ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ebay - am I been unreasonable

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PH5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)

Ebay - am I been unreasonable Empty
PostSubject: Ebay - am I been unreasonable   Ebay - am I been unreasonable Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:04 pm

I would appreciate an unbiased view about whether I was been unreasonable with a matter that I felt I was been reasonable about.

Short version:
I bought an item off ebay, when it arrived it wasn't what it had been described as, I contacted the seller and asked to return it. They have said they would refund approximately 75% of the purchase cost including their postage to me, with me paying the return postage cost, and are not convinced that what I have said is true about the item.

Long version:
I bought a VAM green plastic beret which was described as a Royal Marine item missing the badge. The seller had quite a lot of VAM stuff so I assumed it was a fellow enthusiast / collector so knew what they were on about.
In the ebay auction photographs the shade of green did look dark, but when the item arrived it isn't as dark at it appeared and is the accessory card lighter green one (of which I have a few spare myself).
I messaged the seller to say it wasn't the RM one, so could I return it. They replied saying that they are not convinced it isn't a RM one as they came in various shades, but will give me a 75% refund of what I paid if I post it back to them.

I have offered to pay the postage back if they give me 100% of what I paid. The sums of money involved are relatively minor, I would probably be a fiver out of pocket if I accepted the 75% offer and paid the postage, but why should I be out of pocket at all?

I thought it was a reasonable compromise for me to pay the postage back which would be a couple of quid.

What's your view?

Paul
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Ebay - am I been unreasonable   Ebay - am I been unreasonable Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Its always tricky when buying off ebay, and sometimes a photo can be edited. Maybe your best bet would be to contact ebay complaints?

Mine Detection
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Ebay - am I been unreasonable   Ebay - am I been unreasonable Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:22 pm

I'm fairly sure that under the distance selling laws you are liable for any return postage but the seller has to give a  full refund of the article. However you may have a case for a full refund as the item was not correctly described.

PostSubject: Re: Ebay - am I been unreasonable   Ebay - am I been unreasonable Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 2:28 pm

I am trying to be reasonable, it was unfortunate that in the picture the beret appeared darker, but the seller doesn't seem to believe me when I say it isn't the RM one.

I believe he made a mistake in the description and don't think he was trying to mislead anyone, but I don't see why I should bear any cost to resolve the matter - other than return recorded postage.

For all I know he could be a member on here, as he had quite a few bits and pieces of VAM for sale.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Ebay - am I been unreasonable   Ebay - am I been unreasonable Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Hi mate, pm his eBay name if you don't mind.

You shouldn't be out of pocket at all if you are returning the item, especially if you are offering to pay return p&p.

Ebay - am I been unreasonable Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Artic Explorer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Ebay - am I been unreasonable   Ebay - am I been unreasonable Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 12:22 am

Open a case. The buyer has to refund you fully if item is not as described. You will have to pay return post as there is nothing wrong with the item.

You don't have to prove anything. The item was incorrectly listed so regardless of what he says I you open a case you will receive a full refund

If hemakes you wait the full two weeks the eBay will refund you regardless and then if I were you would leave negative feedback
Back to top Go down
PH5121

PostSubject: Re: Ebay - am I been unreasonable   Ebay - am I been unreasonable Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 8:52 am

I have had a response from the seller, who has agreed to refund the full amount as he doesn't want to fall out over a couple of quid.

Looking at what he has sold before on Ebay he is either an Action Man collector or has realised that there is a market for the selling the stuff. I think I may have even bought off him in the past.

I don't want to name him on here because I do believe it was a genuine mistake as he has a 100% positive feedback on almost 1000 transactions. I'll send it back signed for, and hope he refunds the payment.

Thanks for the advice.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay - am I been unreasonable   Ebay - am I been unreasonable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebay - am I been unreasonable
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: