ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dreadnought's Collection

Go down 
+10
inntruderr61
BAMComix
Rogue-Trooper
Dreadnought
gibri
somekindajoe
Professor Gangrene Fan
Beatlefan
Gunner Munro
blackbrazen
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2020 7:28 pm

LeStryge wrote:
All components sourced locally?  lol!

And all organic!

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2020 4:24 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
All components sourced locally?  lol!

And all organic!

Naturally !! We DIG DEEP to bring you only the very finest quality.... What a Face affraid Very Happy

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2020 5:20 pm

[quote="Dreadnought"]Hi guys how's all? Been quite a few weeks since my last post on my thread. Been in hospital for spinal surgery. Went well thank goodness !!! Nearly back to full power. Very Happy

The enforced time off work left me some unexpected time for all things Action Man. cheers cheers

Sold off some old but desirable Liverpool shirts I no longer bothered with.

With the money I finally capitulated and got the lads a Cherilea German Motorcycle and Sidecar to play with.

I was  reading some old posts on your thread....and came across this quote.. about  old Liverpool shirts ..?
What Liverpool shirts..?    As a Liverpool supporter and match worn shirt collector ..I’m intrigued....please elaborate.. lol!

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2020 1:11 pm

Rustygun wrote:

With the money I finally capitulated and got the lads a Cherilea German Motorcycle and Sidecar to play with.

I was  reading some old posts on your thread....and came across this quote.. about  old Liverpool shirts ..?
What Liverpool shirts..?    As a Liverpool supporter and match worn shirt collector ..I’m intrigued....please elaborate.. lol!

Oh they weren't anything hugely special Dean.
They were about 15 or 16 replica jobs that I'd bought / collected over the years. Few nice little bits like socks and shorts also that had become hard to find so were desirable to collectors of specific replica kits in that regard.
Some of them had become pretty rare to find in decent condition so they made me a nice few bob.
I still have one pristine 2005 Champion's League replica shirt.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2020 3:49 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
Rustygun wrote:

Oh they weren't anything hugely special Dean.
They were about 15 or 16 replica jobs that I'd bought / collected over the years. Few nice little bits like socks and shorts also that had become hard to find so were desirable to collectors of specific replica kits in that regard.
Some of them had become pretty rare to find in decent condition so they made me a nice few bob.
I still have one pristine 2005 Champion's League replica shirt.

Oh ok , nice that you got a few quid for them , and you’ve kept the best one.... I only asked as I have quite a few match worn shirts 25 or so , mainly Liverpool , that I invested in a few years ago....

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2020 3:56 pm

Rustygun wrote:

Oh OK  , nice that you got a few quid for them , and you’ve kept the best one....    I only asked as I have quite a few match worn  shirts 25 or so , mainly Liverpool , that I invested in a few years ago....

Well I would imagine you are sitting on a possible goldmine there if you ever decide to offload any of them.

I kept my 2005 shirt as it reminds me of that epic win. Very Happy

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2020 5:50 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
Rustygun wrote:

Oh OK  , nice that you got a few quid for them , and you’ve kept the best one....    I only asked as I have quite a few match worn  shirts 25 or so , mainly Liverpool , that I invested in a few years ago....

Well I would imagine you are sitting on a possible goldmine there if you ever decide to offload any of them.

I kept my 2005 shirt as it reminds me of that epic win.  Very Happy

I’ve no intention of selling them ,but nice to know their , there for a rainy day..

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2020 4:37 pm

Used the rather natty sailor hat from my recently re-bodied T-rex  action man to kit out my 40th Joe sailor a little better. All he had was those cloth jobs that came with some of the figures - I am not a fan..

Here his with the cloth one in some older pics...

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20180216-123948

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20180216-124432

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20180216-134610

The damn thing wouldn't sit on his head.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20180216-134615

The hat from the Art +Science set is a perfect replacement..

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20201029-154154

Much better !!

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20201029-154208

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20201029-154131

Also gave him some spare kit from the 50th skier which I had duplicates of which lend themselves very well to a Navy Dress Parade look for him.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20201029-154256

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20201029-154123

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2020 5:09 pm

Very nice...he looks good

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2020 5:10 pm

He looks fantastic Kev! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2020 6:03 pm

All "ship shape and Bristol fashion" for sure!  cheers
Does he have one of those wonderful pea-coats too?
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 3:27 pm

LeStryge wrote:
All "ship shape and Bristol fashion" for sure!  cheers
Does he have one of those wonderful pea-coats too?

Thank you kindly chaps. Very Happy

He dosen't have one at the minute Barry, but it's certainly on the 'gets' list.
I've seen 'em online at Cotswold -very nice!!!!

Kev.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 3:30 pm

Sharp sailor! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2020 5:22 pm

Dreadnought wrote:

He doesn't have one at the minute Barry, but it's certainly on the 'gets' list.
I've seen 'em online at Cotswold -very nice!!!!
I can thoroughly recommend those. Somehow I can't stop buying 'em myself!  lol!
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2022 7:51 pm

Been playing about recently with some of the elements of my collection that I don't much care for.

One was certainly the newer T-Rex armed sailor someone got me for Christmas a couple of years ago when they came out from ART & SCIENCE  - remember those guys ?

Top photo is just a web stock one for reference as I tore my figure up almost the week I got it.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 R

The only decent thing is that rather lovely classic head-sculpt, unfortunately on a Sindy bod.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20200328_124833

As you can see from earlier in this thread, having decapitated him and chucked the rest of the body  I'd tried him on a Chad Valley bod, but I just never liked the look so broke it up.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20201030-002703

I came across the head recently whilst going through my spares.

Had a Cotswold body from my last Wolf Pack HQ consignment going a begging so did a bit of surgery and kit bashing.

Here's the result:

Head fits the neck post very nicely after a little work

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20210708-231001

Had this very nice repro Thompson from Wolf Pack also so decided to build around that.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20210708-230938

Hybrid Aussie it is...

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20210708-230809

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20210708-230803

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20210708-230819

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20210708-230928

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20210708-230917

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20210708-230754

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20210708-230731

Kev.

Last edited by Dreadnought on Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2022 12:51 pm

Something un - Action Figure related but worth a mention.
My clever wife, whose classy sewing skills I have hired for repairs to my collection many a time, ( a good bottle of wine and dinner is the usual currency) has like so many of us, been extremely upset by the war in Ukraine.

She is from Transylvania, Romania herself right next door to Ukraine and grew up under a Communist regime, so this grieves her to see it all happen all over yet again.
Here in Ireland alone, 3 million euros were raised for the Red Cross over the course of Friday and Saturday - we all gave.

My other half decided to show her own little gesture of solidarity by making these lapel ribbons.

I'll be wearing mine proudly.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20220306-161950

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20220306-162014

Kev.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2022 1:28 pm

cheers cheers cheers
Great shots Dreadnought! cheers

Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2022 8:11 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
cheers cheers cheers
Great shots Dreadnought! cheers

Thanks Jim Very Happy I hope life is treating you well.

Kev.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2022 8:26 pm

Dreadnought wrote:
The resistance those Ukrainians have mounted in defence of their country is truly admirable.
Certainly given old Vladimir cause for a re-think. 
Trouble is if things start to look really bad for him, he does have access to those buttons.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2022 8:23 am

Great stuff Kev,

Its really difficult to know what to do .. you feel so helpless. Wendy and I have donated to the Red Cross.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2022 8:43 am

LeStryge wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:

The resistance those Ukrainians have mounted in defence of their country is truly admirable.
Certainly given old Vladimir cause for a re-think. 
Trouble is if things start to look really bad for him, he does have access to those buttons.... affraid

Yes, very very worrying Barry. pale

It could easily escalate to a worldwide catastrophe.

Putin is a poor student of his own history.
During bloody and bitterly fought campaigns in 1941-42 and later in 1942-43, his own countrymen fought like dogs to beat off the might of the Nazi war machine as it tried to take Moscow and Stalingrad respectively.
The Soviets beat them out on both occasions. Stalingrad saw at least 2 million casualties.
The lesson being that a people fighting for their survival and freedom will do it to the death.
Sadly too, our history repeats itself over and over.
The stain of war is woven into the fabric of humanity.
It has always been with us and it seems grimly, from current times, it always will be with us in some form.

Kev.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2022 10:45 pm

I have never ceased to be amazed at the prescience of that old saying that those who refuse to learn from history are condemned to repeat it!
Time and time again it has proven to be so.
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2022 9:02 am

LeStryge wrote:
I have never ceased to be amazed at the prescience of that old saying that those who refuse to learn from history are condemned to repeat it!
Time and time again it has proven to be so.

So true. Its almost like each generation has to repeat mistakes to learn again..its a strange part of the human condition.. fingers crossed some current youngsters are logging this for future ref and those in the thick of it, who will eventually have to get around a table and talk, have the wisdom to figure it out...

in the short term ,sadly, its going to get worse before it gets better. to quote Sting " Lets hope the Russians love their children too"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2022 8:48 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
 fingers crossed some current youngsters are logging this for future ref 
Not a bloody hope I'm afraid. Millennials already know everything!

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Avww9T
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2022 3:41 pm

I had a spare 50th Ski Patrol box and paperwork lying around so stuck my vintage Ski Patrol AM in with some of the 50th bits of kit I had lying around.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20220314-172009

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20220314-172039

Looks pretty good I think. Very Happy  It's a nice way of storing him anyway.

No snow this year sadly, but here's a couple of shots of this chappie doing his thing from a couple of years ago.

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20180228_083321

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20180228_083410

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20180228-072516

Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 20180228_083336

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreadnought's Collection    Dreadnought's Collection  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreadnought's Collection
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next