ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aircraft and airmen of the Great War

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Aircraft and airmen of the Great War Empty
PostSubject: Aircraft and airmen of the Great War   Aircraft and airmen of the Great War Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 8:50 am

Hi all

My father is 40 years + member of the Western Front Association who actively remember the First World War. My father also makes model aircraft from ordinary card, buttons, cocktail and lolly sticks and dowels, screws, in fact any household oddments that resemble the real thing.

Over the last 10 years he's given free talks to many groups and the latest one at Boxted Airfield I decided to film. Everyone offers him a fee but he flatly refuses telling them it's his indulgence.

It's his love of WW1 aviation that lead me to kitbash the Action Man RFC Captain some of you may recall.

At this venue before the film my dad was talking to a Lancaster Pilot called Peter and it occurred to me that my dad (six years his junior at 86) looked like a boy in comparison.

Here is the 1:10 film:

https://youtu.be/CU7hc8bV-jQ
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft and airmen of the Great War   Aircraft and airmen of the Great War Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 10:13 am

Rob,

What a great upload, I enjoyed this very much and very interesting a great insight to the Aircrafts Very Happy

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft and airmen of the Great War   Aircraft and airmen of the Great War Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 11:30 am

A brilliant and fascinating upload, wiscan! Cool Cool Cool

It's very intresting to hear about the enemy fighter Aces, who used to invite opposing enemy Aces for one on one, dogfight duels. Those scratch built models look lovely!

I'll go back and watch the rest later, Thanks Cool

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft and airmen of the Great War   Aircraft and airmen of the Great War Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 5:41 pm

Wonderful video! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Most interesting history and beautiful models!!!

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft and airmen of the Great War   Aircraft and airmen of the Great War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aircraft and airmen of the Great War
Page 1 of 1