ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Car Boot Today

Go down 
+8
Wolf_Soldier64
Sparklebudgie
Glidah Drivah
Hawkeye
Captian action
TheOneManKid
BAMComix
action-johnny
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:03 pm

Another small find on the car boot this morning. £1
Car Boot Today DSCN1637_zpsrdkxnu4f
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:08 pm

fantastic Johnny!, new hands and he will be ready for duty! cheers
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:11 pm

....yeah, and a new jumper! Surprised
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:26 pm

action-johnny wrote:
....yeah, and a new jumper! Surprised

lol! , I wasn't going to mention his fetching M&S style jumper! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:49 pm

great pick up
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:24 pm

Wow! All for a round pound! Perfect... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Great find , I trawled 2 boot fairs today didn't find a single MAM let alone Vam Sad

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenCar Boot Today G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 7:30 pm

Nice find he should clean up pretty good like to see him when you get him sorted, regarding the hands I was wondering if anyone knows where to pick up replacement gripping hands to fit on the old pegs? cheers

Ian

Painted Head
action-johnny

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Nice find he should clean up pretty good like to see him when you get him sorted, regarding the hands I was wondering if anyone knows where to pick up replacement gripping hands to fit on the old pegs? cheers

Ian

Well I think you just have to buy these and pull them off the pegs to put on the vintage pegs....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221766973654?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 11:54 pm

action-johnny wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:

Ian

Well I think you just have to buy these and pull them off the pegs to put on the vintage pegs....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221766973654?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You can indeed cheers
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:23 am

Great pickups! Good basic VAM with some nice weapons. You just need to replace the hands!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:30 am

What a bargain cheers

Painted Head
action-johnny

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 5:32 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Great pickups! Good basic VAM with some nice weapons. You just need to replace the hands!

-Nate

They are in the post Nate.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
action-johnny wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:

Ian

You can indeed cheers

Cheers for this I just thought maybe could get them somewhere without the pegs it would be better if you could as less chance of damage when pulling them apart cheers

Ian

Wolf_Soldier64

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Hi Ian, I pull them off with no trouble, and glue them on to the old pegs, reason for this that the new pegs don't fit very well, if you do get them in place they are very tight, it is hard to twist the hands into position to grip guns or knife some come up stuck and come off the pegs,

Hawkeye

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 10:56 am

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
Hi Ian, I pull them off with no trouble, and glue them on to the old pegs, reason for this that the new pegs don't fit very well,  if you do get them in place they are very tight, it is hard to twist the hands into position to grip guns  or knife some come up stuck and come off the pegs,

Cheers Mark the glue was what I was worrying about and how fast they were stuck but thanks for the info I will do this with the hands that have deteriorated cheers

Cheers Ian

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:09 pm

A very lucky find! Cool

Finding vam at car boot sales these days is very very very lucky, everyone seems to know they are very much sought after by collectors, so vam normally end up being sold on e-bay. Even the pensioner sellers know the score with vam ££ Shocked

I'm always getting sellers saying they have loads of vam in their parents loft, and as always, they promise to bring them along the following week, or they ask for my mobile number, i've been waiting for phone calls for years, i'm gullible sometimes.

blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:36 pm

what glue do you use wolf as I have the same problem , I was gonna wrap ptfe around the pegs but your way seems a better Idea

Wolf_Soldier64

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi Jim and Ian here is a link on AMMO where i have done hints and tips about replacement Grippers and the Glue used Very Happy

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t6143-replacing-grpping-hands-from-vintage-to-40th-hands

Last edited by Wolf_Soldier64 on Thu May 21, 2015 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Great find Johnny! Very Happy

Hawkeye

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 9:25 pm

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
Hi Jim and Ian here is a link on AMMO where i have done hints and tips about replacement Grippers and the Glue used Very Happy

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t6143-replacing-grpping-hands-from-vintage-to-40th-hands

Cheers mate and a great link thanks a lot cheers cheers cheers

Painted Head
action-johnny

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:19 pm

"Now I have hands I can shed this awful jumper that nan knitted me..."
Car Boot Today Ecf58ab6-729d-40ea-8e0c-884e6cf9f710_zps6ejoi9ap

"Ahah! A package for me hopefully it's my uniform at last!"

Car Boot Today 915a897e-2e61-448e-8191-0ce5ae40a097_zpsya07pd8y

"Ooh, I feel more like me...."
Car Boot Today DSCN1653_zpsk7fa3zcx

Last edited by action-johnny on Thu May 28, 2015 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 7:45 pm

He's really looking the business now nice cam set rendeer

Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Great photo's John. Love the one of him taking his rather fetching 1970's Arran Jumper off. Very Starskey and Hutch Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:17 pm

great pics he looks very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Car Boot Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Today   Car Boot Today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car Boot Today
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next