ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RTO NAM Marine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

RTO NAM Marine  Empty
PostSubject: RTO NAM Marine    RTO NAM Marine  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 2:08 pm

Hi all ,

Here is My Marine RTO ( Radio Telephone Operator ) . He has taken the place of my previous RTO who has rotated home . Very Happy  I have another in the making , but will likely be a while before he shows up for active duty .

Along with Officers , Medics and M.60 Gunners , RTO`s were prime targets for the NVA and Vietcong . After all they could call in artillery and air support along with Medevacs ect . Most RTO`s tried to hide the fact they were carrying radios , often carrying the radio inside a pack , and as here bending the areal over , some bent it round in half into a loop , though this method could cause snags on the bush . The RTO`s were pretty much on the officers heels , normally an L.T . Along with the radio , they still had to carry a rifle , ammo and gear to survive in the bush . The long pouch strapped to the side of his pack frame , contains a long range areal . Strapped to the other side is a Gas mask bag , these were often used to carry other stuff instead of a Gasmask . I printed off a spare battery box , which sits between his Butt pack and Poncho . ( Thanks to Pickle Monkey from OSF for the print design )  . Like the hand set , this has been wrapped in polythene to keep out the damp and or dust  . A selection of Smoke grenades are hooked to the radio , these were used to show their position when calling in medevacs or air strikes . Scratch made note book and pencil , and printed map . Hope you like him .

RTO NAM Marine  1-P1130276

RTO NAM Marine  2-P1130243

RTO NAM Marine  3-P1130248

RTO NAM Marine  4-P1130270

RTO NAM Marine  5-P1130282

RTO NAM Marine  6-P1130288

RTO NAM Marine  7-P1130291

RTO NAM Marine  8-P1130384

RTO NAM Marine  9-P1130391

RTO NAM Marine  10-P1130386

RTO NAM Marine  11-P1130387

RTO NAM Marine  12-P1130399

RTO NAM Marine  13-P1130305

RTO NAM Marine  14-P1130336

RTO NAM Marine  5-P1130282

RTO NAM Marine  16-P1130368

RTO NAM Marine  17-P1130355

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

RTO NAM Marine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTO NAM Marine    RTO NAM Marine  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 5:18 pm

Gritty, realistic...has that Vietnam 1000 yard stare...
Back to top Go down

RTO NAM Marine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTO NAM Marine    RTO NAM Marine  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 4:45 am

The figure is of course truly wonderful, ...another product of your obviously intensive research and serious attention to all the little details that make all your works really come to life.
SO well done!
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

RTO NAM Marine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTO NAM Marine    RTO NAM Marine  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 6:41 am

Amazing level of detail! Hours of research, and even more hours of custom crafting! Another museum quality figure worthy of a historical exhibit!

Admin
BAMComix

RTO NAM Marine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTO NAM Marine    RTO NAM Marine  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2021 7:46 am

Very nice Chip! another quality addition mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

RTO NAM Marine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTO NAM Marine    RTO NAM Marine  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 12:01 am

Thanks all , I don`t know where the time goes , I got so many half finished projects to finish . Hopefully post some more stuff soon . bounce

Professor Gangrene Fan

RTO NAM Marine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTO NAM Marine    RTO NAM Marine  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 1:51 am

Chip wrote:
Thanks all , I don`t know where the time goes , I got so many half finished projects to finish . Hopefully post some more stuff soon . bounce

Time sure does go quickly in our hobby. Your get though all these half finished projects bit by bit Chip. When you do get though all these many half finished projects I’ll be looking forward to seeing them.

RTO NAM Marine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTO NAM Marine    RTO NAM Marine  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RTO NAM Marine
Page 1 of 1