ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials

Go down 
+3
Chip
Kimono Troop Command
TNshooter
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Empty
PostSubject: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 1:31 pm

Living in the East Tennessee valley, I have the Cumberland Plateau to the west and The Great Smoky Mountains
to the east. Storms usually come from the west, and the plateau usually breaks them up, so we get very little snow
here. So when we got snow on Christmas, it was a rarity, I can't remember the last time we had a white Christmas.

I dug up my modern Adventure Team set, Search for the Yeti. I had opened the box at some point, but the figures
were still attached to the interior cardboard backing. I took them out and went outside for a quick photo shoot.

Afterwards, looking at the images, I thought of the old Adventure Team commercials from the 1970's, and got the
idea for a minicomic. I have yet to get Comic Life, so I put this together in photoshop. The intro text is scaled down
from the description on the back of the box.

Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Rescue10

If you have seen any of the old commercials, you will probably understand the format I'm trying to show.

I hope you get a kick out of it.

Daryl

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 2:07 pm

Great images, TNS!
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 2:10 pm

He is quite a realistic looking Yeti , I like the last photo best , it shows the danger your A.T Joe is in . Glad you managed to make the best of the snow . Wink

Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2020 6:09 am

Thank you Kimono Troop Command!

And thank you Chip! Yes, we get very little snow here and it doesn't last long.
One day it snows, and is very cold, the next day it's 60 degrees F and the snow melts.

There's a saying here in East TN, "If you don't like the weather, wait a half an hour."
And it's basically true. The weather here can turn in an instant. lol!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 8:20 pm

If you get more snow, will you continue it?
Otherwise I have to find a yeti doll to continue it at home!😅🤣
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2021 10:56 pm

Fun stuff! Reminiscent of the little comic books that used to be included with the Adventure Team sets!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2021 8:14 am

Great stuff! loved that! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2021 6:06 am

Well we get absolutely ZERO snow here, so no chance at all, however brief to use my Yeti in any realistic setting.
Well to tell the truth it's not actually a Yeti at all, but a Star Wars Wampa Monster acting as a stand in, but highly effective I must say!
Maybe I'll shoot it all in the fridge? Or buy heaps of salt?

Nice work there TNshooter!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 8:35 am

I apologize that I didn't see some of the later posts.

Thank you everyone! I'm glad you liked it.

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2021 10:50 am

I’v only just came across this mini comic of yours TNshooter. I agree with Chip, the Yeti is quite realistic looking. I really enjoyed reading this mini comic. Thanks for sharing with us. Hopefully we’ll see what happens next.

PostSubject: Re: Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials   Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern AT Search for the Yeti in style of the 1970's commercials
Page 1 of 1