ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Green Berets

Go down 
+6
Joe90
Sparkys6887
inntruderr61
somekindajoe
Danthecoat
ghost recon
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:31 am

Here are my green berets,one with original medal the other with repro soon to be replaced with original medal

Green Berets 20130201_111610_zpsb24b36d1
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:45 am

Stunning Gb's mate & one on a sour faced Joe too...........Lucky bugger !! They look perfect as a pair. Great upload.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Great examples and nice for people to see the difference between the two medals Smile (Take note Dammo) Smile

I have mine on a sour face too though all my SOTW are on painted head Foreign faced dudes well except the Brit that just wouldnt be cricket would it Smile
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Always good to see pics of quality VAM GBs! Did I ever mention it was my 1st uni as a k...OK I'll shut up!

What's the Origins of the 2 silver stars Dan? I always thought there was only the one, the Palitoy version as GI Joe didn't come with one.

Also have to agree about the sour face. Americans but all the SOTW sets on sours but it just doesn't seem right on the Brit. Looks good on the GB as you don't usally see them!
Back to top Go down

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 6:46 pm

I think youre right Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 6:57 pm

Wow those look great ! Green Beret ready for action... cheers
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Always good to see pics of quality VAM GBs! Did I ever mention it was my 1st uni as a k...OK I'll shut up!

What's the Origins of the 2 silver stars Dan? I always thought there was only the one, the Palitoy version as GI Joe didn't come with one.

Also have to agree about the sour face. Americans but all the SOTW sets on sours but it just doesn't seem right on the Brit. Looks good on the GB as you don't usally see them!

The sour faced figures look great on the following

Ginger green beret
Brown hair australian jungle
Black perfect frenchie
Blonde has to be german

No way im having a ginger brit loooool Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:40 am

Great figures and a brilliant upload. See what you mean about origional and 40th Silver stars. Well done on having two origional silver stars, I'm green with envy!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:59 am

Nice GBs. Cool to see a sour face, never seen one before. Thanks for sharing. cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 4:58 pm

The Green Beret was one of the most popular GI Joe sets in North America. There were numerous variations: the Kelly Green Airborne uniform, camouflage fatigues in the Sears exclusive, and even Army fatigues. The Green Beret even came packaged with the Action Soldier of the World figure. They look great in the GB uniform.

The "Sourpuss" or NoScar was introduced here the same year as the Green Beret and the same year that VAM stormed the UK. My second GI Joe Christmas brought me a group of them. To me their face is iconic as the Scarface. Although the Scarface did come as some early Action SOTW sets all mine -- and my Tommies -- are the NoScar figure.

I absolutely agree that the gingers look the best in the GB uniform!

Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 6:53 pm

somekindajoe wrote:

They did a repro silver star years before the 40th came out and thats the one on the left figure Smile

Your right Silver stars didnt come with the gi joes but Doug would be the best to ask about that one Smile
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Danthecoat wrote:

They did a repro silver star years before the 40th came out and thats the one on the left figure
Cotswold Collectibles produced that one. Prior to that anybody who wanted a Silver Star for their GI Joe Green Beret had to buy it from the UK.

Speaking of which...

Back in the early 1990's I used to buy VAM from a guy in Lancashire, named Sean Green. I asked this over at "Vintage" site and nobody knew him. I guess that was a little before they became highbrow collectors.

Anybody here know of him?
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:36 pm

Wasnt he greensking on the uamhq site ??????
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Great pic there, love the GB outfit. I had never seen one in the flesh before the 40th came out!

Got two of them but wish I had picked up more. Is it difficult to put vintage GB outfits together?
Back to top Go down

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:21 am

Not that difficult as there always seems to be bits for sale on ebay
Back to top Go down

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:58 pm

You cannot say that this foreign face brit does not look great alongside the traditional action man ?.

Green Berets 20130203_154653_zps18f64d39
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 8:02 pm

No I have to agree old Sourpuss looks good as a Tommy!
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 5:48 am

Yeah your right lads he looks great :-)
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 6:18 am

I'd go with that , especially as I just so happen to be seeking one out ! He looks great .
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:10 am

Great looking GB's Vince, and brits too - i've never thought about adding a sourpuss to my collection and i'm still not sure... Yours look great though.

Thanks on the pointers on the star Dan Wink Razz
Back to top Go down
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Love the look of the foreign PH , they look great along side one another !
Very nice figures you have there and good photos too !
Back to top Go down

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:58 am

Just showing a comparison between the foreign face g.i joe and Action man in the same uniforms

Green Berets 20130206_114640_zps790d9ed2
Green Berets 20130206_112643_zpsbf434f87
Green Berets 20130206_113948_zpsc6b8a5d4
Green Berets 20130206_114404_zpse9106079
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks for sharing, i don't think i'm sold on the sourpuss joes... They look even sadder than ol' PH Joe, and a little bit more grumpy as well Laughing

Yours look great, i love the russians they look great
Back to top Go down

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Know what you mean,they do look miserable Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:48 pm

great set of pics esp the russians

can understand the ruskie foreign head looking sour - so would you with the sharp end of an order of lenin in your cranium lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Green Berets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Green Berets   Green Berets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Berets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next