ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sherman build

Go down 
+4
Professor Gangrene Fan
Hawkeye
BAMComix
Rustygun
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 12:14 pm

I bought a scorpion tank off eBay for £8  , turret had come off , wheels missing etc,
I was going to use it for a burned out tank diorama.
Then I decided if you turn the turret round the back of the scorpion if looked a bit like the profile of a Sherman tank .so I decided to try and make one , it started out as a Sherman firefly but then kind of morphed between a ordinary Sherman and a firefly.
I had to cut down the angle of the scorpion back as toget more of an angle to the front of a Sherman, I was going to cut down the scorpion turret , but couldn’t use it and made one out of some wood and just used the gun part.
I painted and weathered it , and made a “near miss” scar on the turret.and gave it insignia of 27 armoured brigade in Normandy 44…
I know it’s not 100% accurate,and a it rough around the edges , but as always , I will do a couple of dioramas with it and then get rid.
So anyway here’s how I built it….

Sherman build  IMG-4448

Sherman build  IMG-4479

Sherman build  IMG-4482

Sherman build  IMG-4477

Sherman build  IMG-4481

Sherman build  IMG-4476

Sherman build  IMG-4475

Sherman build  IMG-4474

Sherman build  IMG-4472

Sherman build  IMG-4469

Sherman build  IMG-4462

Sherman build  IMG-4464

Sherman build  IMG-4449

Sherman build  IMG-4458

Sherman build  IMG-4456

Sherman build  IMG-4461

Sherman build  IMG-4460

BAMComix, Hawkeye and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 1:04 pm

Fantastic build Dean! It looks so cool with all the modifications you made! Thanks for sharing the pics bounce bounce bounce . Great to see you posting again cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 1:33 pm

Great job RG your Sherman looks brilliat Shocked Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Professor Gangrene Fan

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 1:37 pm

The Sherman looks Sherman-tastic.

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 2:22 pm

Great craftsmanship , I wouldn`t of known where to start .

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 3:23 pm

I think it looks great.  cheers  cheers

I only wish I could find such a vehicle here across the pond and I wish I had your skill to make it
look as good as you have with this project. The only tank that was available for Joe was the one
part of The Defenders line that was only on the shelves for one year, which makes them extremely
rare.

So it kills me to hear you will use if for a couple of dioramas and then "Get rid of it." Shocked
Especially with the work and skill that you have put into it.

FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 4:44 pm

That's an amazing rebuild, and the tank looks fantastic in the diorama setting! Shocked

Mountaineer
Rustygun

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 9:01 pm

Thanks for the comments guys

Mountaineer
Rustygun

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2023 6:56 am

TNshooter wrote:

I only wish I could find such a vehicle here across the pond and I wish I had your skill to make it
look as good as you have with this project. The only tank that was available for Joe was the one
part of The Defenders line that was only on the shelves for one year, which makes them extremely
rare.

So it kills me to hear you will use if for a couple of dioramas and then "Get rid of it." Shocked

Its a shame you can’t find a tank…maybe one will come up one day..
As for mine , my pleasure is in building things , I don’t have the room to keep everything .
It doesn’t bother me to  get rid of it .
Also all is not as it seems…it’s not a fully moving and swivelling turret model .just good enough for some photos…. the tracks are fixed and  the turret is just plonked on the top , and I didn’t have enough tracks to complete the other side , the original tracks weren’t long enough as I had made the body a bit longer to look more like a Sherman,  so I had to extend the other track with a graft from the  first one  , so the other side is short , so I cut it in two and just put a bit of track on the front and back, so it would look like there were two full tracks if I photographed it from the front or back……”..Movie magic “  lol!
But if anyone wants it after I’ve finished with it they’re welcome….  ..

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2023 12:49 pm

I would keep the wheels and tracks when / if you get rid of it , they are sure to come in handy for you one day .

Mountaineer
Rustygun

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 11:28 am

Chip wrote:
I would keep the wheels and tracks when / if you get rid of it , they are sure to come in handy for you one day .

Yes…will do I’m sure there come in handy….GOT a couple of dios to photograph first…

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 12:25 pm

That looks amazing! Without a muzzle brake it looks like a 76mm armed late war Sherman, like Oddballs tank in “Kelly’s Heroes.”

Sherman build  IMG-9421
Sherman build  IMG-9420

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2023 12:30 pm

TNshooter wrote:

rare.

DML made a 1/6 Sherman in as a whole set and model kits several years ago. There are also very expensive metal kits.

The DML kit allowed you to build either a standard gun tank or the 105mm howitzer version.

Sherman build  IMG-9422

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 9:27 am

Those dragon tanks are nice…….DONT REALLY SEE THEM FOR SALE…

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2023 9:18 pm

Rustygun wrote:
Those dragon tanks are nice…….DONT REALLY SEE THEM FOR SALE…

I remember my local hobby shop had several of the original completed kit versions years ago. Odd smell to the plastic. The boxes were the same size as one a washer or dryer would come in!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sherman build  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sherman build    Sherman build  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sherman build
Page 1 of 1