ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hot Toys and Sideshow

Go down 
+5
TNshooter
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
JohnnyE4
RealSarahdactyl
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 9:33 am

More great looking figures Sarah bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 6:31 pm

Kimono Troop Command, yep! There was a point where all I wanted to collect were SideShow Buffy and Angel figures and The Dead zombies. It helped that I could get them for so cheap at the hobby shop.

Thanks Dal! I have some more stuff to dig out and photograph.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 10:34 pm

You certainly have a fascination with the macabre in your collection. 
It is enjoyable to see some figures that are not all "gorgeous". Great work! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 10:52 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

I always worry that bringing up politics might trigger someone. I mean, I try to see the comedy in it. But some folks are so touchy. Since coming back to the hobby I try to remain fairly apolitical. 
That said, when I get around to my comic, I want to touch on things are relevant in our society today, 
So many people nowadays seem absolutely determined to be "triggered" by anything and everything.
They decry everyone as "fascist", and yet true fascism is their stock in trade. No other opinions but theirs allowed?
Politics exist, it's happening and very, very relevant. 
Self-censoring just to appease the "woke outrage brigade" is playing right into their hands.
They want you to do exactly that.
We all model our situations as being "real", and sometimes they should reflect the real world. 
So we can show violence, murder and killings in our scenarios, (as we often do here) but mustn't show any far less violent politic content?
We did coronavirus lock-down shots, with humour too.
Thankfully I don't remember anyone taking offence at us making light of a political response to a "pandemic that was going to kill Grandma".
GO FOR IT SARAH! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:08 pm

LeStryge wrote:
You certainly have a fascination with the macabre in your collection. 
It is enjoyable to see some figures that are not all "gorgeous". Great work! cheers cheers cheers
I certainly do! Being raise with Resident Evil and Romero films will do that to you hahaha.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:18 pm

LeStryge wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:

I always worry that bringing up politics might trigger someone. I mean, I try to see the comedy in it. But some folks are so touchy. Since coming back to the hobby I try to remain fairly apolitical. 
That said, when I get around to my comic, I want to touch on things are relevant in our society today, 
So many people nowadays seem absolutely determined to be "triggered" by anything and everything.
They decry everyone as "fascist", and yet true fascism is their stock in trade. No other opinions but theirs allowed?
Politics exist, it's happening and very, very relevant. 
Self-censoring just to appease the "woke outrage brigade" is playing right into their hands.
They want you to do exactly that.
We all model our situations as being "real", and sometimes they should reflect the real world. 
So we can show violence, murder and killings in our scenarios, (as we often do here) but mustn't show any far less violent politic content?
We did coronavirus lock-down shots, with humour too.
Thankfully I don't remember anyone taking offence at us making light of a political response to a "pandemic that was going to kill Grandma".
GO FOR IT SARAH! cheers cheers cheers
[size=51]So I will say that I agree people are determined to be "triggered", but it is really true of both sides. [/size]

[size=51]I mean, sometimes the more left leaning, activists types do call anyone with a view different to theirs "fascist" which is laughable.[/size]

[size=51]By that same token, sometimes the more right leaning folks have a real issue with anything that challenges their traditional ideals.[/size]

[size=51]As a fencesitter in the truest sense. I can see, and understand both sides of the argument. On one hand I can understand that people don't want to feel like they have to adhere to some social standard of a bygone era. But also some people don't want to be showered with ideas that maybe challenge beliefs they have rooted in faith. Just as a pair of examples.[/size]

[size=51]So when I self sensor its not just to appease the "woke" side. But the more, conservative side. [/size]

[size=51]The reality is, real life means there will be racism, sexism, homophia, transpobia, xenophobia about religion and what not. But it also means that different races, cultures, LGBTQ people, they all exist.[/size]

[size=51]I guess when I think about this doll saga that I intend to do. I want it to reflect areas if real life. Characters will have drama, have certain views or beliefs some might have have non typical relationships, or if they're representing mini Me. No relationships haha.[/size]

Last edited by RealSarahdactyl on Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:23 pm

It's not so much about being "woke" or "conservative", it's allowing for the fact that views other than your own exist and are therefore perfectly valid.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:30 pm

LeStryge wrote:
It's not so much about being "woke" or "conservative", it's allowing for the fact that views other than your own exist and are therefore perfectly valid.
Yeah totally, but what I mean is, as someone who.really doesn't have an opinion on most things. Like I live my life in a "leave me alone and we will get along well" way.

I don't mind. I mean I have a brother who is vegan. I'm far from it. I'm fine with vegans until they tell me I'm bad for eating meat.

I just mean, live and let live. Because honestly, it was how tumultuous the world can be that drove back into this hobby. Onesixth is my escape.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:35 pm

I often wonder if myself if my Erika von Stroheim character might be misinterpreted by some as my being anti-German.  I'm not.  I'm not poking fun at Germans either, but poking fun at Nazis, the same way Mel Brooks does in most of his films and the same way that the TV series Hogan's Heroes, which I watched with my parents who'd grown up in Nazi Occupied Belgium, did as well.  They watched it, I suppose because during those times, the only resistance you could reasonably safely take against them was to laugh at them.  

I was fascinated to learn later on that Werner Klemperer who played Colonel Klink was half-Jewish; he was the son of conductor Otto Klemperer who fled the Nazis to come to America. John Banner, (Sgt Schultz) Leon Askin, (General Burkhalter) Howard Cain (Major Hochstetter) were all Jewish also,  As was Robert Clary, (Corporal LeBeau.)

It's like Mel Brooks says...."You don't get back at a dictator by yelling at him; that's what dictators do. You get back at him through ridicule."  That's as far as I allow politics to get into my work...

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:38 pm

LeStryge wrote:

Agreed, but is this the proper forum for expressing them? There are so many places already devoted to exactly that. I'd rather just have fun here and not worry about the political views of the other members, some of which are bound to be different from mine.

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:38 pm

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
I often wonder if myself if my Erika von Stroheim character might be misinterpreted by some as my being anti-German.  I'm not.  I'm not poking fun at Germans either, but poking fun at Nazis, the same way Mel Brooks does in most of his films and the same way that the TV series Hogan's Heroes, which I watched with my parents who'd grown up in Nazi Occupied Belgium.  They watched it, I suppose because during those times, the only resistance you could reasonably safely take against them was to laugh at them.  

I was fascinated to learn later on that Werner Klemperer who played Colonel Klink was half-Jewish; he was the son of conductor Otto Klemperer who fled the Nazis to come to America. John Banner, (Sgt Schultz) Leon Askin, (General Burkhalter) Howard Cain (Major Hochstetter) were all Jewish also,  As was Robert Clary, (Corporal LeBeau.)

It's like Mel Brooks says...."You don't get back at a dictator by yelling at him; that's what dictators do. You get back at him through ridicule."  That's as far as I allow politics to get into my work...

I think you're safe, like there is nothing that I find offensive about it. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:40 pm

I'm not poking fun at Germans either, but poking fun at Nazis, the same way Mel Brooks does in most of his films and the same way that the TV series Hogan's Heroes
It is a sad indictment on what's happened to modern society that you could not make "Hogan's Heroes" today, nor "Blazing Saddles", ....and certainly not "Life of Brian" or anything else by the Monty Python team.
And yet they are wickedly sharp examples of humour and satire.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:42 pm

As i recall, "The Life of Brian" was pretty controversial when it came out and pissed off a lot of religious groups. This being said, my friends and I went to see it in the theater and thought it was uproarious. I did not see it as being anti-Christian or anti-Jewish or haha, anti-Roman.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:44 pm

LeStryge wrote:
 I'm not poking fun at Germans either, but poking fun at Nazis, the same way Mel Brooks does in most of his films and the same way that the TV series Hogan's Heroes
It is a sad indictment on what's happened to modern society that you could not make "Hogan's Heroes" today, nor "Blazing Saddles", ....and certainly not "Life of Brian" or anything else by the Monty Python team.
And yet they are wickedly sharp examples of humour and satire.

Yeah but thats the problem. People cry about everything. I mean Little Britain has been taken off tele for being racist.

Little Britain was hilarious. It poked fun at everything, including white gay British guys, which one of the creators most definitely is. 

I agree we need to be open minded to people. But people also need to have a back bone and understand that not evrthing is engineered to offend. Ans in the event something does offend. Just calmly explain your position. Don't go on a tirade on social media to get someone cancelled.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:45 pm

As i recall, "The Life of Brian" was pretty controversial when it came out and pissed off a lot of religious groups.  This being said, my friends and I went to see it in the theater and thought it was uproarious. I did not see it as being anti-Christian or anti-Jewish or haha, anti-Roman.  
Exactly! It's satire at its most brilliant. I still enjoy it.
"Blessed are the cheese-makers".....!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:46 pm

Another show I regularly watched with my parents was "Get Smart," whose most common recurring villain, Siegfried, was an ex-Nazi who saw Argentina as the fatherland, and was again, played to the hilt by a Jewish guy, (Bernie Kopell) who like Klemperer and the others I mentioned had no problem playing Nazis, as long as they could be portrayed as fools who always failed.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2021 11:49 pm

you couldn't put shows like "It's Half Hot Mum" with white Britons in blackface playing Indians on TV today either. This notwithstanding, the show was hilarious, especially to those of us who served in the military, particularly the Artillery
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 am

And we think we've made progress....... No No No
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 8:31 am

Hi Sarah, I totally missed this topic, great stuff & pics. Back in the day I was a huge Sideshow collector in the 2000s. When they got together with Hot Toys it was really cool IMO but when they starting doing what everybody else was doing like making SW & Marvel I just lost interest in them when they stopped doing horror and original stuff not to much everything is so high priced.

Got more to show us Sarah Very Happy

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 8:31 pm

BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:
Hi Sarah, I totally missed this topic, great stuff & pics. Back in the day I was a huge Sideshow collector in the 2000s. When they got together with Hot Toys it was really cool IMO but when they starting doing what everybody else was doing like making SW & Marvel I just lost interest in them when they stopped doing horror and original stuff not to much everything is so high priced.

Hey Brandon,

Well I have to admit, I've pulled the trigger on a few Marvel guys, but like three figures and you have spent over 1000 bucks. That's a little upsetting. But I try to not think about it. I recently got the MK85 and it's really damn cool. But where do you stop? I was tempted by Rescue, Iron Patriot, I like the Igor but it's plastic.

I have to say the Buffy and Angel stuff was amazing and when I was in my teens and picking them up for 5 to 15 a pop. Why not?

The Resident Evil Stuff from Hot Toys is great. I've got all of them except Ada and blonde Jill. I reallt need to pull them out and post them. Though some are box dwellers 13 years on like my RE 4 stuff.

Nowadays the company to look at for Biohazard is SWToys in my opinion. I'm waiting on the Jill and Zombie two pack and the red outfit of Rebecca Chambers.

Still I'm happy to see another horror fan here!
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 8:56 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:

Hey Brandon,

Well I have to admit, I've pulled the trigger on a few Marvel guys, but like three figures and you have spent over 1000 bucks. That's a little upsetting. But I try to not think about it. I recently got the MK85 and it's really damn cool. But where do you stop? I was tempted by Rescue, Iron Patriot, I like the Igor but it's plastic.

I have to say the Buffy and Angel stuff was amazing and when I was in my teens and picking them up for 5 to 15 a pop. Why not?

The Resident Evil Stuff from Hot Toys is great. I've got all of them except Ada and blonde Jill. I reallt need to pull them out and post them. Though some are box dwellers 13 years on like my RE 4 stuff.

Nowadays the company to look at for Biohazard is SWToys in my opinion. I'm waiting on the Jill and Zombie two pack and the red outfit of Rebecca Chambers.

Still I'm happy to see another horror fan here!

Hi Sarah, thanks for replying Smile Oh yes, I am a big Horror fan, I dig the classic horror like Universal Monsters but I love 80s & 90s horror especially.

I mean its not not that I don't like it, its because I don't like that Sideshow took the route that others did and didn't stay the same and kept their formula that made them Sideshow!

Well heck yeah, you made the right choice getting them so cheap. I do regret not getting a lot of Sideshow figures when they were cheap like that and readily available.

Hey Sarah, I too have RE HT figures + Sideshow Universal Monsters featured here within the forum. I'll tell you what, I'll post the links to them and if you could please visit & look at them and comment on them I would really appreciate it, we could talk a lot about them Smile All of the topics are pic heavy so do please take your time.

Here they are:

My Hot Toys Resident Evil Collection

My Sideshow Universal Monster collection + bonuses!

Sideshow Pamela & Jason Voorhees

If you want more Resident Evil then please visit My Agatsuma & NECA RE topic!

I do have some Sideshow Highlander figures too and I thought that I posted them here but I gotta see about it later. I do have other Sideshow figures but I'll get to them later as well.

Thanks Sarah Smile

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 8:34 pm

Nice collection Brandon! You have lots of classic Hollywood horror. That's cool!
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2021 6:24 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Nice collection Brandon! You have lots of classic Hollywood horror. That's cool!

Thanks Sarah Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Toys and Sideshow   Hot Toys and Sideshow - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot Toys and Sideshow
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2