ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?

Go down 
+7
Wolf_Soldier64
ghost recon
Rogue-Trooper
peterodgers
Rossini
clivvers
gibri
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Empty
PostSubject: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2015 7:41 pm

What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?

My favorite boots to use when I'm kitbashing a figure together are these
What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  57_B558_BA-158_F-4_D8_C-_A191-516_D18687_BB9
because they are simple black boots, they work for most kitbashes and they easy to put on.

Last edited by ACKIE88 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 6:02 am

What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Dscf0004%2520%282%29

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Good choice, Ackie!

They are up there with my fave MAM boots, the Bowman and Falcon master boots.

Brian,

Those boots are a scale model of the real thing! Don't forget to polish them once a week. cheers

Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 7:46 pm

I don't think my Bowman or falcon master came with those boots Clive?! They were new too! I'll have to check soon though when I'm up in loft storing my vam Sad
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 7:56 pm

Nah! Just Google imaged both and neither have those boots! The falcon masters are similar bulky design but in brown and the Bowman's are totally different and in a kinda orangy brown roughly painted colour! Sorry to be picky
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 8:47 pm

ACKIE88 wrote:

My favorite boots to use when I'm kitbashing a figure together are these
What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  IMG_4254_zpsgx3xjjm5
because they are simple black boots, they work for most kitbashes and they easy to put on.  

I often use the heavier boots like those for bad guys.  My best/favourite figures get a short pair of boots like these, in black or brown:

What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Boots_zpsks74ybpg

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:01 pm

Nice one!! That's the Bowman's shoes Clive ^^^^
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:34 am

Nice boots fellows! Very Happy
Those boots were made for walkin!

I usually just use Tall black or brown Joe boots...

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 11:51 pm

clivvers wrote:
Good choice, Ackie!

They are up there with my fave MAM boots, the Bowman and Falcon master boots.

Oh the Bowman's shoes and Falcon master boots are also my favorite to use when kitbashing but they also my favorites as well Very Happy.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 6:45 pm

I know I said that the Bowman's shoes and Falcon master boots were also my favorite to use when kitbashing so I thought I so you which ones I'm typing about.

Falcon master boots.
What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  IMG_4677

Side view
What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  IMG_4678
Why I like using Falcon master boots sometimes for kitbashing is that they nice and chunky and they a nice brown color,I would use them if I wanted to kitbash up a adventurer.

Bowman's shoes.
What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  IMG_4680
side view
What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  IMG_4681
Why I like using the Bowman's shoes sometimes for kitbashing is that they a nice color and the detail. Again I would use them if I wanted to kitbash up a adventurer.

Last edited by ACKIE88 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 4:41 pm

i prefer bowmans yellow/brown boots ackie myself

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 12:01 pm

blueboxier wrote:
i prefer bowmans yellow/brown boots ackie myself

And why would't you, they are just great to use.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 12:07 pm

MAXX Trainers.
What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  IMG_4793
Side view.
What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  IMG_4795
I already use 4 pairs of these trainers on my X Street Gang, I would use them for a urban kitbash.

Last edited by ACKIE88 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 1:04 pm

Dr.X with copper Arm boots (2001)
What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  IMG_4796

Last edited by ACKIE88 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 1:54 pm

Ackie you've started some of my favourite threads recently...and here's another.

It's great to see all the different styles of footwear available.

I've used the boots in your original post, but they are a bit too "hobnailed boots" for good guys for me.

I tend to use just VAM for the old guys and MAM for the young upstarts.

Although I don't have any brown boots for my old guys...so I'm gonna try to paint some.

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 3:57 pm

I like the bowman boots and Max Steel trainers, tan boots suit outdoor adventurers.

I find that some of the early MAM rubber/urethane combat boots are going a bit hard, so i use a hair dryer to soften them to make them easier to put on MAM's feet. Don't forget to use plenty of talcum powder inside the boots.

ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 4:11 pm

One's I can get on & back off again without their foot coming with the damn boot! Tom stone is one that springs to mind that's a bugger where boots are concerned. Dress him & leave him barefoot......not like he'll get cold toes now is it?!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 2:23 am

I've always liked these orange boots...very AT. Very Happy

What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Figure%2520pics%2C%2520AT%2C%2520AM%2520Mountaineer%2520003%2520%282%29

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 7:21 am

very nice selection of boots,

my favourite are the tall brown boots and the short brown boots, and the small tan boots..Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 9:39 am

Just a small point to Hasbro:

I'm surprised Hasbro produced rubber painted boots (below), the paint rubs off easily and spoils the look of the boots after much use, they are the same as the black molded boots above, they should have been molded a tan/brown colour instead. It might be wise to stick a pair of tatty looking boots in thick bleach for 24 hours to remove the paint for a more uniform sandy yellow look, use a stiff toothbrush and protective gloves to help along with the paint removal, oh and don't forget to wear eye protection. My Bowman boots are still in prime condition, so I will be extra careful with them in the future. Whilst I'm at it, Hasbro, you should have used stronger and better glue for the flocked MAM heads  Wink  

What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  IMG_4681_zpsoqgmdzlc

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 2:43 pm

Cool boots everyone! cheers

Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 4:10 pm

clivvers wrote:
Just a small point to Hasbro:

I'm surprised Hasbro produced rubber painted boots (below), the paint rubs off easily and spoils the look of the boots after much use, they are the same as the black molded boots above, they should have been molded a tan/brown colour instead. It might be wise to stick a pair of tatty looking boots in thick bleach for 24 hours to remove the paint for a more uniform sandy yellow look, use a stiff toothbrush and protective gloves to help along with the paint removal, oh and don't forget to wear eye protection. My Bowman boots are still in prime condition, so I will be extra careful with them in the future. Whilst I'm at it, Hasbro, you should have used stronger and better glue for the flocked MAM heads  Wink  

What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  IMG_4681_zpsoqgmdzlc
i have some of them myself i like them the way they are i.e. weathered looking

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 2:36 pm

I like All Good Lookin' Boots Especially if I can Tuck the Pants Legs In. Cool
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 11:06 am

What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  4753419_B-9024-4_C99-8945-44872_A040_CF3
I like to use these when I kitbash henchmen.

Last edited by ACKIE88 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 3:56 pm

They look like motorcycle boots, and pretty mean looking too pirat

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?    What boots or shoes are your favorite to use when your kitbashing a figure together?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next