ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meet The Big Deal

Go down 
+2
Kimono Troop Command
RealSarahdactyl
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 7:45 am

This is "The Big Deal" action figure by Mr Z. They used the World Box AT018 body for this figure. This guy was going to be Douglas, an English gangster in the story I'm working on. However when I was showing him to my Mum, she mentioned that he looked like he could be from a Scandinavian country. So right now, "who he is", is a little up in the air.
Meet The Big Deal 20210132
Meet The Big Deal 20210131
As you can see there are several clothing options. GianToy has the two pinstripe suit versions for sale. I nearly went with blue pinstripe but preferred the brown in the end.
Meet The Big Deal 20210133
Overall I really like the figure, I mean when you first look at him, you can feel, like with any World Box body, the quality in it's construction.
Meet The Big Deal 20210134
I was a little unsure of the headsculpt before the figure arrived, I felt he looked a bit vacant like he was puzzled. However now that I've had the figure in hand, I really like the headsculpt.
Meet The Big Deal 20210135
Meet The Big Deal 20210136
Meet The Big Deal 20210138
The clothing is beautifully made with great detail. To the point I'd love to track down another one of the outfits, however, the issue is it is all a little tight on him. The clothing is closed with velcros, and it could have used a little extra fabric, so the velcros don't show as much. Also the tie is attached by a small string. But I understand they wanted his suit to look tailored, and it is on a more hefty figure.
Meet The Big Deal 20210140
The body comes with all of the hands and feet that it comes with if you buy it nude.
Meet The Big Deal 20210141
Meet The Big Deal 20210142
Overall I'm pretty happy with the figure. I think he would be good for a variety of characters and I like the diversity this figure is helping to bring to the hobby.

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 7:47 am

Looks like he'd make a good villain.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 7:50 am

I agree! what a great looking bad guy! great pick up Sarah bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 7:57 am

Thanks guys! I'm kind of adjusting the cast a little, so he might not be a bad guy. He might be more neutral, then again even some of my "bad guys" aren't too bad.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 9:05 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Thanks guys! I'm kind of adjusting the cast a little, so he might not be a bad guy. He might be more neutral, then again even some of my "bad guys" aren't too bad.

He would probab;y make a good "go between" type of guy, a man full of information maybe?
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 9:13 am

He looks like a respectable lawyer to me but he secretly wants to be a fishmonger Laughing. I’m really liking the pictures you’ve done of him Sarah Very Happy.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 10:16 am

Great figure Sarah!

He has lots of possibilities. Kingpin, lawyer, informant etc.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 6:05 pm

Bouncer...Bodyguard.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 7:32 pm

Thats sort of what I was thinking Dal!

That's right Prof Gangrene Fan, he could totally be a lawyer.

Thanks Daryl, initially he was going to be the crime boss, but I'm not so sure now.

Kimono Troop Command, I've already got some plastic guys on those jobs haha.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 11:21 pm

I think he has an English look to him in that suit . I will look forward to where your imagination takes him .

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 11:43 pm

English? I rather think he looks more Scandinavian....
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 12:22 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
English?  I rather think he looks more Scandinavian....

I was referring more to his dress than the sculpt .

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 12:26 am

My bad!
Back to top Go down

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 12:47 am

The costume certainly is immaculately made....could you loosen the seam in the back of the waistcoat where it won't show just a little so it would join properly at the front?
The head sculpt is great, although I'm not sure just exactly what the mouth hanging open is meant to convey.
He's obviously very well-groomed and clothed, so if he is a gangster he's definitely a top man.
Smart lawyer works with that suit, .......or buy him that great yellow slicker outfit and make him a tug-boat operator, or maybe an Alaskan crab fisherman? 
There's something of the sea about that face and beard.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 4:43 am

Chip, see thats exactly what I was thinking when I saw the suit. The idea for him was to be a cockney gangster, who moved his operations to America. Where I want my little saga to take place.

But like Kimono Troop Command says, his head sculpt seems Scandinavian.

LeStryge, the outfit is lovely. I did try adjusting it, but rather than risk ruining it I figured that a little bit of velcro is okay. I agree the facial expression is a little vacant like he is confused. I really do like the yellow raincoat version, I can imagine him walking in the woods with his dog in that gear.

I've realized that my old Triad Toys Otaku who I never used and was thinking of selling might make a great wife for him, if he is a Scandinavian guy who is a lawyer.
I'm sure eventually it will all come together.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:00 am

What if he's an American gangster of Scandinavian descent in some mid-west state like Minnesota? Name: Lars Gunderson, aka "Big Lars," or "Lucky Lars," or maybe just "Gunny,"
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:08 am

He was going to be Douglas at first. But the thing is, while I thought of making him another gangster, my town is shaping up to be full of crime.. haha.

I'm thinking lawyer or accountant for the English gang. These gangs are also not totally evil, they're like lite evil.

The new leader of the English gang is Liam.
Meet The Big Deal 20210145
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:17 am

I've seen that head on Monkey Depot quite a lot. I think it it's parted out from a Roman Legionary.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:18 am

Not totally evil? Like "The Lavender Hill Mob?"
Back to top Go down

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:32 am

Those head sculpts do have such an amazingly life-like quality.
Are they silicone or hard plastic?
The painting is so accurate too.

Last edited by LeStryge on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:32 am

Yeah that is where I got it! It's a great sculpt! Based on the actor Liam Cunningham. I just saw it for like $97 on ebay...
Initially he was going to be the big boss from Russia but then he looked much like Liam.

Yeah like the Russians aren't into human trafficking or anything. They are into guns, drugs, strong arming, selling stolen electronics and such.
The English guys are similar. I was thinking they might own/reside in a pub. Of course I wouldn't want to seem like I'm ripping off the AMMO arms.

LeStryge they really do, I think his brand is HY Toys.
Back to top Go down

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:35 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
I was thinking they might own/reside in a pub. Of course I wouldn't want to seem like I'm ripping off the AMMO arms.
I am quite reliably informed that there are more than just the one pub in the world.....
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:37 am

LeStryge wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:
I was thinking they might own/reside in a pub. Of course I wouldn't want to seem like I'm ripping off the AMMO arms.
I am quite reliably informed that there are more than just the one pub in the world.....

Hahaha! Nonono! I know I know!🤣😅😆

But you know a bunch of dolls congregating in the bar.
Back to top Go down

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:39 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:

I've definitely been in a few of those places......

Magnificent bike BTW.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 5:47 am

LeStryge wrote:
RealSarahdactyl wrote:

I've definitely been in a few of those places......
Magnificent bike BTW.

This is good! More doll pubs for the masses!

Thanks! It's one of the New Ray bikes! I got it and a ninja years ago for 20 dollars a piece. I wish I'd got a bunch more now.. New Ray has released dirt bikes in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meet The Big Deal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet The Big Deal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next