ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best glue for faux leather material ??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

Best glue for faux leather material ?? Empty
PostSubject: Best glue for faux leather material ??   Best glue for faux leather material ?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this question..If it's in the wrong place I'm sure a helpful mod will move it lol!

Rather than pay exorbitant amounts for various bits ..Plus it's much more fun and satisfying...I have decided to have a go at making them. I want leg holsters for at least five of my troop and a double leg holster for one of them. Plus various shoulder holsters and scabbards for knives etc.

So I've decided to use the faux leather material .. Sometimes called pleather.

Anybody got any experience of using this stuff ?? I'm mainly looking for tips on the best glue to use, but any tips will be gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation....

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Best glue for faux leather material ??   Best glue for faux leather material ?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 5:22 pm

I think ghost has made a few items from the stuff? Personally it is something I have never tried scratch Looking forward to seeing the results cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Best glue for faux leather material ??   Best glue for faux leather material ?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Yep, I always used the smallest dabs of super glue Chris to bind joins. Material glue is good, but under tension being done up. It had the tendency to release again. Super glue held fast so I stayed with it.
It also reacts with the material, makes it hot to the touch so it's quick too.

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Best glue for faux leather material ??   Best glue for faux leather material ?? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 6:39 pm

Brilliant stuff..Cheers Ghost Cool

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best glue for faux leather material ??   Best glue for faux leather material ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best glue for faux leather material ??
Page 1 of 1