ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Figure to do list.

Go down 
+2
Kimono Troop Command
Professor Gangrene Fan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Figure to do list.  Empty
PostSubject: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2020 12:43 am

Let’s see your figure to do list. Your figures to do list can include Dioramas that your wanting to do or works-in-progress, Kitbashes, random pictures and stories your wanting to do.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2020 1:35 am

1. Put Miyori's head sculpt on the new S23B body I ordered from China a week and a half ago and is currently sitting in a custom's warehouse in Vancouver...at the other end of the country.

2. Order new boots for Miyori when a suitable set appears on Monkey Depot.

3. Order an S29B body for Gogo, who's head sculpt has been sitting in a box since I created Glynnis Penny-Farthing over the summer. I need boots for her also.

4.  Obtain a body for two other head sculpts I have here, one Caucasian female and one Asian female.  Dress the Asian figure as a villain mastermind and the Caucasian as one of Erika's Stahltruppe.  I have all the clothing items except the boots for the Caucasian item and am waiting for something that looks right for the Asian figure to pop up on one of the sites I cruise.

5. Obtain a male seamless figure and dress as Major Alex van de Velde, Commander of Striker Blue Squadron. I have all the uniform and equipment items....just need the body and head sculpt.

6. Order another semale seamless figure & head sculpt and uniform for Princess Iskanka von Drumpfenstein character.  

Plus loads of other stuff.  Just the above will keep me busy for several months.

7. Finish Kimono Troop's Operations Room Diorama.  (lots of work there; need lots of stuff like radios etc)

8.  Build Kimono Station suntanning deck /  blockhouse roof with machine gun emplacement.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2020 5:07 am

"... Princess Iskanka von Drumpfenstein...."
Razz lol!      Razz

And can't wait for Number Eight!

There's also a topic for more general 1/6 hobby plans: https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t10716-2020-16-goals-what-are-your-2020-plans

My specific "figure" to-do list right now is... growing. I'll post it up here later.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 2:16 pm

Come on guys. Let’s see your Figure to do list. Don’t be ashamed on typing it up.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 3:17 pm

• Complete the kitchen diorama
  • Complete repairs on the "old" bar diorama
  • Complete the "new" tiki bar diorama
  • Complete the "new" laboratory diorama
  • Get rolling on several photo-stories that are in the works
  • Read or re-read some of the long photo-stories on the forum

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 10:27 pm

Nothing until I find a house..lol

Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 7:13 am

Currently working on converting my Hall of Fame figures to Classic Collection bodies.

Now that I've found a different camo faced AA figure, looking to make my Army Ranger
SAW Gunners (five of them) to a team of Green Beret squad.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 2:08 pm

I'm trying to get back into it, and currently trying to sew a few outfits :

Three outfits for a MAM in Black / X Files spoof
Two lumberjacks
A Santa outfit

Not sure if or when I'll get anything finished...

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 12:26 pm

On my figure to do list is to kitbash a Gangrene Arctic kitbash. For my stories I’m wanting to finish Chapter 2 of What happened to Ivan and the Toxic  Robots and get that uploaded onto here. Take pictures for and type up on a story called No Face kidnapping job. Create another story called Action Man taking down the Gangrene Council Street which will involve los of little chapters. For my dad to finish creating my display scene shelves.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 4:30 pm

MY DOLL & TOY HOBBY GOALS FOR 2021:

More than ever, I intend to settle on a few primary projects and try to maintain focus on those projects rather than allowing myself to be distracted by fleeting "that would be cool! No, wait, that would be even more cool" ideas... and expenditures.

Here are my 2021 goals (at the moment):

*Successfully complete another A Doll A Day photography project!*
With the outlook for 2021 looking even more bleak than at any point in 2020, I NEED this project to give me a reason to wake up each day. The coronavirus situation is looking bad, the political situation is looking worse, and really... well, I'll keep posting doll and action figure photos as a way to remain "distanced" from the outside world, while observing the chaos that is bound to ensue. I truly hope I am wrong, but I predict a dire year ahead for the United States and, as a result, for the rest of the world. All I will be able to do is laugh at all the idiots as they begin to realize what they have allowed to happen, as they cry, "we didn't think they'd do THAT!" If things go as badly as I ex-pect, there will be no ADAD 2022 from me.

SPECIFIC SUB-GOALS:

PHOTOGRAPHY:
1. Successfully complete the A Doll A Day photography project, posting online to the Dolly Market Forum and Flickr.
2. Transition back to a DSLR camera from a Point-n-Shoot camera.

DIORAMAS:
1. Build a "laboratory" diorama patterned after the one constructed by our late Flickr friend MiskatonicNick and the sets constructed by our new online friend The Reverend Spooky.

Here are a couple of Nick's Flickr photos I'm using as inspiration:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/6821953908/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/toyville/8334196626/

And here is some of The Rev's stuff:

http://www.reverendspooky.com/news/loft-work-in-progress-2
http://www.reverendspooky.com/the-haunting-of-brightwood-asylum-part-2.html

2. Complete required maintenance and finish up minor details on existing dioramas as needed for photo-shoots.
3. Construct a "Haunted Library" diorama (inspired by the 2020 PUDDLE the 13th theme).
4. The Pinky Street girls would really like to see their tiki hut rebuilt, and maybe their pub hangout, too.
5. Build a couple of 1/12 scale room boxes for the smaller figs.
6. Construct a steampunk airship gondola.

PHOTO-STORIES:
1. Revive and continue my Tales from the Dollie Dungeon photo-story.
2. Weave my stand-alone vignettes and GI Joe / Action Figure stories in to a single sprawling photo-story narrative.
3. Continue regular participation in the ongoing "group photo-story project" on the Action Man Mobile Ops forum.
4. There's an idea for a 1/12 scale figure story that will not leave me alone. Do something about it.

FORUMS:
1. Maintain an active presence at Dolly Market and complete the A Doll A Day 2021 Challenge.
2. Maintain an active presence at AMMO (Action Man Mobile Ops).
3. Maintain an occasionally active presence at the One Sixth Figures forum.
4. Visit and post at Figurvore at least once a month. I mean, if somebody is willing to keep the forum hosted, it's worth supporting.

ACQUISITIONS:
1. On-going recruitment of members for the Ameliæ Escadrille Ærodrome.
2. Maybe thin the herd a little bit.
3. STOP buying seamless figures, seamless heads, and seamless clothing!

OTHER:
1. Get some EXERCISE and LOSE some WEIGHT!
What does this have to do with toy photography? A lot, if you're doing outdoor photography at ground level, or travel photography, or if your little dolly friends like to climb around on old machines or ex-plore abandoned buildings. So yeah, this is kind of an important objective this year, because I have really let myself go ever since the You-Know-What started and even more since... stuff.

Okay, so...

WHAT ARE YOUR DOLL & TOY HOBBY GOALS FOR 2021?

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 6:03 pm

I started to do a list in reply to this but decided that the list would be so long that it would be ultimately self-defeating and therefore depressing. However there are certain generalizations I can make.

First I have a lot of clothing and props and a couple of head sculpts that are not on any bodies and a priority should be to get bodies for said head sculpts and try as much as possible to cloth and equip them entirely with the clothing and equipment I currently have or have on order and which has not yet arrived.

Second is that I need to get my Dinosaur Valley modular diorama completed, which is highly dependent on the lifting of the current Covid restrictions which allow only essential businesses to be open in my area.

Third, I need to install armament and a few mods on the Tonka off-roader I purchased on e-bay a couple of months back. I'm still waiting for the armament to arrive in the mail due to very slow mail deliveries. Also. I will need parts from a hobby store, (non essential businesses) which will not re-open before Feb 8.

Fourth, I need to build a generic bad-guy army cheaply, probably using mostly jointed figures/

Fifth, I need to build at least one male and one female main-villain characters who have slightly more faculties than Erika von Stroheim.

Sixth, I need to re-model Kamiko's office/ operations room with more permanent walls, more furniture, more telephones and other communications equipment plus a lot of other details.

Aside from that, continue photographing my own stories and working on the joint comic.

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 7:17 pm

I've just received word from Monkey Depot that the Dragon Jeep with .50 cal I pre-ordered a while back has just arrived. This simplifies and complicates things at the same time. It simplifies my list in that I know know what I will be doing over the next couple of months...building and painting this jeep.. and complicates things as I now have to pay the balance, get a new airbrush (the old one is finished) and get this thing built.

I'm debating if I should give it the US WWII paint job and apply WWII decals or whether should paint it in some desert camo scheme (it's going to be a Kimono Troop vehicle, after all) and apply Girls und Panzer school decals.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 11:44 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:

I'm debating if I should give it the US WWII paint job and apply WWII decals or whether should paint it in some desert camo scheme (it's going to be a Kimono Troop vehicle, after all) and apply Girls und Panzer school decals.

Outstanding birthday present for yourself! cheers

I'll stuff the ballot box for GIRLS UND PANZER!

Figure to do list.  51LbuHIZFRL._AC_

I know, I know, you're probably thinking more along the lines of this:

Figure to do list.  JrewU6Ir4cYZdTJjbD24cCIiVpnpG8VhhbXtY2yxZ8Dg6Hc2MBv-vC3dQG22Qg-uFVZkfSJfvPRNFdxKTYGujQMLOlw7OqHZHnIlSw6l5UEzwuupoIlSS7eLwCw1kbBiwNk

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 12:05 am

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 12:15 am

see decal sets...

Those pin-ups! Shocked ... Embarassed ... I love you

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 12:18 am

Yeah, the only thing is they kind of small for 1/6 scale, being only 2cm across.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 12:32 am

Yeah, the only thing is they kind of small for 1/6 scale, being only 2cm across.

2 cm, so about 3/4 of an inch, or only about 5 inches across in "scale" size.

I suppose you'd have to photocopy or scan them and print them out larger. And then they wouldn't be decals anymore, and would likely lose some resolution. Bummer.

I suppose one could try an image search online.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 5:13 pm

I'm not convinced that 2 CM is too small actually. These are meant to mimic nose art on WWII aircraft, all of which would be larger than a jeep and have more exposed surface area, so automatically we can assume the details can be smaller. Further, if we assume that the largest marking, the one that will go on the hood is the school's symbol, then this leaves only small areas where the pin-up art could co anyway, particularly in view of all the equipment that's strapped to the sides and back of a jeep. Also, Kamiko's girls went full "Girls und Panzer" they would probably mark their vehicles with individual team decals as well....Team Anglerfish, Team Hippo, Team Turtle, Team Rabbit etc.

All just thoughts.....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figure to do list.    Figure to do list.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figure to do list.
Page 1 of 1