ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sears - Green Beret Outpost

Go down 
+4
somekindajoe
BAMComix
inntruderr61
action-johnny
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

Sears - Green Beret Outpost Empty
PostSubject: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Firstly, apologies as I mistakenly posted this in the 'Return Of G.I Joe' section...doh! I think this is the place for it.
I'm putting together the Sears (a store?) exclusive Green Beret Outpost set. All I need is the box but have hopefully got one coming...

LOTS OF PICS BELOW...
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Great looking set! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:58 am

Nice! I've been working on that myself for a while!

Rick
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:44 am

That is great Rick, how far have you got? Do you have the box?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:42 am

very nice Johnny, a great looking set cheers
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:13 am

Thanks Dal. Almost complete, just need the box. Might have a go at making one myself, I might have plenty of time on my hands soon. I've been suspended from work! Sad
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:28 am

Suspended from work...what have you done (if I can ask..but feel free to not tell me)!

ps if you're making a box make me one too! Wink
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:39 am

I work for the local Council, grounds maintenance, parks & gardens. I have a truck and am in charge of 2 guys. We are all asigned to a certain area of the town and are not allowed to go out of these areas unless needed.
Basically, during that snowy period in January I picked up some stuff from a house my brother has been working on, few doors, sink, kitchen units. The house is situated outside my area of work Embarassed
Unbeknown to me another team was being investigated for skiving and the manager decided to print off all the tracking system details for the trucks, you guessed it, mine is now being investigated!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 am

Thats a real shame john, just doing a good turn and you get into trouble !!
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:54 am

Nice work on the sears guys Johnny, bad show on tracking systems Mad

Hope it all works out mate, if you need any help (if i can be any) on the box let me know i've got photoshop and getting to be a dabhand at it, so if you've got artwork and images i can normally bash stuff together.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 11:57 am

Ouch!..Only found out because they were checking on someone else. What's the likely out come ,a disaplinary? Hope it all works out OK for you and in the mean time keep busy with the VAM and comics.
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Thanks guys.
Sgt Elias, I'll get back to you regarding the artwork etc soon ok.
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:07 pm

action-johnny wrote:
Thanks guys.
Sgt Elias, I'll get back to you regarding the artwork etc soon ok.

No worries Johnny, keep me posted mate Wink
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 pm

I moved the GB Joe's picture to another folder on photobucket and they have disappeared off here so I'll post them again....
Sears - Green Beret Outpost Gijoegberet_zps27ad635a
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:43 pm

So, while I'm here I may as well post some artwork for sgt elias to look at, suffice to say I'm not sure he can use it as it's not 100% as clear as I'd like but it's all I have at the minute...
Sears - Green Beret Outpost GIjoe-outpost_zpsa0fd1aba
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:45 pm

This is what the sides of the box should look like...
Sears - Green Beret Outpost 2796146219_33dd114eda_z_zps163b618c
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 pm

The hardest part might be actually getting a cardboard box with a lid!!
Here's the contents...
Sears - Green Beret Outpost GIJMIB5978Small_zps6dab9b68
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 pm

For an added bonus, here's a proto type of the artwork.....
Sears - Green Beret Outpost Gijoeoutpostdemo_zps7acd486e
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:50 pm

A truly great set once complete....
Sears - Green Beret Outpost GIJoeVintageGreenBeretMGOutpostSetwBox_zps9a2bc8e7
Sears - Green Beret Outpost Gijoegreenberetcamos_zps8ff10c0f
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:13 pm

A-J, if you want a repro box you should talk to our new member David aka Sweeties toys. I have a feeling he can hook you up with a nice repro box.

I'm not a box collector, but I have bought some box artwork off of him for framing. David is a graphic designer and has cleaned up some scans of vintage box art. In the past he has also sourced out some accurate box sizes.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:15 pm

A truly stunning set John, well done my friend cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:42 pm

A truly fantastic set !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Beautiful set!

Rick
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Well joe90, Steve (somekindajoe) on here has tried several times with Dave but to no avail but we haven't given up hope. I think Dave is a very busy guy. If you're listening Dave.....'pretty please' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
action-johnny
Painted Head
action-johnny

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Crude attempt #1
Bored today, so I went up in the loft and found an old empty square cardboard box, no detachable lid as I'd like but a sort of 'Pizza' style fold over. The problem is, home printers can only really do a max of A4 paper. The local 'Pound Shop' do some sticker paper which is fantastic quality, A4 size.
Printed off a nice sheet A4 sticky paper and stuck it over the box....not ideal fit but that's A4 only for you!
Sears - Green Beret Outpost Sears1_zpsc0e6d71b
Sears - Green Beret Outpost Sears2_zps14c53323

Crude attemp #2 coming soon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sears - Green Beret Outpost   Sears - Green Beret Outpost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sears - Green Beret Outpost
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next