ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Novembers Interview - sparkys6887

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Empty
PostSubject: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Thanks Mark for doing Novembers Interview for us,

Name ? -
Mark

Online name ?
sparkys6887

Location ?
Sunny Brighton. Well actually it’s raining hard!!!

First vam/gi joe/mam 0r 1/6 figure ?
Half a dozen PH’s from my brother-in-law. They frustrated the hell me cos they couldn’t hold anything!!! Soon got my dad to replace the hands with grippers. Pretty quickly got loads more Action Men, Fuzzy heads, Hybrids and BP’s. My dad was a scout leader and I always had first pickings of the stuff that came into jumble sales. Had some new stuff too, like my Talking Commander, Tom Stone and Snow CAT.

Favourite figure now ?
Got to be my childhood Tom Stone. My sister still had all my old childhood stuff including the Boxed TC until a coupe of years ago when she sold it all without asking me!!!! Not that I’m still bitter lol. Luckily my Tom Stone and Motorbike escaped and were at my Dad’s.

Most desired item ?
Easy answer, apart from Vaughan’s Battle of Waterloo customs. If I say please will you give them to me? Lol I really want a complete boxed Snow CAT, just love the box artwork and very happy childhood memories of mine.

What will you do with your collection as you get older ?
Pretty easy again. Jemma, my four-year-old loves VAM so she’ll get some as will my stepchildren who also have an interest. My twelve-year-old stepson bought me in a 1985 Action Man annual a few months ago, was very sweet.

Do you set yourself a budget?
Could say no, can’t afford to spend anything at the moment, but actually I think it’s important to find money from somewhere or I get very grumpy so usually spend £40.00 a month.

Worst vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 figure ?

This is difficult for me to answer. Never thought I’d have an Intruder in my cabinet, though technically it’s Jemma’s. Not keen on the space rangers, don’t think I’d spend money on ROM either, but if by chance I ended up with them I’d probably end up loving them. I’m a bit of a sentimental old fool. Lol

Views on 40th reproductions ?

I do have some 40th DAK bits and Jemma is soon to inherit a couple of 40th dressed figures. Just a shame the clothing and accessories aren’t able to be more readily distinguished from VAM.

Worst item of the vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 range ?

Difficult to say, will probably go with The Gargon.

Best thing about collecting vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 ?

Finishing a figure. Finding out something you own is rare and the friendships I’ve made since collecting. Oh, and seeing Jemma play with Action Men the way they were intended to be played with.

Do you think your collection will be collectible in the future ?

I expect so. I used to restore old British motorbikes and there is definitely new market for those. I don’t have anything boxed or carded so I doubt it will be worth much.

If you did not collect vam/gi joe/mam or 1/6 what would you collect ?

Vintage, boxed 1/32nd Airfix soldiers. I just love the boxes

Wht do you like ammo ?

Come on Dal, you don’t have to ask me that. The support I’ve had over the last couple of months has been astounding and I’m looking forward to meeting some of you at Dan and Vaughan’s Action Man day

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

wow sparky what a great interview, we do share a lot in common mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lumarshall
New Recruit
lumarshall

PostSubject: Re: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 5:47 am

Great interview Mark really enjoyed reading it.
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:28 am

Thanks guys. I enjoyed doing it. Bought back some lively memories and reminded me what VAM is all about!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:18 am

Great interview Mark Smile

Glad we met too it was great to finally put a face to a name Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Nice interview mate. So I take it you don't ride anymore? I don't, I'm not allowed another bike, I get in too much trouble. lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Lol No Ray. Sold my race bike in 2000 and haven't had a bike since. Really miss it though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

PostSubject: Re: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Once its in the blood mate its hard to let go. I miss it too. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks for the read Mark, good to read about you - shame we couldn't meet in person but there's always next year Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novembers Interview - sparkys6887   Novembers Interview - sparkys6887 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Novembers Interview - sparkys6887
Page 1 of 1