ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT

Go down 
+6
Rossini
Sparklebudgie
peterodgers
BAMComix
gibri
Falcon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Falcon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Falcon

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Empty
PostSubject: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Duke is my fave joe. From sometime now I have been thinking about doing a kitbash with the version released by Hasbro back in 91-92. These were the first 12" joes released by them since 77. Duke was the first one released and the figure was a hit. That leaded Hasbro to release more 3 figures in 92, one of them being Duke with a re-sculpted head (better IMHO). I am working with the v2.0 here.

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Assemb10

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Assemb11

Cool figure but still very toy-ish. We have lotsa room for improvement here. So that is how I consider this project: an improvement, not really a kitbash.

First thing, we need a new body. I could have picked a super articulated from Hasbro but I prefer the classic collection body with gong-ho hands and small feets here. They are more muscular and Duke is pretty much the ultimate joe (to me at least).

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Body10

As I said, I am working with the v2.0 head here. IMHO Hasbro did a great job with this sculpture. The eyebrows could be a little thinner but meh.

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Head10

I just did a head swap. You can see the original body at left headless.

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Duke_b10

Now, the gear. This figure has a lot of great stuff we can salvage. I took the helmet, the BDU, pistol and knife, holster, stripes, boots and the amazing back pack.

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Gear10

I got this m4 from a seller but I have no idea wich company made it. Maybe from power team elite?

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Arma10

I also bashed:

- black gloves from 21st century.
- googles from gi joe classic collection infantry (I also did a bash with this whole set here).

And here is Duke, now fully articulated.

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux110

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux_13

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux_14

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux210

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux310

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux410

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux_11

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux_14

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux_15

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux_10

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Redux_12
Back to top Go down
http://kryptonauta.blogspot.com
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Nice upgrades!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:11 pm

Great work Falcon! he looks great! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Great kitbash! Duke is looking good and has a more natural pose in the finished pictures (not as stiff as the original!).
Your post has also taught me a couple of things too - I've got a few Classic Collection GI Joe figures and I was wondering if I could swap some MAM heads onto them. Your pictures showed the neck posts look identical so I'll have to get the kettle on and boil some heads!
I think I've got one of those guns too and I think it is from the Power Team range. They do have some nice equipment with those figures.

Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 3:59 pm

Nice one bounce

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Thanks a lot gibri, BA, SB and pete.

@pete, I am not well versed on MAM but I do know there are basically 2 types of head produced from 90s to 00s: one, the most basic, is pretty much like this Duke and other CC and modern joes so you will have no problem pluggin it on CC and super articulated bodies or even hybrids like this (I did not modded this body, this was all hasbro). The other head (like in the later boxer figure) swirls around the neck post and you wont be able to plug it right here unless you do some modding.
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:44 pm

I wasn't that impressed with the big yellow eyebrows either. This was one of my first attempts at painting them on from scratch, its so much easier just filling them in  Mad

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Dukereflock024
CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Dukereflock026

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 7:30 pm

You could try patches of pride decals if you want to redo those eyebrows. Check here:

http://www.patchesofpride.com/pages2/bodydecals.html
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 9:06 pm

Falcon wrote:
You could try patches of pride decals if you want to redo those eyebrows. Check here:

http://www.patchesofpride.com/pages2/bodydecals.html

Fantastic link, I've not seen these before bounce

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 11:22 pm

Much better
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 11:27 am

Thanks, snow white!
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 12:49 pm

Great post falcon! This is the figure that made the childhood of action man come flooding back and got me interested again! Smile your body swap has made a great difference.

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 1:36 pm

Thanks, Rossini. I was glad to found that I could actually use his original boots with that body, the feet are short enough to fit. It is a great figure, we can easly do many updates with it like I am still open to replace the pistal and knife for a web belt with a holster and a knife (and other pouches).
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 2:36 pm

the eyebrows are the only thing that lets duke down

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 3:16 pm

Does anyone have the target exclusive version 1figure of duke? Did it have a HOF body like this one did? In photos I've see the right hand looks different!

Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Rossini wrote:
Does anyone have the target exclusive version 1figure of duke? Did it have a HOF body like this one did? In photos I've see the right hand looks different!

I don't know much about the Duke figure so I did a Google search on him.  One of the pictures does show something different about his right hand. Doesn't look like the usual MAM/HOF hands.

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Duke_zpsblvihujv

Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 6:25 pm

Very nice, well reclaimed!...its been so long since I've seen a Duke with a complete Flock!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 2:38 am

Well done! cheers

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 7:26 am

Cool cheers cheers

Did someone mention eyebrows? My KGB agent sports some of the world's finest:

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT 91%20PNG%20WEB%20FOR%20ACKIE%20COMEDY%20CUSTOM%20FOR%20FUTURE%20RUSSIAN%20SPY%20MAM_zpspio1tjth

blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 11:31 am

clivvers wrote:
Cool cheers cheers

Did someone mention eyebrows? My KGB agent sports some of the world's finest:

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT 91%20PNG%20WEB%20FOR%20ACKIE%20COMEDY%20CUSTOM%20FOR%20FUTURE%20RUSSIAN%20SPY%20MAM_zpspio1tjth

isnt he out of thunderbirds ?

PostSubject: Re: CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT   CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CONRAD S. "DUKE" HOUSER - MASTER SERGEANT
Page 1 of 1