ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

air securty

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

air securty  Empty
PostSubject: air securty    air securty  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 6:01 pm

https://www.toyarama.com/store/2015-12-air-security-figure-with-uniform-and-accessories-1-pc-p1294.php
spotted on gi joe club site !
only trouble 1 per member so we cant even have a joint membership and bulk order
and as a non club member this figure would cost you$249=approx £162  scratch affraid affraid

why I hear you ask ?
because you cannot buy from the club unless a member and to buy club membership is $92=approx. £60 for international membership ,although that does give you the free yearly figure option and the next figure is club mike power atomic man who has 2 robotic legs (I don't know if you have to pay postage on the "free" figure,maybe a club member could enlighten me)
then there is the figure itself $54=Approx. £36
then postage which at the cheapest is $51=approx. £31,
initially the £36 pound for the figure seems bearable but their postage rate is very high
oh and to top it all off I forgot you would have to pay mr tax man the V.A.T on top of that
scratch scratch scratch
shame you cant buy single items without membership surely they are doing em selves out of customers !
I would like the A.S. figure , but at  that price I'll think I'll give it a miss
unless of course theres a nice club member out there that does not want this figure for themselves ?????
lol!
If not I may have to put my own version together
Cotswold are doing these now
http://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIEU-15Y

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenair securty  G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

air securty  Empty
PostSubject: Re: air securty    air securty  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 7:05 pm

That looks like a real cracker of a figure!

I empathise! I have been through the whole costing thing as well with GIJCC. If it is any concession they will send standard 1st class if you ask them, they just assume that punters would want the insurance protection in case of loss. But, you're still gonna get stung for import tax!

It would seem a good idea if we had a collective membership, but that wouldn't help in this case and how the hell would we deal with the free figure? Time-share?

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

air securty  Empty
PostSubject: Re: air securty    air securty  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 7:39 pm

That's a great set!

I think the one per customer limit is because they are made in limited numbers and the club doesn't want one customer clearing them out and then selling the sets at inflated prices on Ebay!

...But I'd agree the clubs operating procedures do seem a little quirky! I've been a member a couple of times and found it's a good deal when they have their sales. Quite a few of their older sets get reduced and it's then worth importing a parcel from them!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
pachwerk
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

air securty  Empty
PostSubject: Re: air securty    air securty  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 9:31 pm

TheOneManKid wrote:
It would seem a good idea if we had a collective membership, but that wouldn't help in this case and how the hell would we deal with the free figure? Time-share?

Each could grab an appendage. Shocked

Rich
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

air securty  Empty
PostSubject: Re: air securty    air securty  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

air securty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: G.I.Joe - America's Movable Fighting Man - 1964 -1969 / Adventure Team 1970 - 1976 :: G.I.Joe (1995 -2005)-
Jump to: