ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ

Go down 
+12
Jet-
gibri
ghost recon
clivvers
Rustygun
TheOneManKid
inntruderr61
Reddragon
BAMComix
Beatlefan
Rogue-Trooper
somekindajoe
16 posters
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Empty
PostSubject: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 9:03 pm

Even though the guys live in a des res purpose built penthouse, it's still in reality just a suburban loft. Hardly the place to run a counter espionage, anti-terrorist, secret service operation from, so Cliff has made a few phone calls, pulled a few strings, cashed in a few favours, and secured the use of 'Hobbs End' a disused station on the Central line of the London underground system.

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5459

Being long abandoned, half forgotten and 30 meters below the streets of London makes it an ideal and secure secret HQ. If you do an internet search of 'Hobbs End' you'll find it's had a few issues in the past with hostile aliens and malevolent demons but nothing the SKJ crew of vintage 'action men' can't handle!

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5430
'we've needed a place like this for ages. I mean, Batman has his batcave, the Ninja Turtles have thier sewer, Superman has his fortress of Solitude. the Fantastic four have....'

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5434
'OK OK No need to labour the point!!'

The station has been closed since building work on an extension to the Circle line was halted in 1967 due to a series of unexplained accidents to the construction workers. There has never been a offical explanation for this but when you have a security clearance as high as Cliff's you have access to top secret files that strangely blame 'Aliens' for it all. If the aliens are still in residence now, 50 years later, he'll let Joe and Hank deal with them!

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5453

The experience Cliff gained during his time in the Royal Corps of Signals has been invaluable as the new HQ has been kitten out with the latest communication and surveillance equipment. Patched into numerous spy satalites in orbit, Cliff can, at his tactical table in Hobbs End, keep and eye on the bad guys and supervise operations against them all over the world.

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5450

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5446

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5470
'Joe, we've 'made it'...desk jobs at last!'

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5440
'Don't worry, there'll be plenty of opportunity for you two to get back in the field. I know how much you'd miss rolling around in the mud dodging bullets!'

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5473

I started building this dio in 2014 although it's the result of probably only 5 or 6 sunday afternoons of build time. Like all hobby projects it's sat forgotten for months on end several times. Abandoned projects are fine when they are completing a vintage uniform of similar but this thing is 4ft x 3ft! During it's 3 year build time it's lived in the hall, then my son's bedroom and finally it's now permanent home of the shed!

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5444

url=https://postimg.org/image/69irhdfbf/]Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5452[/url]

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5458

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5463

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ DSCF5474

I've been calling it a dio but it's really just a soap opera grade film set. The type we all remember from cheap TV shows where the cardboard walls shake when an actor shuts a door etc! Scissors and a printer were the main tools used in it's construction. I've made it as a background to take pics for future comics.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Sparklebudgie likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Wow !! Very nice.

Blimey..how have you got room for that in your shed ?

Chris
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Amazing work Steve! Looks the nuts now you've put all the bits in place. cheers cheers

I'm lucky enough to have seen this in the flesh so to speak, it's an amazing piece of work.

You forgot to mention it's also been to Southampton and back!!

And watch out for the Yetis!!!

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Volgan10
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 11:12 pm

A true masterpiece of craftsmanship Steve! I was lucky enough to see development photos of 'Hobbs End', and I was impressed then!, but to see it finally finished was well worth the wait! The boys are very lucky to have such a HQ! Thanks for sharing Steve! Top drawer mate bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 1:09 am

That is brilliant SKJ, the idea itself is very clever and it's construction fantastic.  Very well done it's a class build , great upload
cheers cheers cheers

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 4:06 am

Amazing! cheers

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Hobb's End is an awesome HQ Steve... love the mix of 60s nostalgia and modern technology! The background story is great too! Tom K is waiting for his official invitation to the subterranean hideout! He is especially keen because he noticed that you have tea on offer... Razz

Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 7:41 pm

Wow.. this is amazing ..well done , a lot of work has gone into that..
Great job ,
Where do you keep it ?
Have you got an aircraft hanger in your garden..
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 9:04 pm

As soon as I saw the station name I knew it was a Quatermass And The Pit, your diorama is blimming brilliant!!!! Cool Cool Cool Cool

The 1967 film is really creepy.

ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 11:18 pm

This is brilliantly done steve, fantastic work.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 4:07 am

Fantastic job Steve!!!

Each time i look at it I see more details. Finally an HQ worthy of Cliff Sabre!

The matching computer stations are a nice touch. This will make the perfect backdrop for some new comics!

Brilliant!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 7:12 pm

This is very well done Steve, what a great project.
I love all little details,like the posters, must have used a lot ink cartridges in the making lol!
Back to top Go down
SlackElastic
Medic
SlackElastic

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2017 1:36 pm

amazing stuff...epic!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 3:24 am

Hang on....hang on!
Did the aliens ever show up? I was expecting them to burst through that circular door any minute! alien alien alien
Have I missed a "later instalment" ???
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 6:15 am

Okay... last week I was all über-squee fangirling over pics of the 3-D version of the 2-D vinyl GI Joe headquarters playset, and saying that I wanted to build something just like it.

But now... holy wow! Slightly less "toy-like," but as you say, still low-budget TV cheesy... with an amazing mid-1960s vibe!

My new standard of AWESOME!!!

Three years in the making... okay, so I don't need to feel too badly about taking a long time to finish anything. Although even after weeks and months of effort, my projects tend to look... like the cardboard boxes they're made from.

But then, you say that it's really the result of only a few weekends of work, spread out over those three years.

Those curved walls! That giant steel door! The iron grates over the entry tunnels! The pipes and screens and stairs and railings! And the levels, adding visual interest, and creating a space that has the potential to look much larger and more elaborate than it is through selective camera angles.

But perhaps my favorite detail: Mind the Gap!

lol! lol! lol!

This is superb. Simply superb.

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 8:15 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

But perhaps my favorite detail: Mind the Gap!

lol!  lol!  lol!

This is superb. Simply superb.

Thanks Dave!

The alien has made an appearance or two, mostly when people visit.

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t9139-tom-k-visits-hobbs-end

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t9732p200-mam-america-uk-tour-random-pictures-new-traveling-mam-pics-from-skj?highlight=Scotty+SKJ

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 7:24 pm

Very clever concept, beautiful build, and of course I get the "Five Million Years to Earth" reference. Where is professor Quatermass hiding?
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 3:10 pm

I can only echo the above , outstanding dio .

PostSubject: Re: Hobb's End. The new secret HQ   Hobb's End. The new secret HQ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hobb's End. The new secret HQ
Page 1 of 1