ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Empty
PostSubject: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 2:07 am

Have decided I really, REALLY must have one of these so my troops can go on amphibious missions! Seats FOUR!
(Apologies if these are anyone's photos, ....they're not mine of course.)

What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle YcHjfv

Question: So what actually  is it, so I know what to type into the search? Some sort of army duck maybe? Who made it?

What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle HkIEZP

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 4:07 am

My Internet is being super-wonky tonight – one of the many joys of rural living and a low-speed connection – initially I was not seeing the images, but they're showing up now.

21st Century Ultimate Soldier Amphibious:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/21st-Century-Ultimate-Soldier-1-6-Scale-Amphibious-Deluxe-Jeep-Berlin-Express/183815084551

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Soldier-1-6-Scale-Amphibious-Deluxe-Jeep-Berlin-Express-4-12-Soldiers/392093178747

(I searched for "1/6 amphibious" and these were two of the top four results.)

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 4:55 am

Yes that's it! Thanks!
However the first one has an OK price but doesn't ship Internationally, and the second is WAY expensive (it includes four figures) with another $80 in shipping.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

And I too live in a rural setting and for some years suffered slow internet connections. About a year ago we got a radio connection tower and now things are much better, ....except when school's out and every damn kid is playing Fortnite! Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 5:10 am

I did not check prices on Ebay.com.au or other web sites like Amazon. But at least you know what to be on the lookout for.

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 5:19 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I did not check prices on Ebay.com.au or other web sites like Amazon. But at least you know what to be on the lookout for.
Yes Dave, ...it was VERY much appreciated!
I did have my heart set on buying a jeep, but the water appeal of this vehicle suggested more possibilities for me!
I certainly know now what to look for.
Might at least try to see if I can persuade the seller to send Int.

P.S. Well that was no good! The seller doesn't even take messages!
Back to the search!
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 9:28 pm

hi guys this is a 21st century schwimmwagen from WW2(German military vehicle ) the premise of this one is that it was captured by the U.S. Military Sprayed Allied green and an allied star applied used in the push towards Paris, the set included rubber flowers and French and American flags a bottle or two of vino and the usual accoutrement of the vehicle ,ie spade and oar etc
these also came in the standard German field grey and desert cammo of the Afrika corp
great stuff from 21st century

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenWhat do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 11:48 pm

Thanks for the further info Captian action! I've found a couple on eBay but one is just too damned expensive, and the other, whilst more affordable, has a seller that won't ship overseas.
Fear not! The search will continue!

Don't you really enjoy the way we can understand German even if we don't speak it?
My own efforts in that language being restricted just to swearing fluently, (courtesy of once having a German Uni mate) but "schwimmwagen" is such a beautifully descriptive term and so readily understood.
Same for "unterseeboot".
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 11:50 pm

Ooh, they made it in the German paint scheme too? Thanks for that info, Captain_Action!

Okay...current eBay listing for a German version, I assume this is the "desert camo" version - $60 USD plus $116 for shipping within the US! No thanks!:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/21st-Century-1999-German-Schimmwagen-Toy-Jeep-12-Action-Figures/133135860894

Very clean American paint version, rather pricey at $200, but only $20 shipping:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/21st-CENTURY-TOYS-WW-2-GERMAN-SCHWIMMWAGEN-AMPHIBIOUS-CAR-SCALE-1-6/312559107635

American paint version, "only" $130 with free shipping. Looks like it could be missing some pieces:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-21ST-CENTURY-SCHWIMMWAGEN-JEEP-VEHICLE-WW2-DRAGON-BBI-DID/153227205957

Good pics of a German paint version – $70 plus $55 shipping in the US:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/21ST-CENTURY-TOY-1999-GERMAN-DRAGON-SCHIMMWAGEN-LAND-WATER-RECON-VEHICLE-JEEP/401438733224

Another American version, incomplete, but only $70 and $25 shipping:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/21st-Century-Ultimate-Soldier-1-6-Scale-Amphibious-Deluxe-Jeep-Berlin-Express/183815084551

Gray German version... very cool! Missing some pieces, but only $65 plus $12 shipping:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/21st-CENTURY-GERMAN-SCHWIMMWAGEN-JEEP-WW2-1-6-scale-GI-used-damaged/264358237151

There's also a German "Kubelwagen" that's pretty cool, and fairly uncommon. Here's an expensive one ($242 + $62), but it includes two figures and appears to be complete:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/21st-Century-Toys-German-Kubelwagen-with-2-Soldiers/312424706936

Here's the Kubelwagen all minty-mint in box. Sweeeeet!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-21st-Century-Ultimate-Soldier-WWII-German-Kubelwagen-Light-Transport-Vehicle/273778511287

But then I found... the M3 Scout Car! This thing is even cooler than the Kubelwagen and the Schwimkubelwagen:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/21st-Century-Ultimate-Soldier-M3-White-Scout-Car/123716744914

But you will have to pay a lot of cool cash for all that military vehicle coolness. Like pushing $400 price plus shipping.

Here's another M3; at least with this one you get a couple of figures for the money:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/21st-century-toys-Gi-Joe-WWII-M3-scout-and-12-Figures-with-accessories/233195968841

And then... and then... there's the M8 Scout Car:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-21ST-CENTURY-US-3RD-ARMORED-DIV-M-8-GREYHOUND-SCOUT-CAR-WW2-TANK-DRAGON-BBI/222313152184

As for the Willys Jeep, prices for examples in complete condition seem to run between $200 and $300 for price plus shipping within the US.

I'm sorry, though, LeSTryge; none of this really helps you down there in the southern hemisphere!

EDIT TO ADD:  Wait! What's this? A "Villains Assualt Vehicle"?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-Villains-Assault-Vehicle-Armored-Truck-Van-Rare-21st-Century-GI-joe/383079240554

Okay, that's pretty cool! Not as detailed or accessorized as the Jeeps and amphibious vehicles, and probably not true, full 1:6 scale, but pretty cool... and almost affordable at $60 USD combined price plus shipping. Tell me I don't need this! (Auction closes in an hour, so the price could go higher.)

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 12:06 am

Thanks for posting all those Dave, most of which I have already under scrutiny. I tend to search US eBay as well as the local.
Unfortunately so many sellers don't/won't ship Int. or the amount shown to do so runs at over $100 US, which really ups the ante when added to the price.
I blame that GSP that must be raking in gazillions!
Your eBay will only show you the shipping within the USA.
(Our own dollar here currently going through a deep low against the Greenback, and in serious danger of becoming the Pacific Peso!)
Pretty sure there will be one in Asia, or maybe local, ...even in the UK where Int. shipping to Oz is SO much more of a reasonable proposition.

PS good luck with that auction! As of this moment it's still going quite cheaply!
Bid bid in the last ten seconds!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 1:03 am

LeStryge wrote:
Our own dollar here currently going through a deep low against the Greenback, and in serious danger of becoming the Pacific Peso!

During my first Australia trip the American dollar was very strong relative to the Australian dollar, so the trip was very affordable. On my second trip, I was all like "what da what?" because prices had more than doubled! Thirty-five bucks a night... in US dollars... for an ocean-view, ocean-front room overlooking the Coral Sea, oh, that was living in high style!

That Villain Van surged to $60 in the last few seconds, making the final price with shipping right at $100 USD. I did not participate in the bidding. I have way overspent on toys these past several weeks!

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 1:28 am

I did watch it go down to the wire, and my bidding finger was just itching to participate, but again, NO Int. shipping on offer.
I think it went for an OK price, (in USA) as I've not seen one before, and it looked to be in perfect condition too.
So many vehicles on offer now are missing bits and pieces.

Dave I can remember the golden times (for us) when we were getting $1.30 US for one Aussie dollar!
And shipping was cheap....pre that exorbitant GSP!
Oh and just let me warn you that should you be considering gracing our shores here again any time soon, you will look back upon your thirty five buck ocean-front room as having been something of a bargain!

Looks as if I'll have to bite the bullet and shell out big bucks if I REALLY want that "schwimmwagen " ....gotta love that word!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 5:40 am

Well, since you asked...and the shipping is high either way, you may look for the much more highly detailed and higher quality version of the Schwimmer from Dragon Models

Pay no attention to than behemoth of German armor in the background.
What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle DSCF0018-1%2520%283%29

What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Indiana%2520Joe-001

What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Indiana%2520Joe-002

What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Indiana%2520Joe-003

What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle DSCF0009-2%2520%282%29

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 7:44 am

Arright, now I want that hat!

As for the Dragon Schwimmwagen, it might not cost any more than the 21st Century version:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-1-6-Schwimmwagen-Type-166-Kit-75013-Preowned-MIB/352739258846

Of course, you'll need to assemble it yourself. Then you'll want to purchase a separate "detailing" kit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-1-6-Scale-12-WWII-German-Schwimmwagen-Upgrade-Set-1-71357/333287126617

Oh, and, in addition to the hat: what's the scoop on that 'behemoth of German armor'? Talk about coveting thy neighbor's stuff! Shocked

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 7:54 am

gibri wrote:
Well, since you asked...and the shipping is high either way, you may look for the much more highly detailed and higher quality version of the Schwimmer from Dragon Models

Well AFTER I'd try to pry my eyes away from the "behemoth", I have to say that while the Dragon Model is undoubtedly a very fine production, it's probably TOO GOOD for my purpose.

I intend to take any model I buy out into some VERY dirty situations for some action shots and I don't want to be worried about it getting damaged or losing bits in places where they become irretrievable. If I had that particular fine piece I think I'd be relegating it to inside set-ups only, or VERY carefully controlled outdoor work.
Not something I'd risk really. What if it sank unexpectedly?

Excellent comic work there!!!lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 10:14 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Arright, now I want that hat!

As for the Dragon Schwimmwagen, it might not cost any more than the 21st Century version:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-1-6-Schwimmwagen-Type-166-Kit-75013-Preowned-MIB/352739258846

Of course, you'll need to assemble it yourself. Then you'll want to purchase a separate "detailing" kit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragon-1-6-Scale-12-WWII-German-Schwimmwagen-Upgrade-Set-1-71357/333287126617

Oh, and, in addition to the hat: what's the scoop on that 'behemoth of German armor'? Talk about coveting thy neighbor's stuff! Shocked

Hey thanks Dave, I need that upgrade kit! I never managed to get the paddle and engine. I was going
to make a paddle out of bass wood, but never got around to it. I did get the upgrade kit that included mounts
for an MG34 machine gun mounted on the bar behind the front seats and the canvas cover for the windshield (which looks very cool).

They also made a pre-built version, so you wouldn't have to get the kit. Or you could do like I did with the SAS jeep -- buy the kit and keep all the parts in a
plastic tub never to see the light of day again...

I must confess to also having a 21C Schwimmer, but after I got the Dragon one, the 21C looked too toy like
and I gave it to my son...now that he's out of college, I got it back... Laughing

I can't remember where I got the pressed felt hat, but they're pretty cheap and should be easy to find.

The Tiger was a kit from Field of Armor. Took a good year to finish it. The original company went out, but another company bought the plans and
I think they are available again. They also have a facebook group. The kit starts at around $500 and
I've easily
doubled it with upgrades... Embarassed

I'll try to find a link.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 10:37 pm

LeStryge wrote:
gibri wrote:

Well AFTER I'd try to pry my eyes away from the "behemoth", I have to say that while the Dragon Model is undoubtedly a very fine production, it's probably TOO GOOD for my purpose.

I intend to take any model I buy out into some VERY dirty situations for some action shots and I don't want to be worried about it getting damaged or losing bits in places where they become irretrievable. If I had that particular fine piece I think I'd be relegating it to inside set-ups only, or VERY carefully controlled outdoor work.
Not something I'd risk really. What if it sank unexpectedly?

Excellent comic work there!!!lol! lol! lol!

Thanks Barry, hey, the dirt just helps with the weathering...

...but I know what you mean. Every time I move that Tiger parts just fall off. Plus it's heavy and awkward. It does break down into
3 pieces to move.

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle   What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do I look for? 21st Century Schwimmwagen Amphibious Vehicle
Page 1 of 1