ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meet The Big Deal

Go down 
+2
Kimono Troop Command
RealSarahdactyl
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

Meet The Big Deal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 7:16 am

LeStryge wrote:
The head sculpt is great, although I'm not sure just exactly what the mouth hanging open is meant to convey.

I have seen older men, especially ones that are overweight, do that. I think it's because it makes it easier for them to breathe,
because of the weight they have and the fact that it puts pressure on their chest.

I once worked with a guy that wasn't really older, but he had a lot of weight. You could hear him breathing 3-4 feet away. It
sounded like he was having trouble breathing.

Maybe that's what the toy company was doing for the character?

Daryl

RealSarahdactyl likes this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 7:48 am

That could be it Daryl!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 9:29 pm

Oh great, now our figures come with health issues....... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 11:13 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Oh great, now our figures come with health issues....... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

lol! lol! lol!

PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 11:36 pm

RSD, just on that problem with the velcro showing on his waistcoat, I had a similar issue and the following worked really well.
Most times velcro is sewn on both sides.
Take a pair of very sharp nail scissors and starting at the bottom of the velcro, carefully snip up along the velcro, effectively cutting it in half. 
Be VERY careful not to cut the suit materiel below, ...just the velcro. 
When you have cut to the top, then unpick the stitching on the outside of the velcro and completely remove the outside strip that was showing. 
The smaller strip of velcro that remains sewn to the garment is perfectly capable of holding the waistcoat shut by itself and because the velcro is now only half the width, it won't show.
I did this on a union suit and it worked a treat.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 6:01 am

LeStryge wrote:
RSD, just on that problem with the velcro showing on his waistcoat, I had a similar issue and the following worked really well.
Most times velcro is sewn on both sides.
Take a pair of very sharp nail scissors and starting at the bottom of the velcro, carefully snip up along the velcro, effectively cutting it in half. 
Be VERY careful not to cut the suit materiel below, ...just the velcro. 
When you have cut to the top, then unpick the stitching on the outside of the velcro and completely remove the outside strip that was showing. 
The smaller strip of velcro that remains sewn to the garment is perfectly capable of holding the waistcoat shut by itself and because the velcro is now only half the width, it won't show.
I did this on a union suit and it worked a treat.

That makes sense actually! I could do that, however I think I'd only be willing to risk it if I could find a second waistcoat on ebay or something. I don't trust my unsteady hands, then I'd worry that if I knicked the fabric, or a stitch and lost a button. Over the years since I was little there have been so many times I've tried to do things to improve something and just ruin it.

That said, 2020 was a good year for me in the sense that I did managed to make some things, walls, furniture ans I think they helped me cognitively. I had a head injury in 2019 that's made things harder. But! Even though I'm not into 1/6 tailoring, I can do a couple of things. 😀
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 8:33 am

Go ahead....even I managed it!
It's easier than you imagine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet The Big Deal   Meet The Big Deal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet The Big Deal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2