ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
action-johnny
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
action-johnny

Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Empty
PostSubject: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Went shopping a couple of weeks back in Tesco and they have a 'Dobbies' home & garden centre within the store. As I was browsing in there I noticed some Marvel canvas prints tucked under a shelf and part of the display box laying on the floor. I could see they were having a refurb so asked a member of staff what was going to happen to the display part. "Do you want it?" was his reply.....say no more true believers!!!!
Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! P1020688_zpsmpo6unym
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Green Beret
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 9:21 pm

Well done John!

Old Stan would say you're R.F.O. (Real Frantic One)  for noticing that print and a F.F.F. ((Fearless Front Facer) – an honorary title bestowed for devotion to Marvel above and beyond the call of duty) for saving it! You're a real K.O.F. (Keeper Of The Flame)!

Nuff said!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:06 am

Thanks Steve.
The display is about 4 foot, got to be a Marvel collectable for sure Cool
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 12:15 pm

What a great result! nice one mate cheers

Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Great stuff Mate, well rescued there AJ!!!

Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 4:03 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Well done John!

Old Stan would say you're R.F.O. (Real Frantic One)  for noticing that print and a F.F.F. ((Fearless Front Facer) – an honorary title bestowed for devotion to Marvel above and beyond the call of duty) for saving it! You're a real K.O.F. (Keeper Of The Flame)!

Nuff said!

Award yourself a No-Prize for remembering all those abbreviations Steve.

Excelsior!!!!!

Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Volgan10
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Looks like a bit of Kirby, Buscema, Colan, Severin (or Trimpe) and Romita in there...
Back to top Go down
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 5:40 pm

Heroic find you got yourself they for free, well done, were you going to display it?

action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 5:42 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:
Heroic find you got yourself they for free, well done, were you going to display it?

The converted garage is my 'man cave' so it will adorn a wall somewhere in there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Green Beret
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 7:08 pm

action-johnny wrote:
Looks like a bit of Kirby, Buscema, Colan, Severin (or Trimpe) and Romita in there...

With all the Marvel themed clothing that's around now days my kids hate it when I tell them which artist drew a particular character, or which issue of a particular comic an image comes from. lol!

'You're such a nerd dad!!' Rolling Eyes

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!   Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look what I got at my local Tesco...for free!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: