ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!
 
HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!

Go down 
+4
Blondeactionman
Rogue-Trooper
clivvers
Rage
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:24 pm

Bela Lugosi's DRACULA!
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul11
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul12
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul16
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul14
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul13
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul15
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul17
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul19
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Dracul18

All Hand Painted, added Felt to the Cape, Fake Moss to the Base, and Glow In The Dark paint for the Eye's! "BLUAH!!-BLUAH!!" lol!

CREATURE From The BLACK LAGOON!
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu13
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu11
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu12
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu15
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu14
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu17
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Craetu10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu18
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu20
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu16
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu19
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Creatu21

HERMAN MUNSTER!
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman15
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman18
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman12
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman11
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman13
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman14
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman21
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman16
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman17
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman20
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Herman19

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT


Last edited by Rage on Tue May 02, 2017 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers


Posts : 4226
Join date : 2013-02-08
Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Nice work there, very good painting too, it looks like one of the classic kits reissued?

I'm a kit builder too! I was building kits up until I got back into Action Man again, I've managed to build 10 planes so far.. I used to collect kits so I have plenty to build in the future. Some class model kits as a good investment for the family (inheritors), me, I like to slap glue and paint on some of them and hang them from my ceiling.

_________________
clivvers - saviour of the huMAM race @ MAMageddon 2009 - 2099 @ clivvers MAM Nation:

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 51_png10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 153_pn10 One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 115_pn10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 131b_p10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 138_pn10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 014_pn10

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper


Posts : 2124
Join date : 2016-09-11
Location : Bedfordshire

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:53 pm

First class work sir. I absolutely love the Herman figure.  But they all look fantastic.....the wet look on the creature from the black lagoon is amazing.

_________________
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Rogue-Troopers-Sig

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:56 pm

clivvers wrote:
Nice work there, very good painting too, it looks like one of the classic kits reissued?

I'm a kit builder too! I was building kits up until I got back into Action Man again, I've managed to build 10 planes so far.. I used to collect kits so I have plenty to build in the future. Some class model kits as a good investment for the family (inheritors), me, I like to slap glue and paint on some of them and hang them from my ceiling.

THANKS! CLIVVERS! Yea the Creature is a Re-Issue, it's one of my Passions that let's me Escape. I Really Enjoy it. I don't have any Military Kits yet, but in time I Definitly Will! I'd Like to see some of Yours As Well! Feel Free to Post To This Thread if Ya Like! bounce bounce

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:02 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
First class work sir. I absolutely love the Herman figure.  But they all look fantastic.....the wet look on the creature from the black lagoon is amazing.

bounce THANKS! R-T! I was Quite Pleased with how the Creature Turned Out, I put Alot Of Time into that little kit. For the Wet Look, I put Several Coats of Clear Gloss Coat on it. I've got a couple more Monsters that I need to take New Pix of and some Pretty Cool Vehicles as well. Very Happy If you Look Closely you can catch a Glimps of some of my other kits in the Backgraound of These Pictures. Wink

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper


Posts : 2124
Join date : 2016-09-11
Location : Bedfordshire

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Many many years ago i made a kit called The Forgotten Prisoner.... basically a skeleton in rags chained to a wall. Have you got that one ??

_________________
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Rogue-Troopers-Sig

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Many many years ago i made a kit called The Forgotten Prisoner.... basically a skeleton in rags chained to a wall. Have you got that one ??

No!, But it's On My Wish List! bounce I helped my older Brother do one when I was a kid, I LOVE That One! bounce

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper


Posts : 2124
Join date : 2016-09-11
Location : Bedfordshire

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:17 pm

Rage wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Many many years ago i made a kit called The Forgotten Prisoner.... basically a skeleton in rags chained to a wall. Have you got that one ??

No!, But it's On My Wish List! bounce I helped my older Brother do one when I was a kid, I LOVE That One! bounce

Oh wow...they still make it ?? I would love to make it again....my dad helped me when I was a kid. So it would be a tribute to him..and it would have been his birthday today too...spooky.

Right I'm off to search the web for that figure.

_________________
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Rogue-Troopers-Sig

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers


Posts : 4226
Join date : 2013-02-08
Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Rage,

Whilst I typed my post earlier you loaded up some more images, they all look brilliant, excellent painting! The round oval that surrounds the logo Moebius looks like an Aurora logo, I think it is..  

I'll muster/Munster together some of my aircraft builds later tonight (photos), they are all on my black box data recorder. I'll be back...

_________________
clivvers - saviour of the huMAM race @ MAMageddon 2009 - 2099 @ clivvers MAM Nation:

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 51_png10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 153_pn10 One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 115_pn10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 131b_p10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 138_pn10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 014_pn10

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 1:16 am

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Rage wrote:
Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Many many years ago i made a kit called The Forgotten Prisoner.... basically a skeleton in rags chained to a wall. Have you got that one ??

No!, But it's On My Wish List! bounce I helped my older Brother do one when I was a kid, I LOVE That One! bounce

Oh wow...they still make it ?? I would love to make it again....my dad helped me when I was a kid. So it would be a tribute to him..and it would have been his birthday today too...spooky.

Right I'm off to search the web for that figure.

I see'em on ebay from time to time. There Should Be some Re-Issues floating around somewhere. Good Luck! Very Happy

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 1:21 am

clivvers wrote:
Rage,

Whilst I typed my post earlier you loaded up some more images, they all look brilliant, excellent painting! The round oval that surrounds the logo Moebius looks like an Aurora logo, I think it is..  

I'll muster/Munster together some of my aircraft builds later tonight (photos), they are all on my black box data recorder. I'll be back...

Thank You SO Much for Your Kind Comments Clivvers, I Really Like to Share My Treasures with those that Can Appreciate them. Can't Wait to Check Out Your Planes! bounce  I built a few of those to when I was a kid, but I don't have any now. Rolling Eyes Yea, I also thought the Mobius emblem looked Alot like the Vintage Aurora Logo. Hhhmm, Great Minds Think Alike! Laughing

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers


Posts : 4226
Join date : 2013-02-08
Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 8:41 am

Built straight out of the box, no filler, 1:72 scale. I think I built this kit back in the late 1990's/early 2000, the date stamp is when I edited the photos:

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 33580274444_48ae029d1b_o
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 33580274454_ac44438b12_o
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 33580274464_a0728db1fd_o
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 33580274474_b8b81533c7_o
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 33580274484_8b685b3a45_o
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 33580274494_5884b8ded2_o
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34422396695_f8a752c671_o
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34422396715_68934fcc4e_o
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34422396745_fb4e15d250_o

After seeing and hearing the screams of Mustangs diving in for a kill at a Biggin Hill airshow (UK) I just had to build a kit. More kit builds to come later today..

_________________
clivvers - saviour of the huMAM race @ MAMageddon 2009 - 2099 @ clivvers MAM Nation:

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 51_png10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 153_pn10 One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 115_pn10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 131b_p10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 138_pn10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 014_pn10

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman


Posts : 14324
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 49
Location : Birmingham, England

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 9:55 am

Wow Jack, those are really cool!, Herman is terrific! bounce

_________________
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Blondeactionman-Sig-Copy
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers


Posts : 4226
Join date : 2013-02-08
Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Rage wrote:
clivvers wrote:
Nice work there, very good painting too, it looks like one of the classic kits reissued?

I'm a kit builder too! I was building kits up until I got back into Action Man again, I've managed to build 10 planes so far.. I used to collect kits so I have plenty to build in the future. Some class model kits as a good investment for the family (inheritors), me, I like to slap glue and paint on some of them and hang them from my ceiling.

THANKS! CLIVVERS! Yea the Creature is a Re-Issue, it's one of my Passions that let's me Escape. I Really Enjoy it. I don't have any Military Kits yet, but in time I Definitly Will! I'd Like to see some of Yours As Well! Feel Free to Post To This Thread if Ya Like! bounce bounce

Thanks for inviting me to come into your airspace Rage, well here they are, I'm not a pro kit builder, I did it for enjoyment and to take my mind off worries, hopefully I have improved these days with some pro artist brushes  Embarassed :

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34265479682_bbb9b053d9_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34265479722_4323227256_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34265479732_8e860a1c23_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34265479742_6f3efed288_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34265479752_b8678fa6fc_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34265479762_1b10840a62_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34293882361_78ec5e2e08_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34293882381_b25a6d9b59_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34293882391_671f5be5d4_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34060257170_df35339b3d_o

I'm really into 1:32 scale slot cars, so I painted these up for my grandstands, I have loads more to do. They are 1:32 scale Airfix figures:

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34293882401_dba1696a89_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34293882411_f1923a9d0b_o

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 34293882421_ffc2bfcbf9_o


_________________
clivvers - saviour of the huMAM race @ MAMageddon 2009 - 2099 @ clivvers MAM Nation:

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 51_png10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 153_pn10 One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 115_pn10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 131b_p10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 138_pn10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 014_pn10

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o


Last edited by clivvers on Thu May 04, 2017 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Reddragon
Heavy Weapons
Reddragon


Posts : 606
Join date : 2012-11-11
Age : 63
Location : South Wales

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Nice painting Clive they look brilliant, i never had much luck painting model planes. The figures are very nicely painted to, great upload. Rage , your kits look brilliant and very well painted, clever stuff  cheers cheers cheers

_________________
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Comicbanner2
“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
Back to top Go down
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 5:19 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Wow Jack, those are really cool!, Herman is terrific! bounce

Very Happy Thank You Dal! I Love The Responses that i've received from everyone in this thread, it makes all the Long Hours I spent working on them All The More Worth It! Wink

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Shocked WOW! CLIVVERS!, Those Planes Look GREAT!! Looks Like Pro Work to Me my Friend! bounce I Love the Grand Stand too, Fantastic Detailing! bounce

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Reddragon wrote:
Nice painting Clive they look brilliant, i never had much luck painting model planes. The figures are very nicely painted to, great upload. Rage , your kits look brilliant and very well painted, clever stuff  cheers cheers cheers
Very Happy Thanks Reddragon! Glad You Like Them! bounce

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan


Posts : 1789
Join date : 2012-11-17
Age : 53
Location : Kent

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Amazing pics guys! Some great work there, I haven't built any model kits for years - I used to love building and painting Airfix kits.

Great uploads and thread!! cheers cheers cheers

_________________
WHO WATCHES THE VOLGANS...

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Volgan10
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri


Posts : 3410
Join date : 2013-02-21
Age : 66
Location : Mishawaka, Indiana United States

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 2:36 am

Great work Jack and Clive!!!

I'm an old model builder from way back. I tended to do more military aircraft than other kits, but I haven't built any for a long time. Did build a new one a few years ago -- 1/48th scale Revell/Monogram B-17G. Never thought to take any pics and now it's covered in dust and missing many of the gun barrels and props.

Have built a few interesting kits, a die-cast HO scale model locomotive, but the coolest kit was a strip-wood model canoe made of Bass wood, 1/12th scale just half too small.

Got into O-Guage model railroading (1:48th) when my son was young. I bought several of the Tamya 1:48  military vehicle kits, but they're still sitting on my shelf unbuilt. Now that my son has gone off to school I was planning to clean up his railroad layout, but just another project I never seem to have time for. I did buy a big bag of unpainted figures 1/48th, for passenger cars and the like. Don't think I ever painted the first one, yours look great Clive!

Good thread guys!

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers


Last edited by gibri on Thu May 04, 2017 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 3:02 am

Beatlefan wrote:
Amazing pics guys! Some great work there, I haven't built any model kits for years - I used to love building and painting Airfix kits.

Great uploads and thread!! cheers cheers cheers


bounce Thanks Beatlefan! I'm Glad You Like'em! cheers

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 3:16 am

gibri wrote:
Great work Jack and Clive!!!

I'm an old model builder from way back. I tended to do more military aircraft than other kits, but I haven't built any for a long time. Did build a new one a few years ago -- 1/48th scale Revell/Monogram B-17G. Never thought to take any pics and now it's covered in dust and missing many of the gun barrels and props.

Have built a few interesting kits, a die-cast HO scale model locomotive, but the coolest kit was a strip-wood model canoe made of Bass wood, 1/12th scale just half too small.

Got into O-Guage model railroading (1:48th) when my son was young. I bought several of the Tamya 1:48  military vehicle kits, but they're still sitting on my shelf unbuilt. Now that my son has gone off to school I was planning to clean up his railroad layout, but just another project I never seem to have time for. I did buy a big bag of unpainted figures 1/48th, for passenger cars and the like. Don't think I ever painted the first one, yours look great Clive!

Good thread guys!

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers

bounce Thanks Brian! Your Old-School like Myself, i'm sure you remember Back In The Day when building Model Kits was All The "Rage", Aurora, Monogram, Revel to mention a few. The Cool thing is, now that we have the Internet, you can find Many Great Reproductions and you can Build Them AGAIN! I don't know about anybody else, but I must say my kits turn out Alot Better Now than they did when I was like 11 or 12 Years Old!Laughing Being a child of the 70's, I have Alot of Fond Memories of a Simpler Time. afro lol!

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
Moderator
inntruderr61


Posts : 7932
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 60
Location : Pennsylvania USA

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 3:42 am

Wow great job Rage! cheers They all look fantastic! Very Happy
Nice planes Clivves! Very Happy

I just watched the creature on youtube the other night... cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB60SpTZldU&t=1243s

_________________
JIM...  
Back to top Go down
Rage
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Rage


Posts : 333
Join date : 2017-03-13
Age : 57
Location : Estill Springs, TN U.S.A.

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 8:55 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Wow great job Rage! cheers They all look fantastic!  Very Happy
Nice planes Clivves! Very Happy

I just watched the creature on youtube the other night... cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB60SpTZldU&t=1243s

Thanks Jim! I've Alway's Loved the Universal Studios Monsters! I've got the Complete Collection on DVD! bounce

_________________
AT "One For All And All For One" AT
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers


Posts : 4226
Join date : 2013-02-08
Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitimeThu May 04, 2017 11:47 am

I forgot to pop in the photo of the Jap plane I made (Hasigawa 1:72 scale kit) now inserted above Smile

Bri, sounds great, I know what it's like when the kits are piling up on the shelf unbuilt lol! I think I've got about 130 kits unbuilt, one is half built and been in storage for about 10 years.

Gotta love model railways too, I've seen some of yours and they look fab Cool


_________________
clivvers - saviour of the huMAM race @ MAMageddon 2009 - 2099 @ clivvers MAM Nation:

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 51_png10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 153_pn10 One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 115_pn10
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 131b_p10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 138_pn10One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 014_pn10

One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content





One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!   One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
One Of My Other Hobbies, MODEL KITS!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: