ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Empty
PostSubject: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2021 11:35 pm

I've just received a World Box AT017 body from Urban Samurai. It's my first World Box body and I'm very impressed with the quality and the heft. Way better than the cheap bodies. The only thing is, I can't figure out how to put a head on it. it has no neck and the neck pin sticks very far out, meaning that the neck adapters that I have don't have a cavity deep enough to use with this body. Before I go out and try to buy adapters or necks that I don't know will fit, does anyone have any experience with this body and if so, can you share your insights?
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 12:41 am

Hi Gary,
Congratulations on your first World Box!

Did the figure not come with several neck pins? There should be two or three.

World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Wb-at010

It looks like AT017 has a neck that fits over an internal ball on the torso, then another peg with a ball at either end fits into the neck.
I THINK the Punisher I put together for my brother was on this body. I will try to dig it out later and check, as I am pretty sure he left it here with my stuff.
If you have the different pins, just dip the neck in a cup of boiled water to soften, then pull out the pin to swap for different lengths.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 12:45 am

Oh shit. I'm looking at the AT017.. did it come with a neck?
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 1:03 am

It came without a neck. There is a long neck pin in the body and I see no way to get it out, and two shorter pins that I have no idea how to get into the body. I did however figure out a solution by pulling the ball joint adapter out of a neck I was using on another unfinished figure, drilling it out a bit with a large drill bit and then making an adapter by carving one out of a Mars art eraser, as I have for a couple of the smaller Phicen figs. Still though, there must be something I don't quite understand or which must be available someplace.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 1:10 am

Ahh, I think then, this body must be designed for sculpts that fit on these style necks and adapters.

World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Neckpe10

I can dig around and see what components I have from other bodies that might work. I must have a neck or semi-sphere type thing somewhere. Just have to find it.

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 1:13 am

thanks much!
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 12:29 pm

Hi Gary . I have a couple of those bodies , it`s annoying Worldbox supplied this figure with no neck . As all their others seem to have one . It`s a good solid body though . The neck pin does come out . Heat up the neck part first with hot water as suggested , or my preferred method of a hair dryer . Get it hot , then use a pair of thin nosed pliers to pull it out , place the pliers under the ball part if you can , and use considerable force to pull it out as straight as you can . It does take some pulling , be brave Very Happy  . Quickly put the shortest pin in using the pliers, you need to use some force here too , I found the shortest pin works best , and avoids the Giraffe neck appearance . You will need a neck adaptor set like in the link below . There are a few types available on eBay . The beauty is you can use either neck sculpts or no neck sculpts .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6th-Scale-Figure-Neck-Joint-Connectors-Adapter-Model-Fit-12-Female-Male-Body/154290697025?hash=item23ec713341:g:enMAAOSwi0RXz9zh

I used this body on My Animal figure , and am pleased with it .

World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   7-P1100675

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 12:37 pm

Thanks. I may give that a try. In the meantime, I found a solution that seems to work; I took a neck I was using on a cheap figure, pulled out the neck adapter, drilled a bit deeper with larger drill bit, and then put in one of my improvised neck adapters carved out of a soft rubber art eraser. It works pretty well, but the neck and the body are not a good colour match for one another.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 12:43 pm

Matching head and body parts colour wise is a real gripe for me . It`s trial and error for us all I feel .

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 9:12 pm

Hey Chip,

Did as you instructed. It worked. Thanks for the help.  Thanks also to Sarah for your help. i knew I could count on members here to help me out with this.

Gary
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 9:30 pm

Glad you got it sorted , hope we get to see who he ends up as .

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 9:35 pm

Chip wrote:

It's just our old friend Feldewebel Heinze Pfeffer, (sgt Pepper) given a new, better quality body to replace the cheap one I was using before.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 8:04 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Chip wrote:

It's just our old friend Feldewebel Heinze Pfeffer, (sgt Pepper) given a new, better quality body to replace the cheap one I was using before.  

Looking forward to the pics Gary bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 5:57 am

Hey Chip,

Did as you instructed. It worked. Thanks for the help.  Thanks also to Sarah for your help. i knew I could count on members here to help me out with this.
Gary

Hey Gary, I have found bits. Between two nudes I'm not really using I have a neck and semi circle style adapter if you need.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 9:38 am

Thanks Sarah. I don't. I had those parts too, but couldn't figure out how to use them with this figure because the neck pin was so damned long. It did not think it was possible to take it out, but Chip explained to me how to do it and replace it with the shorter neck pin. I did as he instructed...heating with the hair dryer and pulling it out with a pair of pliers, and voila! it worked. I had not known this was possible and was afraid of breaking the pin.

I thanked both you can Chip for your advice and assistance in an earlier post. I was hoping you would read it before going to any trouble but I guess you didn't see it, so I'll take the opportunity to thank you now.

Also, I was on the BigBadToy store site earlier today and saw some items that made me think of you and your dios, so let me give you a link to them. As your characters and dioramas seem much more grounded in reality than mine, I thought some of these items would fit in well with your 1/6th scale world. Alas, most of them are pre-rder but a a few are in stock now.

Gary

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/139457

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/125348

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/139499

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/125347

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/139485

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145185

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145182

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/55060

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145183

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145184

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145186

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/154610

RealSarahdactyl likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 3:48 pm

Well... seeing all those links answers a question I have had for a while. I've seen some impressive dioramas of shops and garages since I joined these action figure forums in the past couple of years, and I've wondered how some of the builders create such scenes. Now I know. The trick apparently goes something like: "Wot's this? An extra ten grand in me pocket? Cor, I reckon I'll  build me a miniature diorama!"
Rolling Eyes

I like those overalls, but at seventy bucks, I'll be sticking with old GI Joe jumpsuits. That's more than I paid for the overalls for my 1/3 scale Smart Dolls.

A toolbox or two would be nice to have, and it's not too hideously expensive. I'm hoping they are still in stock when my eBay funds credit to my bank account later this week. (The new eBay payment system is really annoying, but that's a subject for another topic.)

Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 4:17 pm

Damn, those are some nice accessories! I just paid up for my Dam Toys Leon, so I have to taper spending for a bit. Thanks for the links Gary
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 4:19 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Well... seeing all those links answers a question I have had for a while. I've seen some impressive dioramas of shops and garages since I joined these action figure forums in the past couple of years, and I've wondered how some of the builders create such scenes. Now I know. The trick apparently goes something like: "Wot's this? An extra ten grand in me pocket? Cor, I reckon I'll  build me a miniature diorama!"
Rolling Eyes

I like those overalls, but at seventy bucks, I'll be sticking with old GI Joe jumpsuits. That's more than I paid for the overalls for my 1/3 scale Smart Dolls.

A toolbox or two would be nice to have, and it's not too hideously expensive. I'm hoping they are still in stock when my eBay funds credit to my bank account later this week. (The new eBay payment system is really annoying, but that's a subject for another topic.)

I like the overalls too because they look a lot like the ones worn by the automotive club in Girls und Panzer, which I apparently cannot stop watching...over and over again.

https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Keiko_Hoshino

https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Tsuchiya

The thing is of course, you also get boots, a belt and a cap for your $70.00, though I still find that very expensive.

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 4:49 pm

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Damn, those are some nice accessories! I just paid up for my Dam Toys Leon, so I have to taper spending for a bit. Thanks for the links Gary

No problem, Sarah. With the exception of the overalls, which have been around for a while, all the other stuff is new and when I saw the dumpster and phone booth, I immediately thought of your street dios, and as for the tools and tanks, I thought of Mini-Sarah.

Gary
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 5:10 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Rolling Eyes

As far as expenses go....Geez! I don't even want to think about how much money I'm spending on this hobby. It's terrifying. I just bought a roll of blue seamless paper to simulate a sky for Dinosaur Valley (or any outdoor scene) and had it delivered to my office, where it was waiting for me as I got in this morning. Fortunately, I can use it for other photo projects, if I need to. (actually, I'm not likely to...unless I use if for a blue chromakey backdrop for sci-fi stuff or something.....

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 11:23 pm

I like the overalls too because they look a lot like the ones worn by the automotive club in Girls und Panzer, which I apparently cannot stop watching...over and over again.  

The thing is of course, you also get boots, a belt and a cap for your $70.00, though I still find that very expensive.

Considering what 1/6 scale action figure shoes cost on eBay, yes, having the boots and belt included makes it a little bit less unreasonable. Or so I began to convince myself, until I realized I could go to Walmart (or Canadian Tire for you, maybe) and buy an inexpensive set of coveralls and cheap boots for myself for less than $70.

Coveralls: $31 - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Natural-Uniforms-Men-Long-Sleeve-Coverall-861/126799315
Boots: $20 - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Brahma-Men-s-Wide-Width-Escott-6-Soft-Toe-Work-Boots/50922583
Tool belt: $12 - https://www.walmart.com/ip/8-Pockets-Tool-Belt-Oxford-cloth-Electrician-Tool-Pouch-Tool-Bag-with-Poly-Web-Belt-Pouch-with-Adjustable-Waist-Strap/289905958
Cap: $7 – https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gelante-Adult-Unisex-Baseball-Hat-Cap-100-Cotton-Plain-Blank-Adjustable-Size-Khaki/827830115
Total: $70
Rolling Eyes

That said, you had to note how closely those coveralls resemble the Girls und Panzer look, didn't you?

Do you have a preferred DVD or Blu-Ray collection of Girls und Panzer? Or do you watch a streaming version?

I wish I could stop buying random stuff so I could save up enough for a 1/6 tank.

As far as expenses go....Geez!  I don't even want to think about how much money I'm spending on this hobby. It's terrifying.  I just bought a roll of blue seamless paper to ... or something.....

I know, right? It's that "or something" that makes almost any cool little thing seem, well, cool enough to need! Or to justify. Like, say... the decorative map paper I purchased "under the influence" of someone on this forum.  Wink  Or the... pretty much any of a hundred examples. I need to start using some of this stuff rather than buying it for projects I'm intending to do.

Anyway, it sounds like you've pretty much sorted out your body issues. Well, your action figure neck peg issues, I should say. Razz I have a head I need to find a body for, myself. I'll go take care of that right after I finish posting this, rather than putting it off as usual.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 11:53 pm

We have both Walmart and Canadian Tire here. You can buy coveralls at both, but not nearly so cool looking as the turmeric coloured ones that look like they came straight out of the automotive club on Girls und Panzer. I have a DVD. I keep saying I'm gonna get myself a Blu-ray player so that I can by Der Film, and The Final Chapter, and all the OVA's but I keep spending the damned money on.....guess what?

But as to Girls und Panzer...cute girls having tank battles! What could be more fun. I would have enjoyed high school a lot more if we had had a Sensha-Do program in my High School, which believe it or not, was named "Riverdale."

I need to save to buy a tank also. I'm really hoping that Dragon will eventually release a Stug III or a late model Panzer III or Panzer IV. If they released an M4A3E8 Sherman, (Easy Eight) with the 76mm gun I'd be all over it.

The Stug would be an instant seller, I think and just like the real ones, they could keep the costs down because it wouldn't have a turret.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 12:31 am

Since you attended Riverdale High, the obvious question would be... nah, never mind, you've probably heard that ten-thousand times too many!

I need to upgrade my Girls und Panzer discs. Most are from back when eBay was the only source and quality was inconsistent and it was hard to tell the real thing from crummy bootlegs. I see there are legit Blu-ray releases of everything now. So what else can I sell on eBay...?

I'm supposed to be finding a body to go with a head, right? Okay, I'm on it... right now! Razz

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 2:50 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Since you attended Riverdale High, the obvious question would be... nah, never mind, you've probably heard that ten-thousand times too many!

I need to upgrade my Girls und Panzer discs. Most are from back when eBay was the only source and quality was inconsistent and it was hard to tell the real thing from crummy bootlegs. I see there are legit Blu-ray releases of everything now. So what else can I sell on eBay...?

I'm supposed to be finding a body to go with a head, right? Okay, I'm on it... right now! Razz

If the Riverdale question you were going to ask was "Who would I want to date: Betty or Veronica; my answer would be that while they are both very cute, if I could date any cartoon character I would want to, it would be one or more of the girls in Girls und Panzer, especially Maho, (Miho's older sister) Hana Isuzu, or Momo Kawashima, who despite her cold, hard exterior, has a really sentimental side she doesn't want others to know about.  

https://www.deviantart.com/grim-s-morrison/art/Maho-Nishizumi-Vector-460493957

And now that I've totally ruined your evening with by making you wonder which Girls und Panzer cartoon character you might like to date if you were Japanese anime character, I'll try to get back to shooting a few test shots with my new backdrop.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 am

And now that I've totally ruined your evening with....

Embarassed Pretty much, yeah, but... much more pleasant to contemplate than current world events.

PostSubject: Re: World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.    World Box AT017 Body.  Need Advice, help.   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Box AT017 Body. Need Advice, help.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next