ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !

Go down 
+6
ak615
pachwerk
barney_leadhead
No Face Fan.
somekindajoe
Captian action
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Empty
PostSubject: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 9:47 pm

as some of you (that where on chat the other night) may know, and for those that don't  I purchase a flocking machine from eBay , now before you gasp at the expense it was a £35 item that is generally used to flock bases of war hammer type figures so the grass stands up .
on the YouTube video of gamers using it they kept mentioning action mans flocked hair so I thought mmmmmm
here are a couple of pics of the before and after . Please bear in mind this is the first time I have flocked anything
The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Image.jpg1_zpsuiyxeax6
this is a pic of said machine , and I purchased three types of glue to experiment with ,best result is two part clear epoxy.
The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Image.jpg2_zpshxcmufdo
A close up of the two Cotswold heads I experimented with .
The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Image.jpg3_zpsykbyk9vh
flocked heads ,now have to wait 24 hrs. for epoxy to cure.

A link for flock box
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flockbox-Electrostatic-flock-applicator-Static-grass-tufts-and-model-basing-/281456730631?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item418820e207

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenThe Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Captian action on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 10:15 pm

they look great
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Russian Infantry
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 10:33 pm

A great first attempt Jay!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
No Face Fan.
No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 10:43 pm

Captain Action that's your very first set of flockes, well very very well done mate Very Happy.

Painted Head
barney_leadhead

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Excellent results - is that the same kind of adhesive that the experienced flockers use do you know?

You won't have to flock many of your heads to get your money back given such a great start.

I quite fancy a flocking machine as besides 1/6th scale I also dabble in wargaming miniatures and model railways so it should see plenty of use.

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 10:34 am

barney_leadhead wrote:
Excellent results - is that the same kind of adhesive that the experienced flockers use do you know?

You won't have to flock many of your heads to get your money back given such a great start.

I quite fancy a flocking machine as besides 1/6th scale I also dabble in wargaming miniatures and model railways so it should see plenty of use.

Hi barney ,not 100% sure this is what is used (it is the dark and mysterious art after all ,harder finding information on this ,than the bloomin freemasons !) but i assume it is , the eboxy i used had a2 hr work time and a24 hr full cure time and will dry rock hard  , i got the epoxy from homebase for £4.99
i put a link above for the flock box

Cheers guys for your comments !
I highly Recommend you get one and have a bash yourselves ,cos if i can do it anyone can !

C.A.

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenThe Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
pachwerk
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 11:49 am

Flocking fantastic! cheers  Please more photos of your future experimenting. bounce  Did you link to the YouTube video?

Rich
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 3:06 pm

https://youtu.be/lXEoJyVZYRs  here it is pachwerk all i did is attach crocodile clip to the neck opening , and my box is the bigger and later version

Back to top Go down
ak615
Mine Detection
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 3:15 pm

Captian action wrote:
https://youtu.be/lXEoJyVZYRs  here it is pachwerk all i did is attach crocodile clip to the neck opening , and my box is the bigger and later version

affraid Stop boasting Shocked lol!

BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 3:32 pm

Nice flocking work! Cool

I can see a 'Flocking Wars' scenario coming on soon pirat lol!

The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! 51_png10The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! 153_pn10 The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! 115_pn10
The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! 131b_p10The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! 138_pn10The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! 014_pn10

The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
TheOneManKid
Ski Patrol
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 6:14 pm

Jay... you're a brave man! I've been thinking of DIY re-flocking for some time. There are tutorials done by Flock Concepts on how to build flocking machines and if you join his forum, he seems pretty open to pass on the dark art... Suspect

I have one part of his flocking machine design at home, just need to build the rest... Razz

BTW the Japanese guy looked scared enough... lol!

Back to top Go down
ak615
Mine Detection
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Hope you joined the forum under the name Red Flox lol!

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:46 am

Well done! cheers

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 12:19 am

Great results , I've been looking at this flocking machine on eBay as well , but I've just blown a load of money on tidying up the garden. One day perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Stonewall
Mine Detection
Stonewall

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 6:42 pm

Awesome job. So those Flock trays well worth getting then? At £30 not too bad a sacrifice.

Captian action

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 8:48 am

Stonewall wrote:
Awesome job. So those Flock trays well worth getting then? At £30 not too bad a sacrifice.
I reckon so Jason! handy piece of kit especially if you do any other sort of diorama modelling as well !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !   The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dark and Mysterious art of flocking !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: