ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tips for Removing MAM High-Top Boots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Tips for Removing MAM High-Top Boots Empty
PostSubject: Tips for Removing MAM High-Top Boots   Tips for Removing MAM High-Top Boots Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 12:54 pm

If like me, some of your older action figure rubber/vinyl boots are hard to put on or take off your figures feet, then follow this easy tip, it's mainly for early MAM high top boots but can also be of use with any other type of boots:

Heat up the offending boots with a hair dryer until they are softer and more pliable, tip plenty of talcum powder inside each boot and also apply talc to the figure's feet, it will make it easier to get the boots on or off again... I use a folded piece of paper to act as a makeshift funnel to get the talcum power channeled into each boot, once inside the boots pinch the high top boot together and tap the boot on a hard surface, this should spread the talcum powder evenly inside each boot, any excess talc can be wiped off the boots with a damp cloth when your figure has been dressed. Some boots over time go a little bit hard, and heat softens them again, talcum powder prevents the boots from sticking to the figure's feet. The Hasbro talcum powder tip dates back to the original G.I.Joe rubber boot days of 1964!

Good luck MAMsters.

Tips for Removing MAM High-Top Boots
Page 1 of 1