ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Today SWMBO asked me if I'd like a digital SLR camera as a late birthday present ( my birthday was in January but when she asked me what i wanted back then i said "dunno" lol! )

So i said is a bear Catholic ??...Does the pope crap in the woods ??? ...Ok so i might have got those two mixed up lol!

But YES!!!! ...I do want one.

I ran the one I'm getting past my daughter ( she's a professional photographer ) and she said it's a great camera for an AMATEUR. Why she put amateur in capitals I don't know lol!

So we're ​off out next week sometime to get it cheers

Oh....It's a Canon 1300d if anyone cares lol

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:28 pm

I told the wife that it's to photograph the several trips that we have planned for the coming couple of years......

And NOT to take pictures of little fuzzy headed men out in the woods...Honest lol! lol!

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:35 pm

lol! lol! lol! @ Chris, its a great camera mate, you can't go wrong! Now get ya little fella out in the woods and start flashing that camera ! Very Happy

French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
lol! lol! lol!  @ Chris, its a great camera mate, you can't go wrong! Now get ya little fella out in the woods and start flashing that camera ! Very Happy

Hahahaha... Blimey give us a chance. I haven't bought it yet lol!

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 3:55 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Nice one Chris, go for it.. It's a great camera for beginners and experts alike, all Canons are quality items with tons of manual user settings, you'll really enjoy using it, but you won't be able to fit this camera in your jacket pocket, and don't forget to get yourself a carry case, a protective filter to screw in front of the lens and a rocket blower to blow any dust off the lens, I couldn't sleep at night without these 3 items. I look forward to seeing your upgraded photos  cheers  cheers  cheers

C. Pentax User.

Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Cheers Clive.

It comes with one lens and a carry case. The rest i will have to buy as i go along.

I'm hoping it will make my AM pictures much better....But SHHHHH don't tell her indoors lol!

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:13 pm

lol!

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Sounds Awesome RT!cheers

A Catholic Bear... The pope poops in the woods... scratch lol! Very Happy

Sabotage
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 11:22 am

Good news Chris. I have a Canon too.........They're buggers where the instructions are concerned. Mine went into hiding shall we say. Only thing i read is posts here.

French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 11:42 am

Well... There's been a bit of a development.

I changed my mind yet again...And decided that I didn't want a new camera.  I've got quite a good point and shoot and after a conversation with Clive the other night i went on line and looked up all about the settings.

I had been guilty of just using it on auto, but when you play about with the settings you can get some brilliant pictures.

So I'm going to learn how to use my camera properly..And think of something else to do with the money.

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing the new shots mate bounce

BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Well... There's been a bit of a development.

I changed my mind yet again...And decided that I didn't want a new camera.  I've got quite a good point and shoot and after a conversation with Clive the other night i went on line and looked up all about the settings.

I had been guilty of just using it on auto, but when you play about with the settings you can get some brilliant pictures.

So I'm going to learn how to use my camera properly..And think of something else to do with the money.

That's good news Chris, you'll save yourself a packet by not buying a new DSLR camera, that means more money saved to spend on your beloved hobby. The older cameras are still good to go if used with the lowest ISO settings, this will give the cleanest possible image quality outdoors, or indoors with a 100w desk lamp.

I like using the older point and shoot (PS) cameras of around 3.2 - 12megapixels, especially if they have 1/3 - 1/6 CCD sensors, CCD sensors give the sharpest image quality compared to CMOS sensors, CCD's are best used in good lighting conditions, whilst modern day CMOS sensor cameras give the best image quality in low light conditions. Always use a tripod and self timer for the clearest shake-free images. The most important thing is composing your shots to look more interesting, use the 'Rule Of Thirds' whenever possible  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thirds . And remember that having more megapixels is not that important, it's the way the picture is composed that's far more important.

Good luck point and shooters.

clivvers @ Unannounced Fast Street Photography At Fixed Focal Lengths 2017.

Last edited by clivvers on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:00 pm

More money on my hobby ?? Lol you read my mind Clive.

It's got 7.1 megapixels. And loads of settings to play about with.

Although the lowest iso setting is 100....I  remember you saying to only go to 100 at most... Looks like i don't have much choice.

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
More money on my hobby ?? Lol you read my mind Clive.

It's got 7.1 megapixels. And loads of settings to play about with.

Although the lowest iso setting is 100....I  remember you saying to only go to 100 at most... Looks like i don't have much choice.

7.1 is great, I mean go as low as possible with the ISO setting, 100-ISO is very good, Semi Auto settings should allow you to set the ISO limit, it's normally best to set the limit to no more than 400-ISO, I always stick it on 100-ISO for on the tripod close shots of vam/MAM. I only use faster automatic shutter speeds for hand help street photography shots in all lighting conditions Wink

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Cheers Clive.

Next step is to get a tripod.

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:37 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Cheers Clive.

Next step is to get a tripod.
How many tripods are at clivvers HQ? lol!

You should get a small one that can be used at vam/MAM eye level, I have a few Gorilla pods (booty finds at £1 each) they are great! go check them out at Argos Wink

When using Gorilla Pods, use the camera's 10 second timer to allow for any vibrations on the pod to settle down for shake free images.

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Darnit!!..No lead to connect to the laptop..It appears to have gone walkabout.

eBay to the rescue ...

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 3:12 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:

eBay to the rescue ...

Chris, take the SD memory card out of the camera and stick it into the SD card slot on your laptop, it should have memory card slots built in, if not get a USB plug-in card reader from Office world/Staples, or PC World/Currys Wink

Last edited by clivvers on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 3:13 pm

clivvers wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:

eBay to the rescue ...

Chris, take the SD memory card out of the camera and stick it into the SD card slot on your laptop, it should have memory card slots built in Wink

Erm........Yeah it has I've just realised..... Suppose you think ya smart don't ya lol!

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 3:15 pm

I'm fully with it today, I think? lol!

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 4:30 pm

clivvers wrote:

Hahahaha...Makes a change Wink

As it turns out....The SD card doesn't fit for some reason.

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 5:20 pm

Is it upside down and backwards?

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 5:39 pm

ActionYankee wrote:
Is it upside down and backwards?

Nope

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
clivvers wrote:

Hahahaha...Makes a change Wink

As it turns out....The SD card doesn't fit for some reason.

Is the SD card a standard large sized one that fits inside your camera? or is it a tiny phone sized SD memory card? There's a standard large sized adapter available that can take the tiny sized SD cards, then it should fit into your laptop. Make sure you are inserting the SD memory card into the correct slot on your computer and not the USB socket or DVD drive, also make sure you are inserting it the correct way up, or does your camera take flash memory drives? Whatever you do don't use a hammer to aid in your dilemma  lol!

clivvers @ I'm Still With It @ On The Fly Free PC Repairs Via Text 2017.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!   Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Late birthday present...A new camera yay!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: