ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Missiom - Kong Island

Go down 
+7
clivvers
DrDalek6
gibri
Hawkeye
inntruderr61
No Face Fan.
Captian action
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Missiom - Kong Island - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missiom - Kong Island   Missiom - Kong Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 8:04 am

LeStryge wrote:
Your color mixing approximation for blond is very good Dal.
I have seen some VERY strange supposedly "blond" VAMs that vary between an all-over canary yellow and a strange sort of citrus-lemony almost green that nobody ever had hair anywhere near colour.
Well done!
Question: Are BBI hands available separately or do you have to break up a full figure?
I'd love to replace a few of my MAMs hands too but it could get very expensive to do so if I have to buy full figures to start with.

Hi barry, thanks! his hair is a mix of yellow, white and a small amount of brown mixed together, then once dry a light coating of light brown wash was added. The citadel paint range are very good for covering this type of plastic.
i picked up his hands from ebay, qute cheaply. The trick to getting the mam hands out is dipping the hand and lower arm into very hot water (not boiling) for about a minute, this should soften the rubber ball inside to allow the hands to be pulled free. To put back other mam hands, drop the new hands into verry hot water for the same amount of time and pop back in. If adding BBI hands, you have to expand the BBI connector slightly, winding plumbers tape around the connector does the trick, then push into the mam arm Very Happy . Hope it helps

AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Missiom - Kong Island   Missiom - Kong Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2020 9:36 pm

Thanks for the info.
My main concern was finding the BBI hands without having to buy a whole figure.
I'll haunt eBay for a while and see if I can have similar luck!
I would like to have better hands on some of my MAM figures.

LATER UPDATE!
Just scored a set of hands on eBay, complete with connectors!

Will eagerly await delivery so I can follow your instructions and replace at least one of my MAMs hands. If all goes well I'll undoubtedly be doing a few more.
Thanks for the plumber's tape trick!

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Missiom - Kong Island   Missiom - Kong Island - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2020 7:54 am

LeStryge wrote:
Thanks for the info.
My main concern was finding the BBI hands without having to buy a whole figure.
I'll haunt eBay for a while and see if I can have similar luck!
I would like to have better hands on some of my MAM figures.

LATER UPDATE!
Just scored a set of hands on eBay, complete with connectors!

Will eagerly await delivery so I can follow your instructions and replace at least one of my MAMs hands. If all goes well I'll undoubtedly be doing a few more.
Thanks for the plumber's tape trick!

Always happy to help if I can Barry! I shall look forward too seeing what you come up with bounce bounce

PostSubject: Re: Missiom - Kong Island   Missiom - Kong Island - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missiom - Kong Island
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes & Random Pictures.-
Jump to: