ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hooch Build

Go down 
+4
TNshooter
RealSarahdactyl
FIELD STATION 42
Chip
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 11:35 pm

As there was some interest , here are some part build pics of my Hooch . Bit rough but you get the idea . All measurements were eyed and measured against figures . It looks like I glued and pinned the frame together with cocktail sticks , and then tied it off further with raffia . While ago now so can not remember every detail , but every reed on the sides and roof were individually glued on with wood glue . I would build it differently if I done it again . Hope it`s of use to some of you .

Hooch Build  Web-hooch-roof

Hooch Build  Web-hooch-roof-1

Hooch Build  Web-hooch-sides-2

Hooch Build  Web-hooch-sides-3

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2020 11:48 pm

Very useful, very helpful, thank you for posting!

I really like the framing you constructed using the bamboo sticks.

The figures are entertaining, as they observe the progress and supervise your efforts! I hope they were pleased with the final result!

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 2:34 am

This is so cool Chip!!!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 6:04 am

Wow! Each piece individually glued? That must have taken HOURS AND HOURS to build!

It must have been a labor of love to do, I don't think I would have the patience to do that!

No wonder it looks so real. That must have been a ton of work!

Thank you for posting the photos. It's no wonder it looks so real.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 8:02 am

Fantastic chip! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Wow the talent in this forum amazes me... Great job Chip! cheers

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 4:33 pm

Your all so kind , thank you . I hope it helps and more so inspires some of you to have ago , the materials for 1/6th dio`s are relatively cheap , just a case of getting the measurements right and putting the time in . Wink

Admin
gibri

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 12:33 am

Fantastic job!!!

Thanks for sharing it with us.

cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 1:45 am

Thanks for the clear photos Chip!
Sourcing that framing material here is a worry though. 
Yours looks amazingly uniform in diameter which would make the task easier. All the bamboo I've seen for sale here tapers, meaning I'd have to cut some out of the middle of each piece and junk the rest.
Might use hot clue rather than wood glue as it would set much faster.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 2:00 am

LeStryge wrote:

Sourcing that framing material here is a worry though. 
Yours looks amazingly uniform in diameter which would make the task easier. All the bamboo I've seen for sale here tapers, meaning I'd have to cut some out of the middle of each piece and junk the rest.

The bamboo framing looks like bamboo garden screening, or "reed fencing," to me:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Backyard-X-Scapes-6-ft-H-x-16-ft-L-Reed-Fencing-HDD-BIN-RF01/100661555

I used it for the railings and window framings for the 1:12 scale tiki hut I constructed several years ago:

Hooch Build  5721513369_cde0136970

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 3:30 am

We have that product here, but even it has more variance in diameter than the stuff Chip used.
Might investigate some bamboo place mats which could provide more uniform pieces.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 2:02 pm

You have to be very fussy about the Canes you use , some taper much more than others I had a fair amount of waist . As mentioned if / when I build more , I would do it differently , and Hot glue is the way to go I think . I have a good amount of stuff to build more , it`s just finding the space and motivation and the time of course .

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 5:07 pm

Chip wrote:
I have a good amount of stuff to build more , it`s just finding the space and motivation and the time of course .

Yes, projects like this definitely require a lot of space, and in my experience, they result in quite a mess. Little bits of bamboo and cane everywhere!

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 11:05 pm

It's not so much the mess during construction that concerns me, it's having the space to store the thing when it's finished!
1/6 is a very large scale and if your figures are actually going to be able to fit inside the structure, let alone have room in there, then the build is going to end up very large indeed.
This would be too labour-intensive to build for a temporary background and then just demolished.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 12:21 am

Demolished What a Face I totally agree , far to time consuming to bust up after a couple of photo shoots . My Grunts have been on Zippo bans since I made it . Very Happy

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 12:36 am

Chip wrote:
I totally agree , far to time consuming to bust up after a couple of photo shoots . My Grunts have been on Zippo bans since I made it.

The Zippo ban is a wise precaution:

Hooch Build  15240236881_c1e08a2b34_z

Professor Gangrene Fan

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 8:37 am

Your Hooch Build looks brilliant.

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 9:37 pm

I work in muuch the same way, not from any plans, just an idea which evolves as I progress. It is a lot of work, and I'm sure most do not appreciate the time an effort involved in even a small build. Your hooch looks very athentic, and I'm sure would look even more so in a diorama. Stellar work, and a big salute.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 11:32 pm

SixthShooter wrote:
I work in muuch the same way, not from any plans, just an idea which evolves as I progress. It is a lot of work, and I'm sure most do not appreciate the time an effort involved in even a small build. Your hooch looks very athentic, and I'm sure would look even more so in a diorama. Stellar work, and a big salute.

Thanks so much , I am looking forward to seeing your stuff . Wink

Hooch Build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hooch Build    Hooch Build  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hooch Build
Page 1 of 1