ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE

Go down 
+8
Professor Gangrene Fan
Jet-
clivvers
ghost recon
Rogue-Trooper
BAMComix
inntruderr61
ActionYankee
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Empty
PostSubject: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 11:29 pm

Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE DSC_0055_zpsnafmj0ac

The head is one of the ones that Lui66 sent me, and I'm determined to "complete" him. The boots also came in the package, so I'm determined to make him an Adventurer of sorts.

I purchased a Cots body, and some VAM40 grippers. Now, I had to widen the Cotswold forearms, because the VAM40 gripper pegs are too big. So I (very carefully) drilled them out, slowly getting wider each time until the fit was right.

I also bought some reportedly VAM trousers, which might be FRF? Can someone confirm please?

Rogue Trooper managed to get a VAM lot, and is sending a Blue Jumper from it my way.

I am sending the head to get flocked in brown with some sideburns sometime this week.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!

Last edited by ActionYankee on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 3:00 am

Awesome project Action Yankee! cheers

I bought a couple pair of VAM pants off Cotswold just like
the ones you got but I know little about them as I strictly
only collect Vintage Gijoe. I love those type of pants!
Maybe some else can shed light on the pants.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 9:10 am

Looking great so far! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 9:20 am

He's gonna look great when he's finished. Looking forward to seeing the reflock.

Chris
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 10:39 am

Getting a figure back in the ranks is always a good thing. Looking forward to seeing his makeover.

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 12:17 pm

It's looking good, the head will look good with a thick dark flock.

Quote :
I also bought some reportedly VAM trousers, which might be FRF? Can someone confirm please?
They do indeed look like vam FRF trousres/pants, the pointer is: they are of a very thick fabric, the 40th reissued FRF trousers are of a much thinner and closely weaved fabric. I found 5 mint pairs of vam FRF trousers last year at my usual haunts, they are from an ex toy warehouse and old new replacement stock.

ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 1:59 am

Just a bit of an update, as the Jumper from Chris arrived today!  Very Happy

Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE DSC_0175_zpsbu0sfxcg

But should the top be folded down like this? \/
Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE DSC_0176_zpsqmeykwqy
It seems like the neck would be very big otherwise. Laughing

Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE DSC_0177_zpsm4a6zfuq
Here I've laid the jumper on top of the still headless Hamish, who's getting all fuzzed up this weekend.

It's a terrific jumper, and I never expected it to be made from as thick a material as it is. It's a nice piece.

And Chris didn't know about the seam rip until it was too late, and packed up ready to go. It's no match for Miss AY's sewing abilities!

This figure will be all complete when I get his head back from Ray the Reflocker.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!

Last edited by ActionYankee on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 3:36 am

What AM figure was that jumper off of? Nice jumper! Very Happy
Your fellow will look great with that jumper and those
AM pants! cheers

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 3:56 am

Chris got it in a job lot of AM stuff, I imagine it's from an Action Man Adventurer.

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 4:29 am

ActionYankee wrote:
Chris got it in a job lot of AM stuff, I imagine it's from an Action Man Adventurer.

Can't wait to see a pic of your figure after he's flocked... Cool! Very Happy

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 4:37 am

AY, it's all looking good. It's very common for those black FRF sweaters to have seams coming apart, it's the cotton thread that becomes brittle and fragile. It's good news that you have a partner that can do sewing, i started sewing vam garments when i was about 7 years old, and what a funny tale i have to tell about my first sewing sortie, and it doesn't just involve a pricked finger or two lol! lol!

ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 5:39 am

It's blue, navy blue (even I can tell)

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 am

As I said before.. Apologies about the seam. I only noticed when it was going into the bag on posting day. I didn't know whether to sew it myself or what..As I'd already taken far too long to post it to you   Embarassed

..It should be an easy repair. Like Clive I've also been sewing stuff from an early age. One of the first things I made for my action man was a superhero outfit  lol!

Hamish is gonna look cool..Can't wait to see him on his adventures  

I've used the jumper with the neck both folded and unfolded I think it's just personal preference as both seem to work

Oh......AND ITS DEFINITELY BLUE ....Don't ever become an electrician Clive lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 12:06 pm

The blue jumper is from the Adventurer Ian Very Happy

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 1:22 pm

ActionYankee wrote:
You must allow for my, and others screen monitors to be properly calibrated and for folks who are colour blind. Yes i can see it's blue now I've calibrated my monitor to my new PC.. I'm not a fan of Geforce graphic cards, I much prefer ATI Radeon any day. I'm so sorry AY, do forgive me, please, and allow for my mouse keyboard to make the odd spelling mistake, you see i never went to Skool much in my last 2 years Laughing

RT, Sounds good, it's probably because our mums never had time to sew for us back in the day..

My first Action Man sewing sorties was: I sat at our dining room table to sew a seam that had come undone on a Britsh Infantry jacket (photo below) and when I had finished sewing the jacket I went to grab the garment to show mum my handy work and the jacket pulled the table cloth with it, I had sewn the jacket to the table cloth lol! The second time I accidently sewed another jacket to my trouser leg lol! I also pricked my finger a few times, after those incidents I became an expert at speed sewing.

My fist Action Man jacket I repaired, plus the black cat in the left of the photo gave me a nasty scar just under my eye whilst i was gently sparring with it, my brother on the far left was always getting bitten on the backside by dogs! oh the joys of childhood lol!:
Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE 31730943896_a64635ac7c_o
I've never forgotten these sewing sorties.

Last edited by clivvers on Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Hahahaha.. Brilliant story Clive.

You n me have more in common than just AM.

I too sewed stuff to my trousers and a table cloth back in the early days.

Plus I have one heck of a scar on my middle finger on my left hand due to cat sparring as a kid lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 1:36 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Hahahaha.. Brilliant story Clive.

You n me have more in common than just AM.

I too sewed stuff to my trousers and a table cloth back in the early days.

Plus I have one heck of a scar on my middle finger on my left hand due to cat sparring as a kid lol!

Fantastic stuff RT! lol! lol! lol!

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 2:07 pm

Great stuff Clivvers & RT! lol! cheers lol!

Thanks Dal! Very Happy

The sweater showed up blue here... Smile

Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 8:52 pm

ActionYankee wrote:

This comes across as a bit rude .

Does it matter if it's blue or black ?
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Jet- wrote:
ActionYankee wrote:

This comes across as a bit rude  .

Does it matter if it's blue or black ?

Action Yankee is colour blind...Which is what he meant by that comment.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Very Happy , yeah sorry.... misinterpreted.
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 10:59 pm

I often forget that due to monitor/screen differences from person to person, so it's not always Blue is Blue is Blue.

And being colorblind myself I feel I have the right to give us a hard time. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 1:18 am

ActionYankee wrote:
I often forget that due to monitor/screen differences from person to person, so it's not always Blue is Blue is Blue.

And being colorblind myself I feel I have the right to give us a hard time. Very Happy

I didn't know that you are colourblind AY Sad

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 1:22 am

The 2 closer pics showed up blue here but the shot further away looked more black... Laughing

Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 2:52 am

clivvers wrote:

I didn't know that you are colourblind AY Sad

Less than 10% of all males are colorblind, and though the trait is passed through females, less than 1% of women are.

Today's fun fact.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE   Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hamish Kingston UPDATE: COMPLETE
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next