ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zulu's Warhammer Terrain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zulu1
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
zulu1

Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Empty
PostSubject: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi all

My nephew has gone bang mental for "The Hobbit" Warhammer gear ( the price of that stuff!!!!) and is painting up his Goblin army. Anyhow, Uncle Zulu has promised to make him some terrain for his Goblin Town, so I thought I'd post it here. Scaled up, this would be a great way to make backdrops for 1:6 troops - rocks, beaches etc.

I am away from my shed and all my tools and materials, so had to do with what I found at hand. Started with some off-cuts of insulation. Really easy to cut and work with.

Zulu's Warhammer Terrain IMG_2330_zpsce5402fd

Stuck this down using expanding contact glue ( Gorilla Glue) to scrap hardboard

Zulu's Warhammer Terrain IMG_2333_zpsee4a4b12

Worked it into shape with a stanley, a butter knife and some riffler files. Do this over an empty cardboard box - it gets everywhere

Zulu's Warhammer Terrain IMG_2335_zps27e7588a

Painted all with PVA craft glue, then stuck on toilet paper like papier-mache and worked all over it with PVA mixed with black acrylic. Started making bridge and platform supports out of dead twigs from the back yard, stuck with superglue and covered in PVA . Leave this overnight

Zulu's Warhammer Terrain IMG_2340_zps774942ca

Gave it a wash of burnt sienna acrylic diluted about 2:1. The idea is to give it the colour coat but let the black show through. Let this dry too

Zulu's Warhammer Terrain IMG_2343_zpsbbd586f8

More washes, this time based on white and yellow ochre and burnt sienna. Its starting to look a bit more rock like. I could have just dry brushed it after the sienna coat, but I want to make it look like calciferous rock with dribbles of goblin poo and blood, so the washes run down and give the effect.

Zulu's Warhammer Terrain IMG_2345_zps1ba6b106

Lousy photos, I shall try and take some in the daylight, but you can see how this would make a great backdrop for VAM/MAM
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:15 pm

fantastic mate, many years ago I was a huge war hammer gamer, I have made loads of the stuff. I still like looking at back drops for the battle scenes ! excellent mate cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Sabotage
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Very very clever Tony. Great tip & great step by step guide.
Back to top Go down
zulu1
zulu1

PostSubject: Re: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Thanks both! Its coming on now, the "goblin poo" river is being painted!

Zulu's Warhammer Terrain IMG_2361_zps2d46c095
Zulu's Warhammer Terrain IMG_2364_zps37607db2
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Sabotage
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Tony , that is very cleverly crafted my friend................Your hands & eyes are blessed to be able to create such things. I'll quite happily watch you & your threads. I like my fingers & thumbs too much !
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Awesome! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rossini
ASTRONAUGHT
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:29 pm

Standing ovation that man!! Im gonna have to go through some skips looking for insulation off cuts now! Lol!! this is fantastic and i cant wait to show my mate from work tomorow as he is very much into warhammer and we were speaking about diorama settings in HIS scale and how great they could look! I should have known how the later pics would look when I started reading thread! After all we have all seen the camel made out of the same stuff!! Keep up the great work and I hope uncle Zulus model bodes well with the nephew.. It should!!
Back to top Go down
zulu1
zulu1

PostSubject: Re: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Thanks all, and Ross, I have been talking to Slack about how to scale these up for VAM..... should be fun!
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Top Job Tony cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 3:17 pm

Brilliant Tony I'd love to do a vam sized one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zulu's Warhammer Terrain   Zulu's Warhammer Terrain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zulu's Warhammer Terrain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Dioramas & Models :: 1/6 Scale Dioramas & Models-
Jump to: