ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

60s VAM Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

60s VAM Help Empty
PostSubject: 60s VAM Help   60s VAM Help Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:17 am

Just received today 2 nude 60s VAM figures. I knew the figures had issues but one I need help to fix is the Arms, moreso the elastic connecting both arms is very slack.

How easy to the torso's crack open and what is the best way to restring?

Cheers Guys in advance.
Back to top Go down
Paintedhead5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

60s VAM Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60s VAM Help   60s VAM Help Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 12:59 pm

There was a thread a few posts down which explained how to do this but the pictures have disappeared from it making it pretty useless as a guide.

To do the re-stringing you need some elastic (I use the same circular elastic to do this as I fix blue pant figure neck posts back on with, probably 4mm or 5mm diameter).
I don't cut or remove the leg rivets, I cut through the old eyelet that held the old elastic, I then cut an electrical 6mm yellow ring crimp, thread it round the old rivet and close it up again.

You don't need to split the body to re elastic it, just cut the old elastic and retain the metal hooks.

A good guide to this can be found over on Unofficial Action Man HQ forum (I am sure Dal won't mind me referring you over there are Rob from there is on here too), where there is a very extensive sub section on repairs dating back a good 10 years with lots of useful info.
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

60s VAM Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60s VAM Help   60s VAM Help Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

60s VAM Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60s VAM Help   60s VAM Help Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks Guys.

@PH5121 Yeah found the thread and sans images as you said pretty useless :/ Though thanks @Ross for the link Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

60s VAM Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60s VAM Help   60s VAM Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

60s VAM Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Help and Advice :: Repair, Hints & Tips & Useful Links-
Jump to: