ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Insurance write-off?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eccy79
New Recruit
eccy79

Insurance write-off? Empty
PostSubject: Insurance write-off?   Insurance write-off? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 11:55 pm

Evening guys,

I managed to get hold of a possible write-off, the guys and I are hoping to 'do it up', as it has a damaged front mount and handlebars (as seen in the pictures).  Has anyone got any hints to fix 'er up or any spares they could offer up for sale to make the boys happy?

Cheers in advance

Insurance write-off? Dsc_0924
Insurance write-off? Dsc_0922
Insurance write-off? Dsc_0923
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Insurance write-off?   Insurance write-off? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 8:03 am

I used 4mm brass rod bent into shape. I also made them slightly longer than the original so that the figure sits more upright on the bike.

Action Pilot
ak615

PostSubject: Re: Insurance write-off?   Insurance write-off? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 8:06 am

Insurance write-off? DSCF2652

Insurance write-off? DSCF2643

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Insurance write-off?   Insurance write-off? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 8:44 am

Nice fix up Andy!! Karl very few things are a write of if you don't mind using miscellaneous bits and bobs to do repairs, too much stuff has gone in the bin over the years because some people have to have perfection! Smile

New Recruit
eccy79

PostSubject: Re: Insurance write-off?   Insurance write-off? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Nice repairs, how have you fastened them back on again?

I agree with you Ross, too many people are too quick to throw things away and replace them. I had a Scuba Diver AM as a kid who's leg fell off at then knee and my mum was insistent that he went in the bin, but me and my grandad fashioned him a crutch!!

I had no intention of scrapping the bike, its just that my imagination won't let me think outside the box, so I continually have to ask for ideas lol!

cheers guys
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

PostSubject: Re: Insurance write-off?   Insurance write-off? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 7:09 pm

I fixed them to a small plate using m2 nuts and bolts,if you look closely at the first pic you can see what I mean.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Insurance write-off?   Insurance write-off? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 7:12 pm

Nice repair job Andy! cheers
Back to top Go down
eccy79
New Recruit
eccy79

PostSubject: Re: Insurance write-off?   Insurance write-off? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 7:21 pm

ak615 wrote:
I fixed them to a small plate using m2 nuts and bolts,if you look closely at the first pic you can see what I mean.

Yeah I did notice them, wasn't 100% on them being bolts if I'm honest, looks like I have some fine detailing to do then.

Cheers bud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurance write-off?   Insurance write-off? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insurance write-off?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Ammo Motorpool :: Ammo Motorpool - Lets see them Vehicles!-
Jump to: