ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

T.H.E Rock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 12:19 am

T.H.E Rock , is a Grenadier in the movie Full Metal Jacket . He is my third attempt at a character from the movie . It`s quite a challenge to find Hispanic looking figures , I settled on this one . Not exactly a good likeness but is o.k . I searched and searched for the Graffiti on his helmet , but it was a challenge . So I have left him with just that phrase for now . I printed the Wrigley`s Wrapper , and scratch made the Yoyo in the helmet band . The Axe is a Vintage Action Man item re-painted for more realism . Upgraded 21st toys web , and DML pouches .

T.H.E Rock 1-P1120003

T.H.E Rock 2-P1110988

T.H.E Rock 3-P1110993

T.H.E Rock 4

T.H.E Rock 5-P1120006

T.H.E Rock 7-P1110998

Here he is with Animal and Joker , from the same movie .

T.H.E Rock 8-P1120016

T.H.E Rock 9-P1120017

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 1:33 am

It was a few months back, wasn't it, that you were searching for images of a 1960s Wrigley's wrapper? Your efforts were well worthwhile! I think that's the detail that makes this figure! Oh, man, I remember five stick gum packs like that, with the foil around each stick, from when I was a kid! Usually all scrunched up like that! Oh, that is so cool! Taking me back, man... fortunately to a carefree childhood rather than to the muddy jungles of 'Nam.

Great work on the yo-yo, too! Look at that, a classic Duncan Butterfly! That is so cool! That was the yo-yo to have when I was a kid... which, sadly for two generations of young men, was when the war was in full swing.

Nice wristwatch, too! You really nailed the details on this one, Chip! Fantastic work, even compared to your always fantastic work!

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 1:52 am

The realism of that head sculpt is superbly set off by your amazing attention to each and every detail Mark!
Museum quality work!
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 2:26 am

This is so bad ass Chip! Nice work! It's all the details that make your Nam figures so amazing.

I agree that Hispanic figures are hard to come by. When I made the mini me of my friend Chris, I used the Soldier Story Iraqi soldier.

T.H.E Rock 20210310
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 5:51 am

Another great figure Chip!

I hadn't seen the other two, they all look great. I haven't seen the movie
in some time, I need to watch it again.

Did you make Joker's notepad?

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 7:57 am

Wow Chip, I think you may have surpassed yourself this time! He looks amazing! so many small details to pick up on. Nice use of the AM axe too! it looks great! bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 12:56 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
It was a few months back, wasn't it, that you were searching for images of a 1960s Wrigley's wrapper? Your efforts were well worthwhile! I think that's the detail that makes this figure! Oh, man, I remember five stick gum packs like that, with the foil around each stick, from when I was a kid! Usually all scrunched up like that! Oh, that is so cool! Taking me back, man... fortunately to a carefree childhood rather than to the muddy jungles of 'Nam.

Great work on the yo-yo, too! Look at that, a classic Duncan Butterfly! That is so cool! That was the yo-yo to have when I was a kid... which, sadly for two generations of young men, was when the war was in full swing.

Nice wristwatch, too! You really nailed the details on this one, Chip! Fantastic work, even compared to your always fantastic work!

Oh Gee , thanks Dave . You know a lot more about that Yoyo than I , as I just copied what I could see in stills from the film . I forgot to mention I modified the watch strap , but it`s great you picked up on that too . Thank you . Wink

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 1:08 pm

Many thanks for kind comment and high praise Barry , glad you like him and took the time to look and comment . Wink

Sarah , thanks for the comments and pic , your figure looks Hispanic and would work . I am so often finding though , a lot of sculpts wearing beards or goatees these days , especially from ethnic minorities , be nice to find some clean shaven types .

Hi Daryl , yes Jokers notebook was scratch made , you can find both him and Animal posted in this section elsewhere if you wish to look . Thanks for the kind words , definitely worth catching up on the film again , I never tire of watching it it seems .

Cheers for the kind comments Dal , as always much appreciated .

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 9:11 pm

The headsculpt even looks sweaty, as he would be in the stinking hot jungles of 'Nam.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 1:05 am

Often the high lights in photos are a bane , it`s nice to see them work for us some times . Thanks again Barry .

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 3:33 am

Mark, could you possibly try one ( perhaps a figure of lesser value or clothed out of some of the stuff you already have and don't intend to use) that is dirtied/sweaty as if he's just come back from a mission, to see how it looks and if it adds to the realism? Don't worry about authenticity of the kit.
I think you eventually have to do a tunnel-rat and he's just got to be at least muddy.
(Those guys were insanely brave!)

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 2:11 pm

I have toyed with Tunnel Rats in the past , all stripped down again now , but it is on my to do list . I have so many projects on the go at the moment , some may never see the light of day , but maybe one day I will have ago at weathering , I agree it can help a sense of realism greatly if done well . Your not the first to think my Figures look a bit clean Barry . Very Happy

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 8:57 pm

Chip wrote:
 Your not the first to think my Figures look a bit clean Barry . Very Happy
Mark I think your figures look ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Truly at a superb level. 
It was just a suggestion to do to a lesser figure to see what it might look like.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 9:33 pm

I am not offended or upset by your comments Barry my friend , indeed I am sure it would improve them some , and is something I wish to try in due course .

T.H.E Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: T.H.E Rock   T.H.E Rock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T.H.E Rock
Page 1 of 1