ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAM HQ's Bad Guys!

Go down 
+5
Beatlefan
somekindajoe
Rogue-Trooper
FIELD STATION 42
Dreadnought
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 7:56 am

inntruderr61 wrote:

A** kicking agent! cheers cheers cheers

Thanks Jim Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 7:57 am

somekindajoe wrote:
BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 48860195902_04985f360a_cTick Tock & No Face

I'm really not sure what I take from this picture. Either the Ammo Arms is going a bit more up market with it's clientele or bad guys are really dressing well nowdays! lol!

Its all down to Dr X Steve, he has told his troops to smarten up! still no dress code in the arms lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 7:58 am

LeStryge wrote:
somekindajoe wrote:
I'm really not sure what I take from this picture. Either the Ammo Arms is going a bit more up market with it's clientele or bad guys are really dressing well nowdays! lol!
Perhaps the Arms has instigated a dress code to ensure its status as being a classy joint?
"NO RIFF-RAFF"? Laughing Laughing Laughing

If we kicked all the riff raff out, the arms would have no customers! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 10:39 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
LeStryge wrote:
somekindajoe wrote:
Perhaps the Arms has instigated a dress code to ensure its status as being a classy joint?
"NO RIFF-RAFF"? Laughing Laughing Laughing

If we kicked all the riff raff out, the arms would have no customers! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Good one! lol! lol! lol!

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
If we kicked all the riff raff out, the arms would have no customers!
Well I wasn't aware the place was quite THAT déclassé, however if notorious villains of the like of No-Face and all his cronies have all suddenly started to seriously up-grade their appearance, maybe they are trying to improve their chances with some of those ladies the place seems to attract?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 8:35 am

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Out of them two pictures you’v taken I peffer the last picture.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 1:48 pm

Sharp photos Dal! I also really like that second one.. cheers cheers cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Cheers guys bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Yet again I am looking at the wrong thing. Is that the classic "crumpled brown paper bag" backdrop technique you've used to create the effective and believable rocks?

That's some collar on the jacket! Synthetic fur, I'm sure; no animals were harmed during this assassination attempt. Razz

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 6:02 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Yet again I am looking at the wrong thing. Is that the classic "crumpled brown paper bag" backdrop technique you've used to create the effective and believable rocks?

That's some collar on the jacket! Synthetic fur, I'm sure; no animals were harmed during this assassination attempt. Razz

lol! lol! lol! It is indeed Dave, and it just gets crumpled up when I am finished and popped back into storag tub, the older it gets, the better it works bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 10:22 pm

As mentioned before I REALLY like that figure Dal, .....and the way you photograph him too! cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 8:11 am

LeStryge wrote:
As mentioned before I REALLY like that figure Dal, .....and the way you photograph him too! cheers

Thanks Barry! he is from the Gangsters Kingdom range of figures. They are extremely well made. bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 4:21 pm

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 5:28 pm

That sweater jacket jumper whatever he's wearing is marvelously detailed! Is that a stock uniform piece for this figure?

Love the background. The backgrounds to your photos are always intriguing!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 6:31 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
That sweater jacket jumper whatever he's wearing is marvelously detailed! Is that a stock uniform piece for this figure?

Love the background. The backgrounds to your photos are always intriguing!

Its all part of what he comes with Dave, he is a gangsters kingdom spade 5 figure by dam toys. Really pleased you liked the pic cheers I might get around to finishing that dio at some point! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 6:56 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
I might get around to finishing that dio at some point! lol! lol!

I suspect this is the type of multi-purpose diorama that will eternally be a work in progress. But that's fine, because it increases the versatility.

And all your figures look so good in the variation of this setting!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 6:59 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
I might get around to finishing that dio at some point! lol! lol!

I suspect this is the type of multi-purpose diorama that will eternally be a work in progress. But that's fine, because it increases the versatility.

And all your figures look so good in the variation of this setting!

Very kind indeed Dave Very Happy, thanks so much cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 9:44 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Thanks Barry! he is from the Gangsters Kingdom range of figures. They are extremely well made. bounce bounce
Wow! Just took a look at their range over on AliExpress.
While they certainly ain't cheap, they do come in a wide selection of what used to be known in the movie business as "heavies". You wouldn't want to meet any of 'em in a dark alley!
Even just going on the photos you can see the quality and finish is excellent.

Damn you Dal!
Now I think I'll have to shell out for one too,.....but WHICH one! lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 10:11 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
Wow! Just took a look at their range over on AliExpress.
While they certainly ain't cheap, they do come in a wide selection of what used to be known in the movie business as "heavies". You wouldn't want to meet any of 'em in a dark alley!
Even just going on the photos you can see the quality and finish is excellent.

Damn you Dal!
Now I think I'll have to shell out for one too,.....but WHICH one! lol!

Cheers Barry, here is a link to the range of gangsters that you can get, (It takes a while to load)

http://www.damtoys.com/product/ORIGINAL_STORIES/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Cheers Barry, here is a link to the range of gangsters that you can get, (It takes a while to load)
Appreciate the link!

Hmmm, it does seem that extreme facial grimacing is de rigueur!
Early times yet, but I am leaning towards the bloke called Heart A. Billy.
I like the possibilities of him not being just OTT mug-ugly.
Certainly nasty and full of menace but able to pass just as a no-nonsense stony-faced Clint Eastwood type of guy if required in a different photo situation.
Spiffy dresser too. The detail and quality of the clothing and accessories looks amazing even in the photos.

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 1:54 am

It is an interesting range of figures. Very high quality uniforms and gear and a really unique quality to the head sculpts. Where most of the high-end figures now are going for extreme realism with the head sculpures, these have a different quality I can't quite find the right word for. Cartoonish isn't quite right, maybe graphic.        

I was interested to see a female figure, but instead of a copper, I think I'd like to see a nice gun moll or femme fatale.    

Thanks for the link to the site, Dal.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 11:02 pm

gibri wrote:
It is an interesting range of figures. Very high quality uniforms and gear and a really unique quality to the head sculpts. Where most of the high-end figures now are going for extreme realism with the head sculpures, these have a different quality I can't quite find the right word for. Cartoonish isn't quite right, maybe graphic.        

I was interested to see a female figure, but instead of a copper, I think I'd like to see a nice gun moll or femme fatale.    
cheers cheers cheers

You've voiced my thoughts there Gibri. These do have an extra something it's hard to discern.
Excellent looking figure Dal. Like your inventive photos with him too ! Very Happy

Kev.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2019 3:34 am

gibri wrote:
It is an interesting range of figures. Very high quality uniforms and gear and a really unique quality to the head sculpts. Where most of the high-end figures now are going for extreme realism with the head sculptures, these have a different quality I can't quite find the right word for. Cartoonish isn't quite right, maybe graphic.  
I think it harks back to the old movie idea where villains were all expected to be ugly and the heroes handsome.
Men who were disfigured or physically attractive could make good money hiring themselves to movie makers to be cast as "heavies".

Oddly enough this convention NEVER seemed to apply to women. You just don't see ugly women in movies, ....even the nasty ones were and are now without exception "gorgeous".
I notice even the one lone female in the Gangsters Kingdom range is also conventionally beautiful. No snarl, jowls, lines or other facial disfigurements that all the other men in the same range have. Thus the males are so very heavily stylised as brutes, even beyond any realism, but the woman remains well within the realms of attractiveness.

The odd thing to consider might be that ugly male figures will sell and sell well, but ugly females would not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAM HQ's Bad Guys!    BAM HQ's Bad Guys!  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAM HQ's Bad Guys!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next