshyn1edey

Sgt Reed takes a moment,
"We were lucky there Clarkey, next time we might be so fortunate. We need to keep our heads about us, if we are to succeed here"

Building a wall IMG_6320_zpsjvxlcmvl

High up in one of the castle towers, Commander Lewis sits alone in his cell, awaiting hs questioning from his captors.

Building a wall IMG_6322_zps2zdp7toy

After two weeks, Commander Lewis has given up all hopes of escape, instead he must resign himself to another session of name, rank and serial number!

Building a wall IMG_6324_zpsvnlhxrbl

Lewis is a strong warrior. He will never give up and spill his secrets to his evil hosts!

Building a wall IMG_6325_zpst1uh8sgf

Thanks for looking guys! cheers
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 3:04 pm

Very atmospheric Dal, you have done a fantastic job of the walls they look brilliant cheers cheers cheers . Great story to, that German is going to have a hell of a lump on his head Very Happy

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Reddragon wrote:
Very atmospheric Dal, you have done a fantastic job of the walls they look brilliant cheers cheers cheers . Great story to, that German is going to have a hell of a lump on his head Very Happy

Very Happy Many thanks Richard, I know you have been waiting to see the walls, sorry for the wait, but I had to wait for the paint to dry! lol! , Really pleased that you like them bounce
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Excellent very Where Eagle Eyes Dare

Admin
BAMComix

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 3:26 pm

ak615 wrote:
Excellent very Where Eagle Eyes Dare

Cheers Andy! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Building a wall Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building a wall   Building a wall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building a wall
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next