ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Lads - BAMComix.

Go down 
+24
BrandontheFigureFreak
Kimono Troop Command
Captian action
Reddragon
Jet-
Chip
gibri
Beatlefan
Glidah Drivah
blackbrazen
Rogue-Trooper
Dreadnought
Gunner Munro
Rustygun
Professor Gangrene Fan
TheOneManKid
FIELD STATION 42
inntruderr61
Action Man
ghost recon
TasMan
ActionYankee
clivvers
somekindajoe
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 1:05 pm

Chip wrote:
Jake looks very relaxed in his new bod , and seems to of slimmed him down some .

He does indeed! I am very happy with the result, but yeah, he needs an M32 to broaden his shoulders a bit bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 3:07 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
I use citadel paints from Games workshop, they do a great flesh colour, maybe that would help? you could always lighten it white some white? A friend of mine suggested once to use bone white for the eyes so they are not so striking. I must admit, I never tried that technique, so I cannot say whether it worked? One tip he did give me was to paint the head upside down and I know that works a treat! Another good painting tip is while holding the brush, extend your small finger to touch your third finger you are holding the head in. This will and does make your hand much steadier cheers cheers cheers . I used a small amount of glue to hold the sides of the hat in place. Hope it helps cheers

Thanks Dal. But I have the tremor problem with my left hand, which would be the one I paint with (I'm left handed) so maybe if I used the small
finger to make it steady? My first attempt will be doing the hair on a vintage Joe I picked up. I don't think that will be a problem. My main concern
are the tiny details, like the eyes. I also have a Bruce Willis head molded in white that I was planning on doing a Joe Colton figure from the Joe movie.

Can you tell me the name of the color for flesh tones from Citadel? I will need that for both heads. Is the white color called bone white? I also need
to get it along with some red to repaint the scar.

Ah man, too many projects and too little time. In the last month or so I was able to get four vintage Joe bodies. Each need a little, or a bit of work.
And I already had some figure projects to do. I think I'm biting off more than I can chew. lol!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 3:53 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
I think I'm biting off more than I can chew.

Most of us do that, I think! Razz  More than we can chew, and more than we can afford! Sad[/quote]

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 6:14 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
TNshooter wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
I think I'm biting off more than I can chew.

Most of us do that, I think! Razz  More than we can chew, and more than we can afford! Sad
lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2021 6:17 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
I use citadel paints from Games workshop, they do a great flesh colour, maybe that would help? you could always lighten it white some white? A friend of mine suggested once to use bone white for the eyes so they are not so striking. I must admit, I never tried that technique, so I cannot say whether it worked? One tip he did give me was to paint the head upside down and I know that works a treat! Another good painting tip is while holding the brush, extend your small finger to touch your third finger you are holding the head in. This will and does make your hand much steadier cheers cheers cheers . I used a small amount of glue to hold the sides of the hat in place. Hope it helps cheers

Thanks Dal. But I have the tremor problem with my left hand, which would be the one I paint with (I'm left handed) so maybe if I used the small
finger to make it steady? My first attempt will be doing the hair on a vintage Joe I picked up. I don't think that will be a problem. My main concern
are the tiny details, like the eyes. I also have a Bruce Willis head molded in white that I was planning on doing a Joe Colton figure from the Joe movie.

Can you tell me the name of the color for flesh tones from Citadel? I will need that for both heads. Is the white color called bone white? I also need
to get it along with some red to repaint the scar.

Ah man, too many projects and too little time. In the last month or so I was able to get four vintage Joe bodies. Each need a little, or a bit of work.
And I already had some figure projects to do. I think I'm biting off more than I can chew. lol!

Daryl

The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 7da6bc4cebd2f3e2026071cc733738f9
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 11:50 am

I got a chart for Action Man hair colors from a member at The Trenches, which has the new color names.

I'm wondering if I should use Cadian Fleshtone or Kislev Flesh for a Joe face? I've heard the color out of
the bottle is darker than it is once it dries. Although that is with a different brand. Liquitex seems to be
the brand mostly used here.

But I can get Citadel paints at Amazon.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 12:16 pm

TNshooter wrote:
I got a chart for Action Man hair colors from a member at The Trenches, which has the new color names.

I'm wondering if I should use Cadian Fleshtone or Kislev Flesh for a Joe face? I've heard the color out of
the bottle is darker than it is once it dries. Although that is with a different brand. Liquitex seems to be
the brand mostly used here.

But I can get Citadel paints at Amazon.

I usually use Cadian, but I usually add a little white to lighten it hope it helps?

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 1:34 pm

Thanks Dal!

I've never used acrylic paint, it will be interesting to see if I'm successful or not.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2021 2:16 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Thanks Dal!

I've never used acrylic paint, it will be interesting to see if I'm successful or not.

It's great to use, remember to have a small pot of water to dip he brush first, then into the paint, will help to water it down a bit. It does give really nice results cheers
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 6:54 am

Thanks Dal,

But what is the best way to mix colors? It's my understanding that red and white is mixed to
make the color for the scar on the cheek.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2021 7:47 am

TNshooter wrote:
Thanks Dal,

But what is the best way to mix colors? It's my understanding that red and white is mixed to
make the color for the scar on the cheek.

For mixing colours I usually use a small tub and dad blobs of paint into it then mix it together to get the colour I want. As for the scar colour, I think your on the right lines but it is an ongoing experiment until you get the right colour? I have never repainted the scar, so I'm afraid, I don't know?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 3:01 pm

Been going through some old pictures and came across this one.

The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 50918006458_520351c0e6_cOn Patrol by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 3:04 pm

That sure is a classic oldie from you Dal. It’s really good to see this picture being shared once again.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 3:20 pm

Impressive ‘Nam type scene! Very nicely posed. I can almost feel the heat and humidity of that jungle setting.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 5:14 pm

Very nicely taken , I agree with Dave gives off it`s own atmosphere .

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:47 am

Thanks guys for all the great comments on my old pic! really means a lot! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 5:25 pm

Wow Dal, I missed that Nam pic, that is an excellent one in deed. When did you originally take it?

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 6:12 pm

BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:
Wow Dal, I missed that Nam pic, that is an excellent one in deed. When did you originally take it?

Cheers Brandon, I think I took that about three or fours years back now?
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 6:18 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:

Cheers Brandon, I think I took that about three or fours years back now?

Cool Dal, that is great bounce

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 11:28 am

Okay, so as a few folks who know who pop into chat, Commander Rivers has recently been upgraded onto a TBL M33 body. There were a couple of reasons for this, 1) His old custom body was becoming extremely loose, and 2) having him on a TBL, makes his articulation so much better for comics.
Fear not, vintage fans, Jake has a mint EE Talker body which lives inside his Talking commander AM box Very Happy . Here are a few black and white pics of Jake on his new body.

The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 51075766192_009d33751f_cJake B/W 01 (5) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 51006482910_8f81244660_cJake B/W 01 (4) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 51074970643_125c7c7d8c_cJake B/W 01 (3) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 51075768632_57f95ace9b_cJake B/W 01 (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 51006485595_e8979cd333_cJake B/W 01 (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 1:09 pm

These pics look great in monochrome! Dramatic and impressive!

Good to know that Jake can be "restored" to original condition if ever there is a need to do so. This looks like a a great way to enjoy your figs in the "modern era" while preserving the potential value as a collectable vintage piece.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 2:52 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
These pics look great in monochrome! Dramatic and impressive!

Good to know that Jake can be "restored" to original condition if ever there is a need to do so. This looks like a a great way to enjoy your figs in the "modern era" while preserving the potential value as a collectable vintage piece.

Thanks Dave! the new body is so much better for movement. Yeah, he has his vintage body if ever the occasion arises fr him to need it. Though In truth I doubt he will Laughing .
It was great fun to be able to upgrade Jake and give him the body, I think he deserved bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 4:55 pm

Jakes looking good !

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 7:49 pm

All those hours in the gym have really paid off.

Nice!!!

cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 9:33 pm

While I'm really happy to hear this..

Blondeactionman wrote:

Fear not, vintage fans, Jake has a mint EE Talker body which lives inside his Talking commander AM box Very Happy .

I have to say Jake looks amazing! Look out Hollywood, the next great action hero is on his way!

...and if we all start upgrading our favourite Vam with these bodies we all know who to blame! lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lads - BAMComix.   The Lads - BAMComix. - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lads - BAMComix.
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next